What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cracked an Old Taylor handle.  pure caramel.  caramel and little else, like sucking on a candy.  Very little aftertaste, but some.  I'm enjoying this more than most anything else in this price range.  

• I like it 4

Just loaded up a Yeti tumbler with OF 100 and some ice. Settling in the the late (EDT) Mets Dodgers game. Muggy night in the Hudson Valley.

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, CPBourbon said:

Hadn’t had this in a while, probably 6 months, so thought it looked good for tonight. I remember I “liked” it but not much more than that.8ACDACED-5BC5-4CE7-91C8-837A59E75D3A.thumb.jpeg.e26e48a1c66067443cf054618a0340f5.jpeg

I did not enjoy this nearly as much last night as I remembered from the last time. I actually had some very strange notes from a wheated bourbon and felt like I was getting tobacco and leather notes up front that I don't normally get from the other wheaters I've been drinking lately (mostly just Makers 101). It did get a little better after the first couple sips but I did not feel like it finished great either. Perhaps it was just the way my palate was tonight as I remember enjoying it when we first opened it. At any rate, finished the night with my standard pour of OF1920 and that hit the spot, as always!

I looked so forward to this evening since I've not touched a drop all week...

Started with a fresh cracked Bulleit 10yr. Waaay not what I was wanting. (didn't even finish the pour)

Went to an OF Friday single barrel. Great goto, but not today.

Well, son of a biscuit, a turd, a rock, a fish and a butt!!!

(when you are raising 4 kids you have to get inventive with your cursing; my kids would leave the room but wait around the corner to listen to what I  was saying; they would never say anything because they knew I was truly mad but they would call me on it later & ask if I knew what I said; I never remembered!)

Back to ye ol' palate fixer...

KC Blend... Yep, fixed!!! ( on second pour now)

P.S. I can curse in 4 languages; 'Merican, Cajun French, Italian & Korean. They learned the 'Merican and Cajun French pretty quickly and the Italian & Korean is "too blunt" to use with kids, so I had to invent a more docile rant. See above...

Friday with my Baby, a nice pour and grouper on the grill !!!

• I like it 9

5 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

I looked so forward to this evening since I've not touched a drop all week...

Started with a fresh cracked Bulleit 10yr. Waaay not what I was wanting. (didn't even finish the pour)

Went to an OF Friday single barrel. Great goto, but not today.

Well, son of a biscuit, a turd, a rock, a fish and a butt!!!

(when you are raising 4 kids you have to get inventive with your cursing; my kids would leave the room but wait around the corner to listen to what I  was saying; they would never say anything because they knew I was truly mad but they would call me on it later & ask if I knew what I said; I never remembered!)

Back to ye ol' palate fixer...

KC Blend... Yep, fixed!!! ( on second pour now)

P.S. I can curse in 4 languages; 'Merican, Cajun French, Italian & Korean. They learned the 'Merican and Cajun French pretty quickly and the Italian & Korean is "too blunt" to use with kids, so I had to invent a more docile rant. See above...

Friday with my Baby, a nice pour and grouper on the grill !!!

LMFAO! Post of the year consideration IMHO. There have been numerous posts noteworthy of post of the year honors. None quite so eloquent as yours though redd. FWIW, you have my vote sir. 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Pickins’ are a little slim considering my recent bottle purge. I decided to have a couple of pours of my oft too neglected HH BIB blend on the patio this evening. Nice way to end a weird week at work. 🙃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

An unequal blend of ECBP A117 and EC Toasted Barrel— worked out to 58% ABV. Quite Interesting. 

0E7C2B21-D6FD-4C71-90DC-501690EE50C0.thumb.jpeg.8a537082ad8c2ea2f6b0f8e7bfd95307.jpeg

• I like it 6

43 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

An unequal blend of ECBP A117 and EC Toasted Barrel— worked out to 58% ABV. Quite Interesting. 

That does sound interesting.  I like the toast a lot. 

My last ECBP vat failed miserably.  Dregs of an ECPB wasn't fond of matched with dregs of a pre-fire EC18 that was great in it's day but dregs quite bitter.  Thought vat would be best of both, fail, vat was worst of both

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pickins’ are a little slim considering my recent bottle purge....

WTF?

