What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After a long, drawn out Monday, the OF Blend is winding it down, nicely!

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 3

10 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Some straight BT this evening.

Starting a handle of Wicked Oak PS BT before a dinner of spaghetti and sauce after dodging Hurrircane/Tropical Storm Henri yesterday and today.  Fresh baked Italian bread and salad from the garden.  AMF, buddy.   😠

• I like it 6

On the back patio with a nice pour of KC SBS. This was a stellar pick, but the 120 proof was just a bit hot. I usually have a few chunks of ice with my bourbon, but with this one I had to add a splash water to tame it done some. To quote Vosgar, “Oooooh! “ Might tasty.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

Poured a few fingers into the glencairn finishing a KC 9 Yr. Single Barrell Reserve 120 proof.  Listening to a couple of Carla Bley lps I picked up in a visit to an old friend, who was downsizing his massive vinyl collection.  Very hot here today so, after morning dog walk, rowing workout, run to town to buy some Little Book, mail some vinyl and CDs out, mow the lawn, afternoon nap, then after dinner packing 5 boxes of  more online vinyl sales, it's time for another pour.     Think I'll crack the Longbranch.   Stay smart out there 

• I like it 5

Polished off a fridge ER. It was good. Even Mrs. Redd agreed...

Then jumped to a FoSmith suggested, EW Black, freezer pour of which I had a half pint, birthday present from 3 or so years back.

Thanx Fo...

I call this Tolerable Tuesday & have supper warming up in the bullpen...

• I like it 4

Very hot and humid here today. Work sucked. 🥵 Decided to hit the patio anyway with a couple of pours of BT. Breeze is picking up and clouds are rolling in.The temperature dropped 10 degrees (to 85°) in the last hour or so, and we can hear thunder off in the distance. Our phones just went off with a weather alert. Severe thunderstorm warning for our area shortly. Oy. Here we go again.🙄 

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.9a8546c038f0104bf099b0fd31bf3be7.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Work sucked. 🥵 Decided to hit the patio anyway with a couple of pours of BT.

Breeze is picking up and clouds are rolling in.

The temperature dropped 10 degrees (to 85°) in the last hour or so, and we can hear thunder off in the distance. 

1st line left here says it all !!!

An earned perk from suckiness... 🤟

Secondly take it from a guy that's done over a dozen hurricanes & countless t-storms; just enjoy the 10 degree drop. It makes it all worthwhile. Stay safe and a bit tipsy... 😎

• I like it 7

Long day again, which is good,  since I'm here with a Longbranch. Listened to "As tears go by" from Hot Rocks lp.    Now it's "Get off of My Cloud".  Drummer is kicking it.. 

It's  gonna be a long night. 

RIP Charlie Watts.

• I like it 6

The wife has started an interest into Bourbon this past year so I decided to share one of my favorites. We both got a great strawberry nose that definitely shines in the palate along with caramel and vanilla. Red apple, strawberries and raspberries are just so unique and delicious in this. My favorite of mashbill #2. Now she will understand why I occasionally splurge on bourbon right?!

960ED007-5672-4044-B86E-108716EC3F86.jpeg

• I like it 10

Last night was a revisit to this Legent bottle for me that I hadn't touched in some time. I found some interesting notes and definitely have a different view of it than I did the first time. Not enough traditional bourbon flavors here for me personally to see it as something I would reach for regularly, but it was "ok". The overwhelming notes for me were fruit preserves and sour cherry/strawberry. 

1775116871_CPAugust-5.jpg.d9a6bda2d46eb8714d20bcc0433457ff.jpg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Adam777 said:

The wife has started an interest into Bourbon this past year so I decided to share one of my favorites. We both got a great strawberry nose that definitely shines in the palate along with caramel and vanilla. Red apple, strawberries and raspberries are just so unique and delicious in this. My favorite of mashbill #2. Now she will understand why I occasionally splurge on bourbon right?!

960ED007-5672-4044-B86E-108716EC3F86.jpeg

Careful now, I did the same with my wife and she now regularly helps herself to a pour or three 😐 of my “good stuff”, you know… the bottles you open and have a pour or two here and there to in order to stretch out that hard to get LE?  Or drinking the ones with the “stickers” 😫on it instead of the regular bottles of the same brand……that’s what I get for drinking good bourbon I guess. 

