What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It’s been a long work week so decided to finally crack open a bottle of Elmer T Lee to drink side by side with a bottle of Blantons. The wifey also made some freshly baked cinnamon rolls which paired nicely with the bourbons. Though I know bourbons meant to be drank (I do love drinking!), it’s always hard opening these bottles not knowing if I’ll be able to replace it in the future. 

5702CA3E-0636-4E20-9F97-FA5D046A8067.jpeg

• I like it 8

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Drinking a little KC9 while watching the Colts-Vikings preseason game.   It is halftime so I told my wife she could turn it to the Hallmark movie.  No, I haven't surrendered my Man Card.  After many years of marriage, I have learned that happiness is a balancing act.  I will opt for another pour and surf the internet.  She will enjoy a movie since she was bored by the game.  Frankly, so was I since it is a preseason game.  Sometimes the little wins can be big.  

I hear ya’ mbroo. By chance is the movie ”A Little Daytime Drama”? 😉 

Biba! Joe

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I hear ya’ mbroo. By chance is the movie ”A Little Daytime Drama”? 😉 

Biba! Joe

Oh, I guess I was supposed to be watching.  Yes, Yes, it is!  The plots are predictable but sometimes the scenery can be enjoyable..  If you know what I mean.

Had a nip of the new EW 1783 for an appéritif. An indulgent pour of Pikesville Rye now. And thinking I may have another dram of MM 101 later on if I want dessert. 

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Oh, I guess I was supposed to be watching.  Yes, Yes, it is!  The plots are predictable but sometimes the scenery can be enjoyable..  If you know what I mean.

To tell the truth, I kinda like the Hallmark Movies. No  brainer, predictability is more fun and, and a welcome change. What scenery? 😆

Biba! Joe

After having to work this morning for a couple hours, I decided to just have a lazy Saturday.

Of course I like sipping on something, and this 2016 store pick OWA is a fantastic choice.

8A012617-28D0-4AAC-8CA0-B75D0BE34448.jpeg

• I like it 11

I started off with a L'encantada armagnac and really enjoyed it.  Switching to bourbon so have to go JM Cigar Blend, batch 9. 

• I like it 6

Had a sip of MM 2020 LE, wasn’t working. Switching to HMcK10. Will see how this one works. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Day 2 of new puppy.  Wow, I forgot how much work these things can be :D

WT101 in the glass last night - delicious always!

AppaNate.jpg

Edited by n811
  • I like it 14

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

To tell the truth, I kinda like the Hallmark Movies. No  brainer, predictability is more fun and, and a welcome change. What scenery? 😆

Biba! Joe

Can't rightly say that I watch the Hallmark movies with Mrs Redd, but I do watch Jessica. (MSW) Nobody should go out after dark in Cabot Cove. That sleepy little town is off the hook after dark...

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, n811 said:

Day 2 of new puppy.  Wow, I forgot how much work these things can be :D

WT101 in the glass last night - delicious always!

AppaNate.jpg

Edited by G L Tirebiter

Busy, busy day so far. I got a whole bunch of things taken care of around the house this morning/early afternoon.

I ate a lite lunch and I’m having a small pour of BT on the back patio before heading back in to try and get a couple more things done. 🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Out for an early dinner for the wife’s birthday. Had a glass of the 2020 OF Birthday bourbon at a tavern bar, then walked down to the restaurant and decided to enjoy a pour of the 2020 Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye.   It has been a great day. 

4914961F-F23B-4F2B-9B43-79F65B138509.jpeg

• I like it 11

Both of these delicious nectars tonight. This is an EXCELLENT  store pick of barrel  proof Old Forester. 1920 is my absolute jam and this pick blows it away. It’s like a pecan pie in a glass! 

1B26A6CB-D14E-43C0-92D0-E158873867DD.thumb.jpeg.768c649f679e038dc041226c04c89a90.jpeg

• I like it 7

I like the 1920 OF too.  Probably will never see the single barrel here in PA. 

Sipping a little regular label 4Roses.   And, in the home office, listening to a little Brian Eno 'Another green World".   Bass is kicking on the Vandersteen 2Cs (older model that I cannot sell (yet)

• I like it 2

I picked this bottle up last year I think. It was always a little hot for the proof. I drink it over ice, but the flavor drops fast. 
I’m going to finish it off tonight. 
B216B6A6-12C5-4229-BB79-4F21B90EC491.thumb.jpeg.77faf3a42566dd3ee43c5e8badbc5c6f.jpeg

• I like it 2

I was feeling left out of all the Dickel love, so enjoying a pour from a bottle I picked up almost exactly 2 years ago the last time I visited Tullahoma. Really good. 

PXL_20210822_224111457.jpg

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Busy, busy day so far. I got a whole bunch of things taken care of around the house this morning/early afternoon.

I ate a lite lunch and I’m having a small pour of BT on the back patio before heading back in to try and get a couple more things done. 🤞

Biba! Joe

Finally! All done with everything, so I’m having another small pour of BT on the back patio. 🙂 We’ll be heading inside in a little while to watch the new Hallmark movie. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Finally! All done with everything, so I’m having another small pour of BT on the back patio. 🙂 We’ll be heading inside in a little while to watch the new Hallmark movie. ^_^

Biba! Joe

There was a time that I looked up to you.🤦🏻‍♂️

• I like it 5

6 minutes ago, 0895 said:

There was a time that I looked up to you.🤦🏻‍♂️

LMAO!

What can I say? It’s Aurora Teagarden. :o

Biba! Joe

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I picked this bottle up last year I think. It was always a little hot for the proof. I drink it over ice, but the flavor drops fast. 
I’m going to finish it off tonight. 
B216B6A6-12C5-4229-BB79-4F21B90EC491.thumb.jpeg.77faf3a42566dd3ee43c5e8badbc5c6f.jpeg

So, all this time while we thought the goat was responsible for those legendary GBS barrel selections, he/she was actually just the muse?

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

LMAO!

What can I say? It’s Aurora Teagarden. :o

Biba! Joe

Affinity for redheads or just a good story?

Aida Teagarden is holding it together quite well.  

Guys/Gals - you can drink bourbon, watch sports and enjoy a Hallmark movie and still be cool!

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

Affinity for redheads or just a good story?

Aida Teagarden is holding it together quite well.  

Guys/Gals - you can drink bourbon, watch sports and enjoy a Hallmark movie and still be cool!

To quote the old Bartles and Jaymes commercials, “Thank you for your support.” 😁

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.