What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/21/2021 at 9:44 PM, Sgtspitter101 said:

Having some HM10 tonight. The bottle is on its last legs. 

Had the same last night. Really disappointed that it got so much hype a few years back and became scarce, because I really like it... but I guess that just means the hype is justified.

• I like it 2

I’ve been working on projects, and now I’m warming up with some 2013 WLW. Delicious 

• I like it 5

Starting off with some EC SmB tonight after a day of chores; really hitting the spot, haven't had it in a while. I think I'll follow it up with some short(ish) pours of KC and MM101 if I don't just go back for 2nds.

Made my own Wild Turkey Forgiven tonight.  3 parts 101, 1 part Rye.  Decent pour, and a lot cheaper than WT's offering.  

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

By far the best EC that has hit my lips!

4AA4FAF7-5991-4E94-8E56-4668571BC813.jpeg

7CD74399-E3B6-4B48-982E-493295DBCCEB.jpeg

Told ya so. 😉

But seriously, glad you liked it. 

Biba! Joe

Continuing to break in my new Old Fo rocks glass with a stellar pour of the Old Fo BP I picked with my local.

To avoid having to make hard decisions I decided to have seconds of the EC AND the KC and MM101 tonight...someone's gotta make the tough calls.

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Told ya so. 😉

But seriously, glad you liked it. 

Biba! Joe

Great choice

94D2FB81-F7E2-4394-8EF5-68EB164C94FD.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:39 PM, PaulO said:

I'm having some KC 9 year 100 proof.  It's good, but to me, whenever I get the 120 proof single barrel and dilute it around this proof - always seems better.

Here's another thing about the KC 100.  It has this tack room saddle leather/cedar cigar box aroma.  It takes me the first couple sips to get into it.  Then, I get used to it, and like it.

But seriously, 9 years and 100 proof, that has to be somewhere in the regular rotation.

Plus at $25ish (in my market anyway) it is almost impossible to match.  Only WT101 can compete in the $20 to $25 range IMO. 

I could happily live out my days with only KC100 and WT101 in my liquor cabinet.  KC gives me the brown sugar + oak goodness and WT101 gives me the vanilla + caramel + spicy bite -- between them they cover everything I ever really look for in a good bourbon.

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Plus at $25ish (in my market anyway) it is almost impossible to match.  Only WT101 can compete in the $20 to $25 range IMO. 

I could happily live out my days with only KC100 and WT101 in my liquor cabinet.  KC gives me the brown sugar + oak goodness and WT101 gives me the vanilla + caramel + spicy bite -- between them they cover everything I ever really look for in a good bourbon.

Good call. I think I will add MMCS to your KC100 & WT101. To get a little wheat in my diet. 

;-))

• I like it 3

Just now, Wedelstaedt said:

Good call. I think I will add MMCS to your KC100 & WT101. To get a little wheat in my diet. 

True;  one must have a balanced diet after all.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, marshall9779 said:

Haven’t posted in a while. Was getting tired of it but here’s some of what I’ve been enjoying lately.

The unlabeled MMCS bottle is my double oaked Dant.

Don't be a stranger.  Nice selections!

20 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Up the 4R proof ladder with the wife while finishing the Mandalorian. The 2020 LE was just  absolute 🔥. What a great whiskey!

E5AB0501-88E0-4549-9D6F-70AC603927D8.jpeg

F6F50A7A-1E71-4211-BAA2-514E4C6F1261.jpeg

Nice ladder choice

I bought and drank the new corked Weller Antique yesterday.  First time I’ve seen one in probably two years which is crazy as these use to be found quite regularly on the shelf a couple years before that in Houston.

Not sure the fancy cork justifies $56 when this use to go for around $25.  It was good though.

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

That didn't take long.  Well done.

I have a back up. It was so sweet. The heat came through at the end so a drop of make it pure perfection 

• I like it 1

Unscrewed a new bottle of VOB today.  As I mentioned in the "purchase" thread, I bought it for $16 realizing how often I spent 4x that for something I didn't enjoy half as much.  

• I like it 2

On 1/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, Not_That_Fancy said:

By far the best EC that has hit my lips!

4AA4FAF7-5991-4E94-8E56-4668571BC813.jpeg

7CD74399-E3B6-4B48-982E-493295DBCCEB.jpeg

I need to run over to bardstown and pick up a grenade.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.