What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

37 minutes ago, JGriff said:

54FAA177-A028-4927-944E-B7FEABA2F2C4.jpeg

I really very much liked the toasted barrel.  I hope they make that a regular.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:15 PM, markandrex said:

WTRB to start the evening.

WT-02RB?  I know you were drinking one recently.  I just sipped it to remind me what whiskey is supposed to be like.

10 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

I really very much liked the toasted barrel.  I hope they make that a regular.

Marshmallow goodness. S’mores anyone?

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Pulled pork sandwich for dinner earlier and Bulleit blender's select now. 

How is the Blender’s Select? I’ve been curious about that one.

23 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

How is the Blender’s Select? I’ve been curious about that one.

It's good, I picked up 2 or 3. I recommend it at msrp if you're into spicy bourbons.

• I like it 1

Working vacation this week. Long story, long week.:huh: Pappy 15 followed by 2017 WLW. Both tasting especially good this evening.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Working vacation this week. Long story, long week.:huh: Pappy 15 followed by 2017 WLW. Both tasting especially good this evening.

Biba! Joe

Wow PVW15 and WLW.  Sounds like you deserve the special pours.

• I like it 1

Looked for a rye spice-forward  bourbon to follow the Bulleit Blender's Select.

This JB harvest collection High Rye is fitting in nicely.

11 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Wow PVW15 and WLW.  Sounds like you deserve the special pours.

Thanks K. In some ways I almost hesitate to say it, but I agree with you. I deserve the pours. 😊 FWIW, after the Pappy and WLW, I had/am having pours of  my 2021 Weller Blend, and my 2018 Gary’s Batch Weller Blend.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks K. In some ways I almost hesitate to say it, but I agree with you. I deserve the pours. 😊 FWIW, after the Pappy and WLW, I had/am having pours of  my 2021 Weller Blend, and my 2018 Gary’s Batch Weller Blend.

Biba! Joe

Don't  feel guilty about it Joe --

embrace it!!  We've all been there/are there.  That's one of the underappreciated aspects of having a bunker.  We have bottles at the ready for all types of events -- "celebrations" or even  just plain "vent sessions" ...  pour and enjoy, you are amongst friends here! 😃

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I deserve the pours. 😊 FWIW, after the Pappy and WLW, I had/am having pours of  my 2021 Weller Blend, and my 2018 Gary’s Batch Weller Blend.

WOW, Joe - that musta' been a truly crappy week!  You can't help but feel much better now, eh?   😝

And if we were in Bardstown last night, we might still be on the floor of The Gazebo seeing who could snore the loudest!   😂

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Working vacation this week. Long story, long week.:huh: 

Oh. Hey.

I kinda had one of those too.

Still put in 40 hrs, it was just crammed into 3 days this week... 😩

yeah, you definitely deserve some good pours!

Started last night with a double EWSB (2013 barreling) which was fine, but not much more than that. Also had a single Coopers Craft 100, and a Smooth Ambler Contradiction someone gifted me last week. The SA was my favorite of the evening. Good depth of flavor, and refreshingly different.

16 hours ago, JGriff said:

Marshmallow goodness. S’mores anyone?

You get the same as I do.  But for me, it’s that marshmallowy thing coupled with an artificial sweetener note to it that has turned me off on every toasted barrel bourbon that I have tried, unfortunately.  

started with Baker's SB moved to pre-fire 1.75 EC12 that I've been nursing for years.  Really getting into the EC12 so might continue, but likely go to other stuff.  The Baker's was decent up front but gave surprisingly very good after for such a youngun.  EC12 was rich thick rich mouthfeel that lasted forever, days, weeks, who knows.  I've confessed before but will repeat, a hundred years ago I used to mix volume "godfather" with 1.75 EC12 and 750 amaretto and sometimes go thru that in a week.  The young and stupid.  What makes it more appalling, I wasn't that young nor stupid when doing it.  Yes, it is a shame I will bear for eternity.

Blanton's L&K pick - "By a Nose" Barrel #374, dumped on 7-15-19.  Open bottle on the Blanton's Gold barrel head - "It needed killin'!"    😋

• I like it 1

WTKS for the evening.  Helping my youngest move some of his apartment  home from Louisville.  He and the girl friend a about to leave for the Black Hills of SD for the summer.  They both have some nice jobs for the summer then back to Louisville for Grad school.  Ah, to be young again.  Life is an adventure.

