What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It could he that I’m delirious from a full day of yard work and after Winter Garage rearrangement, but this Woodford Double Oaked is absolutely killing it right now.  Like, the best thing I’ve tasted in weeks... 

• I like it 5

On 4/15/2021 at 11:10 PM, Wedelstaedt said:

ECBP tonight.  Yeah man. 

Cheers

IMG_4507.JPG

Which version is this one?

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

The proof is 136.  As far as a batch number, back then the bottles weren't designated in that manner, if memory serves. 

Seems like I picked it up in 2016. 

So if you want to give it a number, probably C916. 

Bottom line, it is an amazing whiskey. 

Cheers. 

Got my second Covid shot today so I thought I'd celebrate with something special. PVW15 it is. GTS will be next.

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Got my second Covid shot today so I thought I'd celebrate with something special. PVW15 it is. GTS will be next.

Man you're doing it right tonight. Enjoy!

• I like it 1

I really enjoyed the ECBP, had a couple of pours of it.  Now decided to tamp it down a bit but to stay in the family.  EWSiB from 05.  According to the back of the bottle this one was aged 9 years, 11 months and 6 days.  It's a good whiskey but such a huge drop-off from the BP.

• I like it 2

On 4/17/2021 at 7:46 PM, smokinjoe said:

It could he that I’m delirious from a full day of yard work and after Winter Garage rearrangement, but this Woodford Double Oaked is absolutely killing it right now.  Like, the best thing I’ve tasted in weeks... 

Is it a store pick? A friend gifted me a bottle recently that I need to dig I to.

Just finished the weekend of opening up our RV site.  Glad to have it done and be back.  I will work remotely from here this week.  Celebrating with a bit of Blade and Bow.  One of my favorites.

1AAE2EE5-D1A8-4238-9628-63A75E0E4B3A.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/17/2021 at 7:15 PM, LvR Mike said:

Batch 12. I believe it was the last batch to be bottled in that bottle. Batch 12 was absolutely fantastic. 

23 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Just finished the weekend of opening up our RV site.  Glad to have it done and be back.  I will work remotely from here this week.  Celebrating with a bit of Blade and Bow.  One of my favorites.

Looking forward to the summer of you posting drink and food photos from here with that fantastic lake view.

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Kepler said:

I really enjoyed the ECBP, had a couple of pours of it.  Now decided to tamp it down a bit but to stay in the family.  EWSiB from 05.  According to the back of the bottle this one was aged 9 years, 11 months and 6 days.  It's a good whiskey but such a huge drop-off from the BP.

I can’t believe you went from an ECBP back to an 86pf! 

• I like it 1

Stagg Jr. batch 15 tonight while watching some Sunday night Baseball.  Still believe this is my third favorite batch of Jr behind 9 and 12.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

This is so awesome.  Enjoy the Summer!  

• I like it 1

finishing the last of the bottles that were sent out for a virtual blind (for 4 of the 5 people at least) tasting earlier tonight. ECBP C920 unanimously and solidly annihilated a recent Bookers. Pigskin Batch?, I think it was.

Maker's 46 and Cask Strength

My initial blend was 60:40 (CS:46), which mimicked the ratio for the "Poor Man's Pappy".  But I find @fishnbowljoe  50:50 blending to be more to my liking.  Dials down (what I interpret as) the prominent white pepper to a warm hug.

MM 5050 blend.jpg

• I like it 1

FRYL from the freezer on a clear 70 degree night on the deck.  We had snow a couple of days ago!  🤣

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

FRYL from the freezer on a clear 70 degree night on the deck.  We had snow a couple of days ago!  🤣

A perfect way to thumb your nose at that prior weather abomination!!  👍🏻

• I like it 2

On 4/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I can’t believe you went from an ECBP back to an 86pf! 

I know right.  Well I wanted to back off the accelerator and that BP is too creamy to add water to it.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:08 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

Alright Jeff! Looking forward to your food and drink posts from the RV park.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.