What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, Jazzhead said:

Last week,  Matthias hit a key three-pointer late in a game that went we pulled out in overtime.    I think he'll stay on the roster;  our bench depth will be crucial as the team is forced to adapt to Covid protocols. 

Welp, looks like he got released.  Hopefully he'll make it back.  He was a fun player to watch in college.  

Currently taking a 48 hr break but tonight i plan to have a couple glasses of one of my better bottles.

• I like it 1

Had a pour of stagg jr. Batch 14. It will be on the empty thread soon. Working on a bottle of old fitz at the moment, not a bad pour for 11.99.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Had a pour of stagg jr. Batch 14. It will be on the empty thread soon. Working on a bottle of old fitz at the moment, not a bad pour for 11.99.

Is that 80 proof Old Fitz?

The no age statement bonded used to be a go to for me, before it got discontinued.

• I like it 1

Tonight I'm relaxing to some bebop (Barney Wilen) with a wonderful Kentucky Spirit with its oak and vanilla in perfect harmony.    Spectacular stuff, Mr. Russell!  

• I like it 3

Bologna & Cheese!!!

This must truly be the bologna & cheese of bourbon. It's not too exciting; it's not too complex; but sometimes I just crave it!!!

Bulleit 10yr...

Hold the mayo !!!

Picked up an 11 year old KCSiB and did a side by side with the KC 12yr. I have to say, the higher proof SiB > 12 yr. 

• I like it 1

Our 33 yr old furnace is in the process of crapping out on us. Bailing wire and duct tape have it working part of the time (at worst the house gets to about 62⁰). Thankfully little Whammie has a cool to the touch space heater with a thermostat, so his room is always a nice 70⁰. The HVAC folks are coming at 8am to install the new system. 

This nice pour of ECBP will help keep me warm during the night.

P.S. we realize 33 years old makes our furnace a relic. It's had a helluva run. 

20210121_213757.jpg

• I like it 4

15 hours ago, PaulO said:

Is that 80 proof Old Fitz?

The no age statement bonded used to be a go to for me, before it got discontinued.

Yeah, no doubt i will be getting another.

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

MM 46 tonight. 🙂

Biba! Joe

That is a very good bourbon that you go and pick up any day of the week and not be offended.

I had not had any HH product for a while, so decided to pull JTS Brown out of the bunker.  It's a long time favorite.

• I like it 1

Haven’t posted in a while. Was getting tired of it but here’s some of what I’ve been enjoying lately.

The unlabeled MMCS bottle is my double oaked Dant.

5DCAF402-872E-47B0-AC1C-E8D4A4547736.jpeg

ACA57327-A6B8-462D-BD60-8ADA2B144FD5.jpeg

DC4F2F9C-EB78-4538-87F0-26B585226B07.jpeg

C85CC191-5A74-4341-A387-EA8C1899E4AE.jpeg

B89B9759-B7E3-4CEF-B4BA-36EDAC584977.jpeg

• I like it 4

Opened the new MM101 hoping to take the place of the Weller 107 that is so elusive down here.

While a decent pour, I am a bit disappointed at the lack of complexity that I was hoping for. It does carry the MM high vanilla notes that should make it a great whiskey sour base...

Next pour - OF 1920.

Cheers...

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 2

I'm having some KC 9 year 100 proof.  It's good, but to me, whenever I get the 120 proof single barrel and dilute it around this proof - always seems better.

Here's another thing about the KC 100.  It has this tack room saddle leather/cedar cigar box aroma.  It takes me the first couple sips to get into it.  Then, I get used to it, and like it.

But seriously, 9 years and 100 proof, that has to be somewhere in the regular rotation.

• I like it 3

UPS dropped off some sweet Old Forester rocks glasses today so I'm breaking them in with some Old Fo 150th batch 1. SO GOOD.

• I like it 3

Up the 4R proof ladder with the wife while finishing the Mandalorian. The 2020 LE was just  absolute 🔥. What a great whiskey!

E5AB0501-88E0-4549-9D6F-70AC603927D8.jpeg

F6F50A7A-1E71-4211-BAA2-514E4C6F1261.jpeg

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, flahute said:

UPS dropped off some sweet Old Forester rocks glasses today so I'm breaking them in with some Old Fo 150th batch 1. SO GOOD.

Show us these new glasses!

• I like it 2

22 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Show us these new glasses!

Every time I go back to the OF150 (numbers 1 and 3) I like them more and more.

• I like it 1

Last night's pours came from this bottle. A few drops of water got it to its sweet spot for me. 

20210122_215753.jpg

• I like it 3

Had some ECBP B519 and some Stagg Jr. Batch 14 last night.  

ECBP is one of my faves, but I am trying to finish off the B519 because it is my least favorite batch in the last 3-4 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.