What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

I thought this was so good I had to find my phone to take a picture of it just to post it. Very much so am I enjoying this.

65739BF4-AB35-4583-AD06-C4770C5EEEA6.jpeg

I haven't tried 27 but I can vouch for the previous two batches.  They're dialed in lately for sure.

33 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I haven't tried 27 but I can vouch for the previous two batches.  They're dialed in lately for sure.

I'm jealous you could find a 26 or 25... I felt like i was "settling" with this but I was wrong.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

I'm jealous you could find a 26 or 25... I felt like i was "settling" with this but I was wrong.

I'm an unabashed Barrell fan.  It's my main overpriced tater "guilty pleasure" bottle that I regularly pick up. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm an unabashed Barrell fan.  It's my main overpriced tater "guilty pleasure" bottle that I regularly pick up. 

I respect a man who owns his vices.

• I like it 3

After waking this AM to a panicky group of customers, (thanx MS:  a-holes) updates shut down a particular software EMR.

Rising to the occasion (hysteria), the day's success couldn't finish quickly enough.

At 2day's end,  some big guns were brought forth to counter the nerves...

Starting left...

20210414_145012.thumb.jpg.46132d9384f73d35752437b38732d1c4.jpg

• I like it 7

I started off with a pour that just didn’t trip my trigger. 🙁 Sadly, down the drain it went. To see if it was me or my taste buds being off, I now have Weller SR in my glass. Ahhhhhh...... All good now! 😋 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Some Stagg jr b15 with it’s big brother waiting in the wings.

• I like it 1

Some 4R SmB. Haven't had a bottle of this open in a few years, forgot how solid it is. Really enjoying it while watching the Mets play the Phillies tonight.

• I like it 2

On 4/13/2021 at 7:13 PM, smokinjoe said:

OF Statesman with a cube out back on a nice warm evening.  This is just such a fine whiskey.  I find it is great neat, great with water, great with a cube, and great with a handful of ice.  For sub 100 proof, it digs in and stays together regardless of what I do to it.  

One of our rare points of wholehearted agreement.  The first bottle of this I bought on a lark because I thought the movie was fun.  I haven't looked back.  This is the absolute best thing from OF to me.  I really hope they don't stop making it.

• I like it 2

Finishing off a bottle of MM101 to clear my mind for 9 games of college showcase soccer over the next two days.  

Now that MM101 and the old bottles of MMCS have been cleared off the shelves, I have noticed the price of MMCS has jumped from $34.99 to $40.99 with the most recent shipment.  I don't believe $40.99 is overpriced but it would have been nice to not be so obvious with the price increase.  Of course, if it is similar to my work, raw material prices have jumped as the economy continues to recover.

Edited by mbroo5880i

The wife and I went out to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our first date.  Great dinner and I had  a couple WSR blueberry smashes.  I’m gonna have to work on this recipe for poolside this summer.  Very tasty.

• I like it 3

I got an Early Times B.I.B. out of the bunker.  I'm celebrating Pfizer dose #2.  Yay, I'm vaccinated.  Hospital even gave me a button.

First nose of ET reminded me of molasses cookie.

• I like it 7

we old guys have it over younger folks as we can enjoy the same movie over and over because we don't remember ever watching it before.

I used to be fanatic ER10 fan but it gravitated to background.  I just killed a OF 1920 and Russel's Single Barrel.  An ER 10 sitting next to empty bottles, and yea, it's great.  It seems overly sweet tonight, one dimensional but great aftertaste.  Yea, I prefer the more complex Russel's, but ER10 at half the price...

Tonight this ER10 really hittin' it, which reinforces the day to day differences in taste.  For NOOB's, if you don't like it today, you might love it tomorrow.

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, markandrex said:

The wife and I went out to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our first date.  Great dinner and I had  a couple WSR blueberry smashes.  I’m gonna have to work on this recipe for poolside this summer.  Very tasty.

When you lock it down, please share the recipe.  That sounds delightful!

It’s not uncomfortable out, but figuring my outside fire opportunities are running out, so a Wild Turkey and an H. Upmann Jose Martinez.  Braves have already played, but found UGA Dawgs on the radio. Any baseball will do for me!!  

82CCB810-DA62-4F96-A7C9-515240D3889A.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 3

Little blind SBS of what I thought were both 10ish Year BiB. Halfway through I realized I left out the Small Batch and not the Single Barrel. Didn’t matter. Gold went for Gold and the EHTSmB won handily today.

9182E91E-40A0-49B1-BD96-A7AD574BC74F.jpeg

• I like it 3

Having dispensed with the last of the EC12, I'm moving on to some Turkey now.

2011 Kentucky Spirit, rickhouse A.

• I like it 2

I took my wife out tonight for a steak and the bar had some KC, so I had some KC tonight.......

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.