*EDIT*

Which brings me to liquor cabinets, more specifically the lockable kind. I’d like to have something similar to China cabinet to display bottles but still lock (teenage kids and thirst wife see above)  

Does anyone have anything similar? I haven’t searched on here and all the pics on show your stash are pretty much all open shelves.   

Edited by TehRegion219

3 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Which brings me to liquor cabinets, more specifically the lockable kind. I’d like to have something similar to China cabinet to display bottles but still lock (teenage kids and thirst wife see above)  

Does anyone have anything similar? I haven’t searched on here and all the pics on show your stash are pretty much all open shelves.   

Kids, maybe effective.  Wife, no way.  Kinda' like when SWMBO got her LTC (License to Carry) and wanted the combo to the gunsafe.  Me - "Why?  I clean all of your stuff before I put them back in the safe."  Her - "I want to put my jewelry in the gun safe and need to get it out sometimes when you're not around!"  Me - "Oh, ok."  Shoulda' bought her a safe of her own, I guess.  I'm sooo weak and cheap.   😪

• I like it 5

BT on the back patio. Warm and sunny tonight. Much different than last nights brewing stormy weather, which thankfully didn’t amount to much. 🤗 Birds chirping, squirrels on the phone lines, neighbors dog barking, and surprise, surprise, the blaring music of an ice cream truck meandering through our neighborhood. :o I can’t recall the last time that happened. I must admit it brought back fond memories from my youth when the Mister Softee truck came ‘round our neighborhood. 😊 Nice evening. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Careful now, I did the same with my wife and she now regularly helps herself to a pour or three 😐 of my “good stuff”, you know… the bottles you open and have a pour or two here and there to in order to stretch out that hard to get LE?...

At least at Christmas she'll gift your with a good bottle rather than yuch.  Problem is, you might get what she likes rather than your fav

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Kids, maybe effective.  Wife, no way.  Kinda' like when SWMBO got her LTC (License to Carry) and wanted the combo to the gunsafe.  Me - "Why?  I clean all of your stuff before I put them back in the safe."  Her - "I want to put my jewelry in the gun safe and need to get it out sometimes when you're not around!"  Me - "Oh, ok."  Shoulda' bought her a safe of her own, I guess.  I'm sooo weak and cheap.   😪

C'mon, there are gun safes and jewelry boxes.  Push back and ask her why she needs to put on jewelry when you aren't around.  So, says the man who says please and thank you when addressing his wife.  😜

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

BT on the back patio. Warm and sunny tonight. Much different than last nights brewing stormy weather, which thankfully didn’t amount to much. 🤗 Birds chirping, squirrels on the phone lines, neighbors dog barking, and surprise, surprise, the blaring music of an ice cream truck meandering through our neighborhood. :o I can’t recall the last time that happened. I must admit it brought back fond memories from my youth when the Mister Softee truck came ‘round our neighborhood. 😊 Nice evening. 

Biba! Joe

Oh man, Mister Softee.  Rumors were he was selling drugs.  The only drug I bought was a large vanilla cone with sprinkles.  Originally, 50 cents.  I can still hear the song in my head.  There are still Mister Softee trucks in New York.

We would see the truck coming down the street.  My grandmother couldn't pull the quarters out of her plastic coin purse quick enough.  We didn't want to miss Mister Softee or have him pass by our street.

There was actually a Mister Softee store on Shelby Street close to Raymond Street.  Ended up a Greiners Sub Shop.

It's been a long week.  Oh wait, today was only Wednesday.  OK, well over the hump.  Enjoying a couple of pours of KC9.

• I like it 3

I'm finishing off an EW 1783.  It will be replaced.  It's a mighty nice version of HH product.

• I like it 1

A 7 year old Lincoln Road Package “Misty’s Pick” Old Weller Antique in the hotel room as a nightcap to a long day. 

2B61453A-1BFE-4FD3-BD88-14C6BCBEAF90.thumb.jpeg.cd06246cf1478e5614f16eebe98dc89c.jpeg

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

At least at Christmas she'll gift your with a good bottle rather than yuch.  Problem is, you might get what she likes rather than your fav

Not SWMBO - all her Christmas cash goes to the grandkids!   😆

7 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

C'mon, there are gun safes and jewelry boxes.  Push back and ask her why she needs to put on jewelry when you aren't around.  So, says the man who says please and thank you when addressing his wife.  😜

Ha ha - we ALL talk BIG when the wife isn't around, eh?  😅

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.