What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, smokinjoe said:

BBC has the best restaurant in Bardstown, IMO.  👍🏻

I'll have to check it out. What do you normally get there?

17 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Agreed - paired with a barrel aged old fashioned - which they actually re-barrel in the rickhouse 

Ugh! I drank a beer!!

In my defense, we had already toured a few distilleries, and were headed to a couple more.  I wanted to remember the experience.😂

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The fried chicken is a religious experience....

Now you did it.  I thought that Kurtz had great fried chicken the last time I was in Bardstown.  I'm going to have make another trip to try this one, along with that old fashioned that was mentioned.  Such a hardship.

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I've never heard of the MHC, nor seen one, but now I'm curious to know what I'm missing.

Our resident world renowned whisky blender @WhiskeyBlender blends together well aged MGP stock and then sometimes finishes it in aramgnac, cognac, and/or sherry casks. It's yumo!

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Go big or go home.

I peeled off the pricetag just for @0895.

I hear ya Tim. I just bought a JTS Brown yesterday. Screw @0895. 🤣

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Go big or go home.

20210312_151927.jpg

I've never seen this guy. Am I missing out?

19 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I'll have to check it out. What do you normally get there?

The salmon is the best I have had any where, but the filet mignon is incredible.  Really, everything on the menu is good, really, really good.

Went to my new favorite LS today and this place is really big. Noticed they had nothing from Buffalo Trace. Talked to the manager that said this week is their  usual delivery week for the month and they didn’t get anything from BT and didn’t get anything last month either. Wasn’t sure (or just wouldn’t tell me) why. 

4 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Went to my new favorite LS today and this place is really big. Noticed they had nothing from Buffalo Trace. Talked to the manager that said this week is their  usual delivery week for the month and they didn’t get anything from BT and didn’t get anything last month either. Wasn’t sure (or just wouldn’t tell me) why. 

Sometimes “failure to launch” is a problem from the distributor side, and not the fault of the distillery. 🤔

Biba! Joe

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sometimes “failure to launch” is a problem from the distributor side, and not the fault of the distillery. 🤔

May I use that as an excuse the next time it's appropriate?????   🤣

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I hear ya Tim. I just bought a JTS Brown yesterday. Screw @0895. 🤣

Biba! Joe

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Go big or go home.

🙄🙄🙄

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

May I use that as an excuse the next time it's appropriate?????   🤣

By all means sir. 😁

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I've never seen this guy. Am I missing out?

Yes, it's a fantastic budget bottle. 

• I like it 1

3 days. 5 distilleries plus the EW gift shop. 7 barrels picked. I was the group mule so this is the total haul over 4 of us.  Of the HH rarities only the OF16 is mine. Amazing trip, but exhausting. On a little whiskey hiatus for now. . . 

503DDE45-F5CC-4D22-A003-0B0F58F77E89.jpeg

• I like it 18

5 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

3 days. 5 distilleries plus the EW gift shop. 7 barrels picked. I was the group mule so this is the total haul over 4 of us.  Of the HH rarities only the OF16 is mine. Amazing trip, but exhausting. On a little whiskey hiatus for now. . . 

.....and managed to mule a bottle of Mellow Corn! Well done!

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Nice haul, and hope your friends appreciate you muling their bottles back!  How much are the EW 12 year going for nowadays at the gift shop?

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

What are the EWSB with pink tops.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Elijah Craig grenades - NICE!   🥰

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, parksmart said:

Nice haul, and hope your friends appreciate you muling their bottles back!  How much are the EW 12 year going for nowadays at the gift shop?

I think those are $130? It’s been a little while since I’ve been there though

21 hours ago, PaulO said:

What are the EWSB with pink tops.

I believe they are this year’s derby bottle with a Pegasus pin

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.