What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Today is Bottled in Bond day?!?!  I must join in on this!  😁

Pull up a seat, Joe. 

Having a Great SB.com pour, and watching “The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”. Is there a better theme song to a movie ever, or a more recognizable one. 
3242C6A2-61F7-4823-B33D-A87E4B184188.thumb.jpeg.485315d43df4b0c3a94c98cec491cdc2.jpeg

• I like it 8

35 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Pull up a seat, Joe. 

I done did!  😁

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Word is today is Bottled in Bond day.

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Today is Bottled in Bond day?!?!  I must join in on this!  😁

Wait, today is Bottled in Bond day?

Just enough time to squeeze in a BiB tonight before bed!

20210303_225320.jpg

• I like it 11

46 minutes ago, Kepler said:

20210303_225320.jpg

I've been looking for this 17 for some time.  Really want it.  WT ages well.  I've lots of aged WT in the larder and love each and every one.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

I've been looking for this 17 for some time.  Really want it.  WT ages well.  I've lots of aged WT in the larder and love each and every one.

It's a winner.  I was surprised that I was only able to find a single bottle, despite seeking out more.  On the other hand I'm not out beating the bushes for bourbon at all the shops anymore. Just generally sticking to my regular stores these days.

This one is unique amongst Wild Turkey. It has a distinct cherry note, which is cherry pie on a good day, but sometimes cherry cough syrup on a bad day.  Tonight, after 2 pours of WTMK Decades right before, this one almost tastes like a finished bourbon because that note is so obvious.  Next time I pour this BiB17 I'll have to do a SBS with the WTMK Revival.

• I like it 2

On 3/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, HoustonNit said:

I finally found a botttle of the RB rye.  $58+ tax was more than I wanted to spend, feel like this should be a $40ish bottle.  That being said very happy with the choice.  I’m a Turkey rye whore and the barrel strength really brings out a lot of rye spice especially for a barely legal rye.  Will be on the lookout for backups.  I enjoyed this much more than the RB bourbon and possibly more than RR SiB rye, not the case with the bourbon.

6409BC47-0464-4BAC-ADC2-0D586AEF274A.jpeg

I'm a Turkey whore too and I can't believe that I haven't tried this yet.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, HoustonNit said:

I finally found a botttle of the RB rye.  $58+ tax was more than I wanted to spend, feel like this should be a $40ish bottle.  That being said very happy with the choice.  I’m a Turkey rye whore and the barrel strength really brings out a lot of rye spice especially for a barely legal rye.  Will be on the lookout for backups.  I enjoyed this much more than the RB bourbon and possibly more than RR SiB rye, not the case with the bourbon.

6409BC47-0464-4BAC-ADC2-0D586AEF274A.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm a Turkey whore too and I can't believe that I haven't tried this yet.

It’s really good whiskey.  You have to get yourself a bottle.  Though, they can be tough to find at times.  

• I like it 2

Got this a couple of months ago but haven’t had more than one small taste until today.  I missed out on RC6 so I don’t have much to compare it to in regards to other special makers.  I do really like this batch though. 

5871A26C-AEB9-4A23-8C54-CA81B620134D.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

It’s really good whiskey.  You have to get yourself a bottle.  Though, they can be tough to find at times.  

It's the bourbon I'd most like to try.  But I've never seen it, not even once.   

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

😉

Finishing off a bottle of OGD 114, then on to Lawrenceberg!

• I like it 1

Yesterday was CEHT Single Barrel in honor of BIB day.

Tonight I decided "initially" to stick with the BIB's J.T.S. Brown BIB and now some J.W. Dant BIB.  I'll have to head over to the bar and see what else I have that is labeled with initials.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

I haven’t really been searching for anything in over a year.  Didn’t realize they where that hard to find.  TW usually puts the allocated or somewhat hard to find stuff at customer service.  This one was on the shelf but there was only one.

23 hours ago, Kepler said:

20210303_225320.jpg

I like that glass!

A lot.

• I like it 1

Having some upside down Blantons.....it’s so much better then the regular Blanton’s.  those of you that read all the post on this site will understand what I’m saying. I’m just being a little bit of an ass....:)

0A264612-8AB8-46A4-9874-D16EC598DA42.jpeg

• I like it 14

On 3/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, Kepler said:

This one is unique amongst Wild Turkey. It has a distinct cherry note, which is cherry pie on a good day, but sometimes cherry cough syrup on a bad day.  Tonight, after 2 pours of WTMK Decades right before, this one almost tastes like a finished bourbon because that note is so obvious.  Next time I pour this BiB17 I'll have to do a SBS with the WTMK Revival.

Great description. That is exactly what I got out of it, and loved about it. That cherry.

I tried to get more of these but in the end I think I only got one. Once they went decades I lost interest, for the price.

• I like it 1

Mmmmm, this is really good.  Neat.  First time trying this or any WT product. 
94CE2E16-58DB-46FF-AC64-79B66150AABE.thumb.jpeg.18e21a64c27b4114659904a0bfa46da5.jpeg

• I like it 1

I'm drinking what may be the worst Stagg Jr release, ever #2.

It's a hot mess. I don't even know if I can muscle through it.

I need a bottle of Eagle Rare to blend it with.

20210305_174749.jpg

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm drinking what may be the worst Stagg Jr release, ever #2.

It's a hot mess. I don't even know if I can muscle through it.

I need a bottle of Eagle Rare to blend it with.

20210305_174749.jpg

Standard BT works well. If BT is hard to find in your area get some Old Charter 8. This was the first bourbon I used to blend with bad batches of Stagg Jr many years ago and it worked great.

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, flahute said:

Standard BT works well. If BT is hard to find in your area get some Old Charter 8. This was the first bourbon I used to blend with bad batches of Stagg Jr many years ago and it worked great.

THX for the suggestion.  I have one JTS JR that's so so that's just been sitting on the shelf.   OC8 is readily available, and I have several basic BTs bunkered.

If I remember what I'm doing, I'll report on the results.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

Mmmmm, this is really good.  Neat.  First time trying this or any WT product. 
94CE2E16-58DB-46FF-AC64-79B66150AABE.thumb.jpeg.18e21a64c27b4114659904a0bfa46da5.jpeg

Welcome to the Turkey cult.  About time you got on board.

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Welcome to the Turkey cult.  About time you got on board.

Lawrenceburg man.

• I like it 2

On 3/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, Jazzhead said:

I’ve never seen it either. And when I do I’m sure it’s going to be a tough decision. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.