What Bourbon Did You Pass On 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't pay secondary prices, I either find it for standard price or I don't get it.  Walked away from a blantons for $100 and I don't even have a bottle.

• I like it 8

Buffalo Trace handle for $95. Funny thing is, this place had a pretty good selection otherwise and most of the other prices were within reason. 

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, hughewil said:

I don't pay secondary prices, I either find it for standard price or I don't get it.  Walked away from a blantons for $100 and I don't even have a bottle.

Might want to keep your independence? You're sounding like the rest of us. :) 

• I like it 5

8 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Might want to keep your independence? You're sounding like the rest of us. :) 

I just won't be ripped off.  I have a lot of good whiskey at regular price I don't need to pay more than what it should cost to have a nicd drink

• I like it 3

KC 12 yr  $80.00

JDBiB $42.00*

*I might go back and get this one😉

12 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

KC 12 yr  $80.00

JDBiB $42.00*

*I might go back and get this one😉

I believe that is, or really close to MSRP for that JD BIB.

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I believe that is, or really close to MSRP for that JD BIB.

Yeah, I'm sure that you're right.

I'm visiting family in FL, (flew here), and haven't seen it at home.  I have room in my luggage, (and packaging), for 3 bottles.  If the JD is still there,  I'll get one.  

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yeah, I'm sure that you're right.

I'm visiting family in FL, (flew here), and haven't seen it at home.  I have room in my luggage, (and packaging), for 3 bottles.  If the JD is still there,  I'll get one.  

Do it. It’s delicious. 

• I like it 2

Blanton's - $249.99, WA107 - $149.99.  But they did have a great price on The Macallan 25 - $2399 OTD.   😂

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's - $249.99, WA107 - $149.99.  But they did have a great price on The Macallan 25 - $2399 OTD.   😂

Nice prices! Make sure the included Pat's season tickets seats are decent!!! 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Nice prices! Make sure the included Pat's season tickets seats are decent!!! 

LOL! 

image.jpeg.dbd9326a8d93286994409bcca5c9010d.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Do it. It’s delicious. 

I did it. 😁

• I like it 2

I passed on a Weller Full Proof Store Pick for $199.  It was moderately tough to pass on... But then again I'm not a BT fan boy like some of you guys.

• I like it 2

Shopping day yesterday, so we were out and about. I purchased a nice bottle Wednesday, so I really wasn’t planning on buying anything. I still had to look though. Glad I did. This is my first sighting of the new label/bottle MM 46. Was tempted, but passed on the MM 46 and KC.

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I did it. 😁

Well done. Let us know when you open it. I’d like to hear your thoughts. 

• I like it 1

Am I the only one that is irked by Jack Daniel's bottling their new brand extensions like the BiB in 700 ml sizes?   Shrinkflation and I don't support it.  I consider it a dick move, and if they keep it up it will certainly spread like wildfire to all the producers.  They will all be forced to do it in order to compete on price.   You can say goodbye to the 750ml bottle size in the future.  And we the consumer will surely get screwed.   But what do we expect from B-F, the leader in whiskey bean-counting.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 8

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Am I the only one that is irked by Jack Daniel's bottling their new brand extensions like the BiB in 700 ml sizes?   Shrinkflation and I don't support it.  I consider it a dick move, and if they keep it up it will certainly spread like wildfire to all the producers.  They will all be forced to do it in order to compete on price.   You can say goodbye to the 750ml bottle size in the future.  And we the consumer will surely get screwed.   But what do we expect from B-F, the leader in whiskey bean-counting.

Unfortunately I think this was inevitable when the 700mL size was approved. A single size for domestic and export bottlings makes sense but yeah we lose out bc they won’t drop the prices accordingly.

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Unfortunately I think this was inevitable when the 700mL size was approved. A single size for domestic and export bottlings makes sense but yeah we lose out bc they won’t drop the prices accordingly.

Yes you nailed it.  If they would start making the 1 Liter size more available and priced correctly then it would help offset the reduced value of the 700 mL.  But here in the US the 1 liter is typically the worst value.  All the top shelf offerings will only be available in the 700 size however.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

700ml???

I didn't notice, or bother to even look, and just assumed that it was a 750ml.

If that's the case, that BiB better be damn good!

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Well done. Let us know when you open it. I’d like to hear your thoughts. 

Will do!

21 hours ago, Kepler said:

This saddens me.  I must have missed the downsizing.  C'mon man, what is the world coming to?  You can be certain this will now be the trend.  🤨

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

This saddens me.  I must have missed the downsizing.  C'mon man, what is the world coming to?  You can be certain this will now be the trend.  🤨

I posted some news on this in the Industry News forum a few hours ago. Yes, it looks like this might be the new norm. 😤

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

700ml???

I didn't notice, or bother to even look, and just assumed that it was a 750ml.

This is what their bean counters are hoping for.   In the future expect subtle changes in bottle shapes that downplay the fact the volume is smaller. 

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

Passed on Dickel 8yr Bourbon for $44.99. First time seeing it in my area, so it was tempting, but I'll wait to see if any other stores get it in and on the shelves closer to msrp.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

This is what their bean counters are hoping for.   In the future expect subtle changes in bottle shapes that downplay the fact the volume is smaller. 

That's bullshit.

I'll pay more attention in the future.

Im somewhat embarrassed to say that this pisses me off as much as rising gas prices.

I guess that says something about me😂

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.