What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ahhh, screw the snow. 🥶 Finished some paper work, got cleaned up, then grabbed a water and pour of OFSB. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ahhh, screw the snow. 🥶 Finished some paper work, got cleaned up, then grabbed a water and pour of OFSB. 😋

Biba! Joe

Okay then, don't shovel and pour.

The Sixers were firing on all cylinders this evening,  against a depleted Miami team.  I'm so glad Brooklyn mortgaged its future and we kept Ben Simmons, who had a triple double.   Third fastest in NBA history to 30 triple doubles, they say.   Who was faster?  Oscar Robinson and Magic Johnson.    Yeah, Ben!

Enjoying all this with an in-it's-prime (well aired) Little Book Chapter 4.    

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

Had the young(er) son of an old friend over for some whiskey tasting yesterday afternoon as part of The Bunker inventory and re-organization effort (gotta' find SOMETHING to do with my time!).  Maintaining social distancing, we had samples of:

Glendronach 1993 Abbey Whiskey Cask #652 24yr 60.6% (wicked dark, smooth and tasty with red cherry fruit on the finish)

2017 EC18 Barrel #4342 (smooth, very tasty and not over-oaked; long, caramel intense finish) 

2016-7 (?) David Nickelson 1843 Wheated Bourbon 100pf (delicious, delicious, delicious, thanks HarryinWashDC)  

ECBP B520 (OMG, gotta' find more of this!)

Had some cheddar cheese with crackers, Hawaiian Kalua pork with sweet rolls and fresh pineapple to help dissipate alcohol consumption.  A great way to spend a late afternoon/early evening catching up on his Mom & Dad.  SWMBO was content in the bedroom finishing off a dram or two of The Balvenie 21 Portwood to empty the bottle (helping the Bunker inventory effort) before dinner.   😅 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

13 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

The Sixers were firing on all cylinders this evening,  against a depleted Miami team.  I'm so glad Brooklyn mortgaged its future and we kept Ben Simmons, who had a triple double.   Third fastest in NBA history to 30 triple doubles, they say.   Who was faster?  Oscar Robinson and Magic Johnson.    Yeah, Ben!

Embiid should be in MVP running for years to come if he stays healthy. Such a fun player. I like Simmons’ game too.

TGIF! Long, long week. First pour of the weekend is ER. 😋

Biba! 

• I like it 4

getting set up to do a virtual tasting with a few friends on zoom.

Tonight is Woodford batch proof 123.6 from 2019 and some store picks of Woodford double oaked

looking forward to trying the batch proof. A friend mailed samples to the group.

7 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Nothing to say here except happy Friday Y’all!

9963EF58-75E7-44B7-90A8-4E69EBFCBF90.jpeg

Where was that 11 year distilled?

Second pour.  4R SmBS.  Man this is really enjoyable.  Think I will stick around and explore the rose garden tonight. . . 

• I like it 3

Started off with a pour of a favorite blend I call Beam Creek, very nice; followed it up with a little KC, which is bigger & bolder. Getting together with friends tonight, so no more bourbon, maybe some wine.

Pour three was an OESQ that I did not love initially, but whoa has it opened up nicely! The OBSK is a sister barrel of a pick I participated in and is one of my favorite recipes

1B3EB38A-7D9C-4AB9-A4D7-F24E4FEF0397.jpeg

• I like it 4

Worked very late last night, so celebrating the Boilers beating the Hoosiers tonight with some pipe tobacco and a pour of Sazerac Rye.  

Father-in-law visiting to see his grandkids for the first time in quite awhile, and it was his birthday earlier this week, so I cooked a Santa Maria style tri-tip, and we broke out the ORVW for a couple healthy pours, then finished off my 2019 MWND. Pretty solid night!

• I like it 5

Last night, I had a (as in 1) dram of 2017 Blanton's SFTB 127.6pf from Barrel No. 886 in Warehouse "H" (of course) on Rick No. 14 with a 2" thick piece of Prime rib, baked potato and sauteed (w/ fresh garlic and olive oil) spinach and mushrooms.  Yummo!  🥰

Then joined SWMBO  to finish off a bottle of 2013 Vieux Telegraphe Chateauneuf-du-Pape.  Needless to say, I slept like a baby and snored like a dragon!   Ain't life grand?!?   🥳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

On 1/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, Jazzhead said:

Hey there,

I don't follow the NBA much outside of the Pacers, but I do see Dakota Mathias is getting a little playing time with the Sixers depleted.  Any chance he'll stick around when the team gets healthy?

12 hours ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Worked very late last night, so celebrating the Boilers beating the Hoosiers tonight with some pipe tobacco and a pour of Sazerac Rye.  

🤬🙄🤐😬😡

Biba!  “Hoosier”Joe 😉

Enjoying some ER SP while watching UFC. Planning on some high proof rye after this pour is done. 

• I like it 1

KC 12, maiden voyage...

More oak on the backend than any KC I've had to date w/ lots of caramel/apple and some vanilla; very ethanol heavy nose. 

I think the air will make it better and it's pretty good to start...

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.