Tomorrow we finish clearing his place out.

• I like it 1

Took a day off yesterday and played golf for the 1st time in years and drank copious amounts of WT 101 and beer. Thankfully it was captain’s choice. Enjoying some RR warehouse H tonight and a Whistlepig barrel pick. Good weekend!

• I like it 2

Hey Old Friends,

Once again, sorry I haven't been on the forum a whole lot lately. Still very slowly recovering from what ails me, and at that I don't know whether or not this is going to be a chronic condition or temporary. For the moment would rather not discuss the whole thing in detail- it isn't Covid- but just to say that it ain't a barrel full of monkeys for fun and it's one day at a time for sure.

On a much more fun and positive note, also wanted to post a few goodies for this April spring Saturday evening: below, currently having a pour from one of the Jos. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon barrels that I've got coming out later this summer (ages 13 years/10 months old plus some 20+ y.o. barrel) at a current whopping proof of 133.54. I know that cask finished Bourbons, in this case old Armagnac barrels, aren't everyone's cup of tea, which is cool and completely understandable, but I must say that as it goes this Bourbon will be a pretty darned good cuppa, as our Brit friends say. 

😉🥃

And for the music lovers and musicians among you friends, below are some new acquisitions in the Fraley household: on the right is a 1970 (my birth year) Fender Mustang bass in Gulf Oil blue and orange racing stripes, and on the right is a 1965 Guild Starfire I bass. For the Fender Mustang think of Bill Wyman from the Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter," and for the Guild Starfire think of Chris Hillman from the The Byrds' "Eight Miles High," or Jack Casady from Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit." Whatever you like, both of these short scale basses absolutely rumble and thump lots of thunderous bass. 

Slánte, and hope everyone is having a good Saturday evening with great Bourbon!

Nancy

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

• I like it 15

Too-da-loo to a fantastic cherry cola bomb. I doubt I'll ever find another one for $55.

20210424_202746.jpg

• I like it 6

41 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey Old Friends,

Once again, sorry I haven't been on the forum a whole lot lately. Still very slowly recovering from what ails me, and at that I don't know whether or not this is going to be a chronic condition or temporary. For the moment would rather not discuss the whole thing in detail- it isn't Covid- but just to say that it ain't a barrel full of monkeys for fun and it's one day at a time for sure.

On a much more fun and positive note, also wanted to post a few goodies for this April spring Saturday evening: below, currently having a pour from one of the Jos. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon barrels that I've got coming out later this summer (ages 13 years/10 months old plus some 20+ y.o. barrel) at a current whopping proof of 133.54. I know that cask finished Bourbons, in this case old Armagnac barrels, aren't everyone's cup of tea, which is cool and completely understandable, but I must say that as it goes this Bourbon will be a pretty darned good cuppa, as our Brit friends say. 

😉🥃

And for the music lovers and musicians among you friends, below are some new acquisitions in the Fraley household: on the right is a 1970 (my birth year) Fender Mustang bass in Gulf Oil blue and orange racing stripes, and on the right is a 1965 Guild Starfire I bass. For the Fender Mustang think of Bill Wyman from the Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter," and for the Guild Starfire think of Chris Hillman from the The Byrds' "Eight Miles High," or Jack Casady from Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit." Whatever you like, both of these short scale basses absolutely rumble and thump lots of thunderous bass. 

Slánte, and hope everyone is having a good Saturday evening with great Bourbon!

Nancy

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

Nancy,

Whenever you post pics of your instruments, it reminds me of the mock documentary comedy movie Spinal Tap.  Nigel (the guitarist) is showing the interviewer his collection.  At one point the interviewer asks about a vintage Les Paul with the original price tag still attached.  Nigel "Don't touch that guitar!"  Interviewer "I was just pointing"  Nigel "Don't even point".  🤣

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Nancy,

Whenever you post pics of your instruments, it reminds me of the mock documentary comedy movie Spinal Tap.  Nigel (the guitarist) is showing the interviewer his collection.  At one point the interviewer asks about a vintage Les Paul with the original price tag still attached.  Nigel "Don't touch that guitar!"  Interviewer "I was just pointing"  Nigel "Don't even point".  🤣

@PaulO, I take that comment with the utmost love and hilarity possible! I love that mockumentary, so your comment is taken as some hilarious commentary and fun......and brother, you dare not even point to my basses! 🥃🤣😷😍 Cheers, N.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.