What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, Eggman said:

Howdy,

EW Black. money's tight 'til the holidays. It's the Kia Rio of Bourbons. 😋

That's kind of harsh.  I always saw it more as the Honda Civic of bourbons.  Not too pricey, not too fancy, dependable, and consistent. 

• I like it 1

Today wasn’t as good as yesterday at work, but it still was a decent day over all. Back patio time with the last pour from a generous sample of 2019 GTS courtesy of Galvin0791. A couple of drops of water and a few chunks of ice, and this one is really hitting on all cylinders. Ridiculously good! 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

Sipping a little Larceny, neat.   Not sure how may palate is developing but I must be drinking too many higher proof expressions.   This seems to have nice flavor but a short-ish finish. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

Remus Volstead.  Very nice MGP!

Now that's one I want to try.

Be Cool, says Eddie Henderson,  and I say that means OF Bonded from a dimple bottle.  Being able to try it side by side with the current juice just points up the ageless quality of this bourbon.    Same as it ever was.

20210817_235520.jpg

• I like it 6

Double BT at ATL Sky Club.  I went with the double because this is my first flight since Covid, and I’m almost to the plane and I haven’t F’d up, yet.  My brain does hurt though, trying to remember all the old flying dos and don’ts, plus keeping alert to all the new ones…. 🤪

9F79490A-E7A5-47FE-BC5C-D56618E4C4E9.jpeg

• I like it 8

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Double BT at ATL Sky Club.  I went with the double because this is my first flight since Covid, and I’m almost to the plane and I haven’t F’d up, yet.  My brain does hurt though, trying to remember all the old flying dos and don’ts, plus keeping alert to all the new ones…. 🤪

9F79490A-E7A5-47FE-BC5C-D56618E4C4E9.jpeg

Hold that thought-- I'll see you in a few hours…

• I like it 1

It’s been a really crazy, different week at work. Our distribution center opened in 1991, and we’re celebrating our 30th anniversary this week.  Daily fun and games etc. Today we received a free lunch courtesy of our distribution center manager cooking out on the grill. Brats and hotdogs plus the usual side items. Today we had a visit from our Corporate Operations Manager. He’s the head honcho responsible for our 9 North American distribution centers. I got to chat with him briefly. He remembered me from previous visits to our facility. Somehow he knew of my upcoming retirement, and he congratulated me on my retirement and thanked me for my 28 years of service with the company. How ‘bout that! 😎

Although I was saving several nice low fill bottles til my retirement was more at hand, I decided to celebrate a little early and finish them off today. Back patio time with the last pours from a Weller CYPB, a Pappy 15, and last, but certainly not least, a 2018 WLW. 😁 “Don’t get much better’n that Vern.”

The only downside to all this is that he gave us an update on the 2022 opening of our new facility in, of all places, Louisville. If only…….🙄 LOL!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 16

16 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been a really crazy, different week at work. Our distribution center opened in 1991, and we’re celebrating our 30th anniversary this week.  Daily fun and games etc. Today we received a free lunch courtesy of our distribution center manager cooking out on the grill. Brats and hotdogs plus the usual side items. Today we had a visit from our Corporate Operations Manager. He’s the head honcho responsible for our 9 North American distribution centers. I got to chat with him briefly. He remembered me from previous visits to our facility. Somehow he knew of my upcoming retirement, and he congratulated me on my retirement and thanked me for my 28 years of service with the company. How ‘bout that! 😎

Although I was saving several nice low fill bottles til my retirement was more at hand, I decided to celebrate a little early and finish then off today. Back patio time with the last pours from a Weller CYPB, a Pappy 15, and last, but certainly not least, a 2018 WLW. 😁 “Don’t get much better’n that Vern.”

The only downside to all this is that he gave us an update on the 2022 opening of our new facility in, of all places, Louisville. If only…….🙄 LOL!

Biba! Joe

I came for the discussion of whiskey, but I stay for the joe drinks a wlw.

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I came for the discussion of whiskey, but I stay for the joe drinks a wlw.

Thanks Matt. Rest assured that another WLW will be opened in the not too distant future to take its place. 😉 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Having a bunch of work done on the house.  All things are beyond my scope.
Toasting a week worth of construction with some ECBP.  Not certain of the batch.  A little on the hot side so I would guess a C series. 

• I like it 3

Haven't been drinking much over the past few weeks.  Hit on a pour of MM101 tonight, just because.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Although I was saving several nice low fill bottles til my retirement was more at hand, I decided to celebrate a little early and finish them off today. Back patio time with the last pours from a Weller CYPB, a Pappy 15, and last, but certainly not least, a 2018 WLW. 😁 “Don’t get much better’n that Vern.”

Biba! Joe

I was actually thinking about you when I logged on and how close you are to retirement.  It is good to hear that your work over the years is recognized by senior management.  Sounds like you had a few enjoyable pours, just because.

• I like it 1

Everyone's out of town except me and the dog,   so after I put some work to bed I grabbed him and went to the beach.   An MPG kinda night,  with a waxing moon to light up the night breeze.   Later it'll be the dog's turn to scope it all out.

20210818_212910.jpg

• I like it 4

3 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Everyone's out of town except me and the dog,   so after I put some work to bed I grabbed him and went to the beach.   An MPG kinda night,  with a waxing moon to light up the night breeze.   Later it'll be the dog's turn to scope it all out.

20210818_212910.jpg

My puppy princess likes to hang with me when I drink bourbon.  There are beaches in PA?f

Breeze, moon, bourbon, dog...doesn't get any better than that!

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

My puppy princess likes to hang with me when I drink bourbon.  There are beaches in PA?f

Breeze, moon, bourbon, dog...doesn't get any better than that!

Ocean City,  New Jersey.    The beaches in PA are in Marcus Hook.     

You have accurately identified the formula for bliss.    

• I like it 1

Hadn’t had this in a while, probably 6 months, so thought it looked good for tonight. I remember I “liked” it but not much more than that.8ACDACED-5BC5-4CE7-91C8-837A59E75D3A.thumb.jpeg.e26e48a1c66067443cf054618a0340f5.jpeg

• I like it 1

GW4G with leftover prime sliced sirloin strip and caesar salad from lunch at Capital Grille today.  Yummo!  😋

• I like it 4

It was just a meh day at work today.😐 I started my after work  patio time with the last small pour from a bottle of MM. It was pretty good. 🙂 I wanted another pour, so a healthy pour of my 2021 Weller Blend is now in my Glencairn. It’s real good. 😁

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.