What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to a different ABC store and picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1920 ($54.99) and 4R Small Batch, ($34.99).

Both on sale, and the taxes are a little less than in MD, so I'm okay with that.

I was distracted by a phone call and inadvertently picked up a bottle of Old Grand Dad BiB; confusing it for Early Times BiB, which is on my wish list of bourbons to try.

5 hours ago, LGC said:

I was distracted by a phone call and inadvertently picked up a bottle of Old Grand Dad BiB; confusing it for Early Times BiB, which is on my wish list of bourbons to try.

Well, you can't go wrong with that one. 

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, LGC said:

We should all be that distracted.  OGD BIB distracts me all the time.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, LGC said:

You aren’t licensed to operate a motor vehicle I hope...  🤣

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, LGC said:

That's a mistake you will be very happy with!

First time I’ve seen the WT101 RYE in NC in a loooong time. Same price as the 81 proof too. Looking forward to finally trying it. I don’t often do 80 proofers, but when I do it’s usually this or Dickel No. 8. Sometimes you just want an easy day drinker. 

3D2C4BC2-7996-4FD7-A4C5-228FE11C2D14.jpeg

• I like it 6

Got a sample of Stellum Bourbon for a review, and turned around and about two bottles.  I've really enjoyed what I've tried from Barrell Craft Spirits, although the price points are such that I haven't pulled the trigger (outside of an American Vatted Malt).  This reminds me a bit of those Barrell Bourbon releases, but at $55.  Not saying it is the same, but I think this is priced fairly for cask strength bourbon - and the combination of different mashbills, different distilleries does create a really nice pour.  NAS, but in interviews they've said the core is 5-6 year bourbon, but with some 4-16 yr old barrels included.  To me - what's in the glass is more important than the age statement, and I was really surprised.  Curious if others try it and what they think.

• I like it 1

Back in the home land and stopped by a store as we get set to head "home". Exited with a bottle of OFSB, Makers Mark 101, OF 1920, Starlight SB Total Wine Selection, and a regular bottle of Woodenville. Can't wait to get home to try all of them!

• I like it 3

Some of these still lying around in the UK. These were £50 each, which is a lot for what it once was but a fair price for a dusty I think.

20210429_104457.jpg

• I like it 19

Finally.... Finding Blanton's in N.Fl is impossible. My brother found these three beauties for me in a small Cuban bodega in Hialeah/Miami.

20210427_060552.jpg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, Edd said:

Finally.... Finding Blanton's in N.Fl is impossible. My brother found these three beauties for me in a small Cuban bodega in Hialeah/Miami.

Decent price I hope......

Biba! Joe

Dropped by a little place I've been to before a few times, and they still had a couple JB Distiller's Cuts on the shelf, so they had to come home with me. It makes a nice variation on the Beam profile, which is one of my favorites.

They also had a couple 1.75Ls of old label KC 9 year old; has anybody ever compared current age stated KC to the pre-NAS version? Tempting to try one out...

• I like it 1

It has been a slow bourbon buying year so far for me, but I picked up two bottles of CEHT small batch today after work.  Those are getting hard to find lately, so I grabbed an extra for the stash or as a gift later on.

• I like it 4

10 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

...Those are getting hard to find lately, so I grabbed an extra for the stash or as a gift later on.

Many of us always been big on stocking up.  In these times it's necessity.

• I like it 3

of the many things getting sampled tonight is Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof.  Back in day I drank lot of Jack because that's what my leathers clad Waylon Jennings crowd drank.  After while I found it to be good but over priced, over hyped.  Of course it had it's fans.  Not sure whatever happened to user "Silverfish" but he liked it so much he bought barrel and put it in his basement.  anywho, I've mentioned this one before.  Like all Jack, it might be overpriced.  It is good and different up front, not whole lot after but a gives little bit.  If you're in the store throwing away money, give this one a gander.

• I like it 2

What can I say - I caved.  I looked at grocery store sale paper that came in the mail.  That is a great price for MM🤔  I dropped by and picked up OF 100 and WT 101 (several of each) @ $17.48 a 750ml.  It's hard to beat that anywhere.  Also, I had to consider, my son will start summer vacation from school next month.  Better stock up now, when I can shop by myself.

You have to make hay while the sun is shining.

• I like it 3

Wednesday nite at Pappy's Place, I bought a handle of The Wicked Oak Society Buffalo Trace (super yummo stuff!) for $55 OTD.  Tried to steal it, but got caught walking (staggering) out of the cabin.   🤣

• I like it 7

WT101 and 4 Roses Single Barrel today. Had the 101 before and enjoyed it. First try with 4 Roses but tried their Small Batch before, wasn't bad.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:07 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Decent price I hope......

Biba! Joe

Guy didn't know what he had or wasn't aware of current prices. He walked out with all three bottles for less than two hundred, which in Fl is a steal.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

What can I say - I caved.  I looked at grocery store sale paper that came in the mail.  That is a great price for MM🤔  I dropped by and picked up OF 100 and WT 101 (several of each) @ $17.48 a 750ml.  It's hard to beat that anywhere.  Also, I had to consider, my son will start summer vacation from school next month.  Better stock up now, when I can shop by myself.

You have to make hay while the sun is shining.

We might have shopped the same sale but different locations.  Since I met my son for lunch,  I actually ended up at different store than my normal one and given my current work schedule decided to get while the getting was good.

I was looking to grab OF100 but they didn't have any.  I ended up picking up a couple of FRSmB Selects for $39, an OF Statesman for $37, and a BT for $18 plus a KC and EC.

• I like it 5

23 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

We might have shopped the same sale but different locations.  Since I met my son for lunch,  I actually ended up at different store than my normal one and given my current work schedule decided to get while the getting was good.

I was looking to grab OF100 but they didn't have any.  I ended up picking up a couple of FRSmB Selects for $39, an OF Statesman for $37, and a BT for $18 plus a KC and EC.

Really great prices

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, smokinjoe said:

Really great prices

I bought the OF Statesman after seeing your post about it.  I was just waiting for a good price.

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

BT @ $18 would probably be the lead news story around here.

• I like it 1

I saw cases of 750ml and 1.75L bottles stacked on the floor.  I feel somehow IN is to BT what TX was for Weller.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.