What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed a nice pour of KC9 while watching Ted Lasso.  Followed up with a smaller pour of MGP 5 year 105 proof.  I think I will have another even smaller pour of the MGP.

• I like it 2

Fresh bottle pour of of Booker’s Pigskin batch. Was drinking a bit too hot at first but gave me an excuse to use my new (and admittedly totally useless) toy - glencairn water jug and Pipette. Had loads of peanut butter taste to it… something just felt a little off though while drinking this. Hopefully it improves  to me as I get further down the bottle but compared to the ECBP’s and Rare Breed I’ve been drinking as my go-to higher proofs, I feel like I may not be reaching for this first. 

ECE62A11-485E-4AB9-AFD9-6D810BCDF3FB.jpeg

• I like it 2

I came across a few older 50ml bottles of WT101. The noise is great. I could just sit and smell it all afternoon. The taste doesn’t do the noise justice, but it’s good. 
6C187D53-9331-4622-B50B-F951AB08C052.thumb.jpeg.0c81924a3c0be472ae1ac2e06c48e02a.jpeg

• I like it 9

Of late, I’ve been hoarding up a lot of MMCS due to local availability and pricing ($30.99). 

My current go to (due to the heat of course), is a MMCS/WSR blend.  Approx 65/35 CS heavy.  With one cube, of course!👍

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 5

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Drinking a 6yr 8mo Wilderness Trail high rye bourbon, a private selection my group did, that clocks in at 121 proof and is absolutely magnificent.

What amazes me about this one is that it was distilled on the pot still. Their column still has only been in operation for almost 5 years. I don't always like the pot still bourbons - well I almost always don't like them - but Wilderness Trail figured out how to get good results from it. Their column still product is going to be even better.

^^^^

FWIW, their SB BP rye is also knocking it out of the park.

They are doing the Lord’s work!

• I like it 2

Was sipp'n on WTRB Rye earlier. I've switched to WT101.  So much viscosity and balance. It has been said many times here, WT101 is the epitome of Bourbon.  So many are chasing $100+ whiskies, and they are just missing the boat. More for me. ;-))

Cheers

• I like it 12

26 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

So much viscosity and balance. It has been said many times here, WT101 is the epitome of Bourbon.  

Cheers

Even though I have enough Bunkered Bourbon to last me 50 lifetimes, WT101 urges me to go out and pick up 10 cases of this Flagship Whiskey. 

Cheers. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

^^^^

FWIW, their SB BP rye is also knocking it out of the park.

They are doing the Lord’s work!

Oh yes! Their rye is also killing it.

• I like it 4

Not just the color that’s different between these two, wow and I like EWB.

Like bringing a gun to a knife fight, had cherry no off putting tastes, maybe a little too much oak rye 2nd pour but just think that depends, way less oak and better balanced wood notes than HH BIB or Elijah Craig barrel proof.  Than again might just be that I like the EW profile.

CA77209D-DE38-4DEB-ACBF-EE25819E375A.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Weller blend this evening.

👍

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

👍

High praise from one Weller whore to another. 

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

ECSB followed by KC12 while watching a couple Bourbon Pursuit podcasts.

CF1C0C89-86FA-4C5B-B11E-FB3F02AB5B37.thumb.jpeg.2c137144b9aa293c6d75eaf350f64a95.jpegC3210B30-E439-485E-979A-7DA58B198B99.thumb.jpeg.6b3905dd78f5e62ac9e29ce286bd8583.jpeg

Looks like two solid pours to empty two solid bottles.  This leads to one solid evening!

• I like it 2

Getting back to basics with VOB 100.  This, WT 101, Old Fo 100, and some of the HH brands - you don't have to wait in line or spend a lot to drink good Bourbon.  Still a bargain in 2021.

We're not telling the taters.

• I like it 4

Feeling kind of old tonight.  Old Forester 100 that is.  A big pour followed by a smaller pour followed by an even smaller pour.  Cherry, vanilla and light oak on the nose, on the palate, and a nice finish.  One of the bourbon world's best values.

2 minutes ago, PaulO said:

We're not telling the taters.

That will make them salty like McDonald's fries. 

1 hour ago, Adam777 said:

Working my way up to the grand finale…

3CC4E489-0681-4464-99C0-EB34BDAC381F.jpeg

What a lineup, searched all the duty frees in Houston, Atlanta and Paris but struck out on the Father and Son.  Had the RR 13yr at a bar, excellent stuff.

3 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Working my way up to the grand finale…

3CC4E489-0681-4464-99C0-EB34BDAC381F.jpeg

That is quite a line up there.  Enjoy. 

Cheers

Switching it up. Pulled out a RR10. Sure can taste the age on this one. Fun..

Cheers

• I like it 1

2 things I learned from the finale of RR13. It’s a solid bourbon all around, great mouthfeel deep caramel and vanilla. You had to search for the fruit but it is there. More medicinal cherry. Oh and did I mention spicy as hell! My thoughts is this will benefit greatly to some air. 
The other thing I learned is the Father and Son opened up so nicely and that’s why I have hope for the RR13. Has a very pronounced cherry note and with that sweet oak it’s delicious. 

For those that feel like they missed out on the RR13, I’ll say I’ve had more than a few good single barrels that was better than the RR13. However, I’ll try it after it opens up a let you all know. Here’s after 2 health pours!

0CDFDA6A-C70F-4C72-866A-4A499F72526C.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.