• I like it 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:03 PM, Jazzhead said:

Be Cool, says Eddie Henderson,  and I say that means OF Bonded from a dimple bottle.  Being able to try it side by side with the current juice just points up the ageless quality of this bourbon.    Same as it ever was.

20210817_235520.jpg

I've wondered how this bottle is. I have an 86 proof version of that bottle 

Just finished off the last of the new 1783 EW 90 proof.  I really like this, really hits my sweet spot of what I like.  Now drinking some KC 9 year 100 proof the new stuff.  Drinks kind of hot I think I find it a tad bit disappointing.  Real shame.

• I like it 4

While watching Bohemian Rhapsody, I've been enjoying ET BiB. Great underrated (not here) Bourbon. Simply a deep dram. 

P.S.  The movie is equally great. Queen, never got enough deserved due. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

On 8/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, T.Rod_Whiskey said:

I bought one, and I dig it!  Not ultra complex, but a step about the SmB that they previously released.  Not a bad sipper at all.

Glad to hear that someone has tried it. I assumed that if it was Barton that it would be accptable.  May have to give this a second look next time I am in my Costco.

10 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

While watching Bohemian Rhapsody, I've been enjoying ET BiB. Great underrated (not here) Bourbon. Simply a deep dram. 

P.S.  The movie is equally great. Queen, never got enough deserved due. 

Cheers

Yep, I always l liked Queen.  The lead guitarist got his PhD in physics from Oxford in the late 90s  so no dummies either.

• I like it 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, smokinjoe said:

Double BT at ATL Sky Club.  I went with the double because this is my first flight since Covid, and I’m almost to the plane and I haven’t F’d up, yet.  My brain does hurt though, trying to remember all the old flying dos and don’ts, plus keeping alert to all the new ones…. 🤪

9F79490A-E7A5-47FE-BC5C-D56618E4C4E9.jpeg

HA! Let us know how the rest of the trip goes. I've been flying semi regularly since February and whoo boy was re-entry tough. I made all kinds of rookie mistakes over the course of the first three trips so much so that I apparently tweeted bout it (I don't remember the tweet) and a WSJ reporter came across it and contacted me for a story she was writing about regular fliers struggling to recapture their old routines. Hilarious stories in that article.

Forgot to post this on Thursday but once again I was enjoying an OF86 (this time a double) in the ATL Sky Club and was waving to the GBS crew. Nice place ya got there.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

Palate working fine tonight so a bit of Henry Mc; it's nice!!!

It’s the opposite for me this evening. Supper consisted of beef brisket burnt ends seasoned with brown sugar and coffee rub topped with Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. Also had baked beans with brisket pieces, and mashed potatoes. Tasty, tangy supper, but it threw my palate off. Tried a pour of ER.  No go. ☹️ 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I knew I wanted something,  but I

didn't know what.  We've all been there, looking at bottles, trying to figure out what you want 😉.

I saw the  glass, and figured,  "Why not?" 

Not a huge fan but, every once in a while, it really hits the spot.

Tonight it's  working well. 

20210821_184021.jpg

• I like it 4

Got my subwoofer back from the repair shop. It was one of the casualties from that tree branch on the power line / power surge incident.

They replaced the amp module under warranty so a win for me. Celebrating with a fat pour of a Russell's Reserve Single Barrel private selection while listening to some Horace Silver Quintet.

• I like it 8

Mrs. Bret Bret at a winery with the girls, so on the back deck with a hefty pour of Belle Meade Reserve, 108.3 proof of true pleasure, watching the sunset and deer go by.  Life is better than good.  Cheers!

• I like it 5

1 minute ago, Bret Bret said:

Mrs. Bret Bret at a winery with the girls, so on the back deck with a hefty pour of Belle Meade Reserve, 108.3 proof of true pleasure, watching the sunset and deer go by.  Life is better than good.  Cheers!

So, Mrs. Bret Bret will come home happy and maybe with bottle or two.  Happy wife, happy life!

• I like it 1

Drinking a little KC9 while watching the Colts-Vikings preseason game.   It is halftime so I told my wife she could turn it to the Hallmark movie.  No, I haven't surrendered my Man Card.  After many years of marriage, I have learned that happiness is a balancing act.  I will opt for another pour and surf the internet.  She will enjoy a movie since she was bored by the game.  Frankly, so was I since it is a preseason game.  Sometimes the little wins can be big.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.