What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I didn't ask if it was my bottle or her bottle. 🤪 (see the "purchase" thread)

image.gif.5d618a2c8bb621bf52d6bcf64c4b8436.gif

• I like it 1

Score and pour.  As for the first tasting, it's just a first tasting mind you.  But all I can say is Yes.  YES fellow Turkeyheads.  The rest of you, nothing to see here, just move along please.  The nose is freaking amazing. And so is everything else, but that nose just jumps out at you from the very beginning.  I'm predicting it's going to be very rewarding trip exploring this one.

20210613_203706.jpg

• I like it 18

Had to give it a try, for a good summer sip.  Reminds me of my numerous hikes amongst the Redwoods @ the Redwood NP & Sequoia NP…

9AE03E0F-C6F0-42F4-90FF-D0A68C7486E8.jpeg

• I like it 1

Picked up and opened a MMCS 20-05 today. Needs some air time, I believe; first impressions not as good as the 20-03 I just finished, but to be fair, that one got better with time. Compared it to a MM101 I opened last week, and the 101 wiped the floor with it.

See @Keplerabove. I agree with his assessment. The nose is amazing and was out of a plastic cup at the store. I’m just enjoying this first pour, and thinking the last WT I liked this much right away was WBSaffel.  Will have to revisit with that one at some point.

E5B69E7F-F5AB-4A1B-9EA5-44BAB92CB002.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 4

47 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

See @Keplerabove. I agree with his assessment. The nose is amazing and was out of a plastic cup at the store. I’m just enjoying this first pour, and thinking the last WT I liked this much right away was WBSaffel.  Will have to revisit with that one at some point.

E5B69E7F-F5AB-4A1B-9EA5-44BAB92CB002.jpeg

Nice, well done BL.  Also smart move you made at the store. 

Enjoy!

4RYL handle to replace my drained JBWL handle as my cocktail bourbon .

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

4RYL handle to replace my drained JBWL handle as my cocktail bourbon .

Drinking one from the freezer right now. Chilling after having the whole clan over for sushi/sashimi, junmai daigingo sake/beer and rose/chardonnay wine, Chinese BBQ chicken and chocolate birthday cake. SWMBO's birthday but it's suddenly very quiet. All the grandkids are gone.  

Grammy's Birthday.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

9 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Drinking one from the freezer right now. Chilling after having the whole clan over for sushi/sashimi, junmai daigingo sake/beer and rose/chardonnay wine, Chinese BBQ chicken and chocolate birthday cake. SWMBO's birthday but it's suddenly very quiet. All the grandkids are gone.  

Hope the weather cooperated for you.  Just a couple hundred miles SW of you it’s been 90+ and high humidity and like Miami or Jamaica, we got tropical downpours for about 10 min about every hour from 1pm til now and the sun out and blue skies the rest. My wife and kids got chased inside out of the pool a couple times.

Cracked this open last week for the Virtual Blind Tasting and I'm glad I did.  Very tasty bourbon.  

20210624_203619.jpg

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Cracked this open last week for the Virtual Blind Tasting and I'm glad I did.  Very tasty bourbon.  

20210624_203619.jpg

How apropos!  Not a bad price!

• I like it 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, GeeTen said:

Grammy's Birthday.jpg

Very nice!  But, now that it got quiet that the grandkids are gone, I don’t want to hear any details of what was next after you put Barry White on the phonograph...  😉 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

How apropos!  Not a bad price!

Yessir!!  Unfortunately I couldn't purchase this particular expression today at that price.  I got this bottle from a close family member back in 2017 before the Barton 1792 brand got on the tater approved list.

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Very nice!  But, now that it got quiet that the grandkids are gone, I don’t want to hear any details of what was next after you put Barry White on the phonograph...  😉 

What, are you kidding?  At my age, I can't remember what to do anymore - let alone be able to do.  Kinda' like a dog chasing a car - "what do I do if I catch it"?  🤣

• I like it 3

Had a neighbor that just finished his last cancer treatment with Keytruda.  Figured this would be a great time to open up one of my favorite bottles.  2011 20 year old PVW:}IMG_0317.jpg.a2ab8b89d9da4a6f9ddfd39ba35804e0.jpg

• I like it 20

2 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

To replace my drained JB “cocktail bourbon”, I got some 4RYL

D0BF8341-3ADA-4C16-A32F-E63982767AEC.thumb.jpeg.e2a658245284de1568ed542dc7f61540.jpeg

I would say that you upgraded substantially.  :)

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I would say that you upgraded substantially.  :)

I agree!

Cracked open this Wyoming Whiskey pick from The Liquor Store of Jackson Hole.  Picked this one up two or so years ago.  I have had a few of these that are quite good. 61907609-FAD3-4D11-93E9-06661CEFFF81.thumb.JPG.1bb51fa4b6ccc5f7338929fb8dce53de.JPG

Edited by JT3NSB
  • I like it 3

On 6/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, VWIndy said:

Had a neighbor that just finished his last cancer treatment with Keytruda.  Figured this would be a great time to open up one of my favorite bottles.  2011 20 year old PVW:}IMG_0317.jpg.a2ab8b89d9da4a6f9ddfd39ba35804e0.jpg

Very well done, sir.  My next door neighbor's wife is in a fight with pancreatic cancer and I know the importance of supporting someone willing to put up the good fight.

Opened a "Pandemic Batch 1" ECBP tonight. This one is mighty tasty and drinks (dangerously) below it's 136.6 proof.

20210703_203701.jpg

• I like it 4

A couple years ago I got a call from Vosgar about some BTAC that was behind the counter of a local bottle shop. @fishnbowljoe (a.k.a. Uncle Joe) got the same call. Thanks to Gary, I was able to purchase my first bottle of GTS. 👍

Since we had family over this weekend and we lost Vosgar at this time last year and Stagg was one of his favorites... it seemed appropriate to open the bottle and have a pour in his honor.

So, thank you @fishnbowljoe for sharing a glass and thank you Gary for the heads up on an amazing pour! Happy Fouth to all. Murica!

🇺🇸20210705_201123.thumb.jpg.781a03d6c0ecaab668c59cb05ac6b9f4.jpg

20210705_205020.jpg

• I like it 12

Hard post to follow. Doing the MM PS process was one of the more unique and enjoyable barrel picks I’ve ever done. Gorgeous campus as well. Really enjoying this cherry bomb. 

71295E0C-5EB9-4F05-9A6C-5B60C80B2296.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 7/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, Galvin0791 said:

A couple years ago I got a call from Vosgar about some BTAC that was behind the counter of a local bottle shop. @fishnbowljoe (a.k.a. Uncle Joe) got the same call. Thanks to Gary, I was able to purchase my first bottle of GTS. 👍

Since we had family over this weekend and we lost Vosgar at this time last year and Stagg was one of his favorites... it seemed appropriate to open the bottle and have a pour in his honor.

So, thank you @fishnbowljoe for sharing a glass and thank you Gary for the heads up on an amazing pour! Happy Fouth to all. Murica!

🇺🇸20210705_201123.thumb.jpg.781a03d6c0ecaab668c59cb05ac6b9f4.jpg

20210705_205020.jpg

This, Folks is how it's done. 

Cheers to Galvin, Joe and to the memories  of Vosgar. 

• I like it 3

I just opened an OF barrel pick. Tasty sip and it reminds me how strong of a run the OF lineup has been on. Plenty of us like 1920 and Statesman, the rye is really solid for a good price, the barrel strength picks have Berlage well received, still plenty of fans of the OF100, and the 150th releases were badass. 

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.