What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Cajuin said:

knob creek rye double barrel -- taken a gamble

That's a good gamble by me.

• I like it 2

Well, I have been on a steady bunker beat-down for months, as I want to get the bunker down from 300+ to less than 200. I have not purchased any bourbon, or any spirits, for at least 8 months. However, I finally lucked out and got an email from TW that I had won the chance to buy a bottle of GTS 2020 for $139. So, of course I did buy it. Ha. Not sure when I will open it, as I have a lot of bottles to work through, but it was fun to pick it up!

Pat

GTS 2.jpg

• I like it 16

2 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Well, I have been on a steady bunker beat-down for months, as I want to get the bunker down from 300+ to less than 200. I have not purchased any bourbon, or any spirits, for at least 8 months. However, I finally lucked out and got an email from TW that I had won the chance to buy a bottle of GTS 2020 for $139. So, of course I did buy it. Ha. Not sure when I will open it, as I have a lot of bottles to work through, but it was fun to pick it up!

Pat

GTS 2.jpg

Nice score

• I like it 1

As a former metro Detroit resident, Pingree has a soft spot in my heart.  Good to have a chance at a couple more bottles, even if the age seems to be dropping.

20210305_160954_HDR.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

That's what happens when you're not looking.

Isn't that the truth huh

• I like it 1

Regular ol' MM and a WT101. Already had an EWSB on the shelf and if I go to Costco Sunday another of those will probably follow me home as usual...like to have stock of the go-tos. And for better or for worse good ol' MM so often just hits the spot...don't have to think about it much. Just sip and get lost in whatever record I'm listening to before bed... ;) 

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Pat

GTS 2.jpg

Unreal. I hope I can find one one day myself.

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, B3Nut said:

Regular ol' MM and a WT101. Already had an EWSB on the shelf and if I go to Costco Sunday another of those will probably follow me home as usual...like to have stock of the go-tos. And for better or for worse good ol' MM so often just hits the spot...don't have to think about it much. Just sip and get lost in whatever record I'm listening to before bed... ;) 

So I've tried the regular EW in a little plastic container and thought to myself, "how good could this be?" Wow it actually rocked my socks haha. Should I just buy the EWSB? Why not, right? Is it thin at all?  That's what I would be afraid of.

12 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Pat

GTS 2.jpg

WTH, Batman!!!

Robin, here; just a stones throw away, about 12 hours. I can help you with that bunker beatdown not to mention the Evil Antlers!!!

Sock!!! Pow!!! Drinko!!!

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

WTH, Batman!!!

Robin, here; just a stones throw away, about 12 hours. I can help you with that bunker beatdown not to mention the Evil Antlers!!!

Sock!!! Pow!!! Drinko!!!

I will certainly keep your offer in mind. 😉

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

So I've tried the regular EW in a little plastic container and thought to myself, "how good could this be?" Wow it actually rocked my socks haha. Should I just buy the EWSB? Why not, right? Is it thin at all?  That's what I would be afraid of.

I don't think it's thin at all. Little more robust version of EWB, some variability from bottle to bottle but I always enjoy it...it's rare that I don't have a bottle on hand. Another affordable bottle based on this Heaven Hill rye-based bourbon mashbill is Fighting Cock, a 103 proof bottling that I've never been disappointed by. I get it for $15.99/750.

• I like it 1

We went out today just cause the weather was nice. A planned side stop netted me another MM 101. I'm with @dad-proof, @flahute, @Swamp55 and probably a few others in that I think the 101 is pretty darned good. As long as I can find it in stock at a decent price, I'm a buyer. 🤞

Biba! Joe 

PS. This timeI looked in the boxes just to be on the safe side. I checked the first box, and the bottle looked like it may have been dipped by my girl at MM. With the second box, there was no doubt.  This is better than getting a SAOS filled by Sarah! 😍

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

• I like it 5

Not seeing any more MM101 around here... :( Bought the last one Star Liquor had on NYE...Woodmans out too...I hope they put out some more at some point because that's some great stuff. I mean...I'll never turn down regular MM as it's comfort bourbon but that 101 is the best expression of theirs I've ever had. Freaking love it...

• I like it 2

I needed some Beam Bonded so I went to pick some up; when I got there, I found 3 MM101s and several BT on the shelf. Grabbed one of each, loaded the trunk, then walked back in and grabbed another MM101. I knew I'd drive away and regret not grabbing that 2nd bottle; I was nice enough to leave one for the next guy.

Bardstown Bourbon Company's Discovery Series #4.  This time a blend of 13, 15 and 16 year old Kentucky bourbons.  Just picked it up this morning so I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising.

7A542D66-1E35-4AFF-ABB6-CA2D6DBCA211_1_201_a.jpeg

2239A963-4499-4111-B706-BFD12A51F0C0_1_201_a.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Kyjd75 said:

Bardstown Bourbon Company's Discovery Series #4.  This time a blend of 13, 15 and 16 year old Kentucky bourbons.  Just picked it up this morning so I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising.

This is probably the bottle I want to find more than any other, right now. I can't wait to hear thoughts.

• I like it 1

I finally broke the streak bought some 2021 bourbon.  It started with actually seeing a JAM MHC in the wild, so that fella went home with me.  Then a local small business owner just moved to a new location so I swung by to make a "support" purchase.  He doesn't have a great selection and I'm getting pretty stingy with my whiskey dollars.  I ended up with a Widow Jane 10 year.  Not something I would normally be interested in but some of my neighbors like it so I pulled the trigger.  

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

My personal favorite of the series.  Enjoy!  Cheers.

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

My personal favorite of the series.  Enjoy!  Cheers.

It is really good - there is still plenty at the distillery for those close enough.

10 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

I’d love to see a bottle of this in MA. Ah well, a man can dream. 😏

1 hour ago, marshall9779 said:

Won through my county’s lottery.

B211FDE1-BC18-40BE-8957-ECD97B4212A4.jpeg

Look at that color!  That looks beautiful!

On 3/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, BigRich said:

I finally broke the streak bought some 2021 bourbon.  It started with actually seeing a JAM MHC in the wild, so that fella went home with me.  Then a local small business owner just moved to a new location so I swung by to make a "support" purchase.  He doesn't have a great selection and I'm getting pretty stingy with my whiskey dollars.  I ended up with a Widow Jane 10 year.  Not something I would normally be interested in but some of my neighbors like it so I pulled the trigger.  

What is JAM MHC?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.