What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice medicine for a crappy week!  I really enjoyed the bottle I picked up in the Fall.  My personal “2020 Whiskey of the Year”.  

I might agree with you there. Although I didn’t get this until ‘21 it was bottled almost a year ago.

OK.  Going to do something a little different.  Whatever bourbon the next poster mentions, if I have it on the bar, is what I'm going to drink.  What say you SBer's.

• I like it 2

RR SiB it is.  Good choice.

Saved me having to stand there and try to decide which of the 70 or so bottles I have open to have a pour from.  Thanks Kjbarth.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 4

It’s better Kjbarth posted before I did. I’m having a couple pours of my HH BIB Blend this evening. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

RR SiB it is.  Good choice.

Saved me having to stand there and try to decide which of the 70 or so bottles I have open to have a pour from.  Thanks Kjbarth.

I love this idea.  Just wish I had 70 open bottles to choose from.  Hell, I don't have 70 bottles in the bunker.  Enjoy the RR SIB.

Some Abraham Bowman wheated bourbon that they released back in 2016. Just lovely.

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

I love this idea.  Just wish I had 70 open bottles to choose from.  Hell, I don't have 70 bottles in the bunker.  Enjoy the RR SIB.

20 can be a hard choice at times; 70 would probably make me choose a beer or tequila shots... 🤪

Lite day at work today had me pouring by 2:45.

Started back in 1920. Good but not my craving...

Back to my old faithful KC Blend. Better but not on point...

Went to my decanter. WTH, this is what I wanted???

A Bulleit 10 year!!! Whuda thunk it!!!

Going to sit in my gazebo with a cigar & pour on a 75 degree afternoon...

Have a great weekend, all...

• I like it 2

I had an extremely long, hard week at work. Today was a sheer a** kicker. I picked one order today (truck parts) that was 160 lines. I filled six 48 x 40  buckboards (boxed skids), and the total weight was 2,310 lbs. My next order was slightly better. I'm beat. 😓  BT in the glass right now as a primer. However, it might be a Weller ladder night. 😦

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Some “Poor Man’s Pappy” that has been blending for about 90 days.

• I like it 1

Having a good sized pour of OGD BIB.  While I prefer the 114, the BIB never disappoints.  

Enjoying a great fire this afternoon and some pretty damn good whaler 12 year. 
B39E75D2-D90C-475D-B52E-847D0A772C60.thumb.jpeg.befffcecf4390c311bb7c680be1d614d.jpeg

• I like it 3

FEW bourbon proved a good sip while watching the Sixers take on the Wizards  in the first half.     It's time to refresh things -  second half goes to Outryder.    

31 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Enjoying a great fire this afternoon and some pretty damn good whaler 12 year. 
B39E75D2-D90C-475D-B52E-847D0A772C60.thumb.jpeg.befffcecf4390c311bb7c680be1d614d.jpeg

I forgot my new puppy out here with me also. 
F46CCC69-AB38-4204-9267-3C67446127E8.thumb.jpeg.58a5c505ffae3c595f0d4bb494b6007c.jpeg

• I like it 10

HMcK BIB after some homemade pepperoni bread for dinner. 

Edited by Kjbarth

Had a tasty hazy IPA with dinner, then did movie night with my kids. Introduced them to Hook with Robin Williams for the first time. About the time he met the lost boys I poured WT101 over a ~2”x2” clear cube and sipped that for most of the rest of the movie. Damn good. This is the first bottle of WT101 I’ve had since August (I remember because I brought the last one on road trip vacation with me). I’m starting to think I should just keep it stocked as my primary sipper henceforth. Perfect with the ice.

I am now night capping with a measured single of ORVW10. Completely different from the WT101, and frankly much more complex, but also hitting the spot tonight. The Turkey is great for what it is, but this just has so much more dimension to it. Nevertheless, I have nights where the ORVW is just not agreeing with my palate. I don’t think the same can be said of WT101 over a cube.

Good to have both I guess! Happy Friday!

Edited by BigSkyDrams
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I forgot my new puppy out here with me also. 
F46CCC69-AB38-4204-9267-3C67446127E8.thumb.jpeg.58a5c505ffae3c595f0d4bb494b6007c.jpeg

Look'n Ducky 😉

• I like it 2

I'm normally not a rye guy but a few times this past week it hit the spot so I wondered if the trend would continue last night and it did not.

I poured some Wilderness Trail rye from a barrel pick I did a few years back and it wasn't connecting with me the way it had earlier in the week so I pivoted and decided to go big with some ECBP followed by the King (GTS). Both were heavy pours. For some reason I got really tired and had to go to bed early last night😬

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Both were heavy pours. For some reason I got really tired and had to go to bed early last night

Heavy pours will do that to you... 😄

Old Forester 1920.  One of my favorites in the past, but hadn't had a bottle in awhile.  We visited Impellizeri's in downtown Elizabethtown last week and I enjoyed a pour there.  It was good enough to motivate me to buy a bottle of 1920, which I did.  Tonight I am enjoying a pour and it continues to be one of my favorite bourbons.

• I like it 2

Copying the OF1920. 2nd pour while grilling 7.5lb tenderloin low and slow on Weber kettle 22 w/SnS.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Heavy pours will do that to you... 😄

Every time. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.