What Bourbon Did You Pass On 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

38 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A day late……. Heard a place had a couple of bottles of Hancock’s. Couldn’t make it to the store yesterday. Stopped there today. All gone. 🙁 So I involuntarily passed. 🤨

Biba! Joe

Such a good pour. Sorry you missed it. I only have 2 left 

• I like it 2

Stopped by a new store.  They had some good deals for the grand opening.  When I got to the register the owner asked if I wanted an ER.  How much?  $79.99, passed but did buy some staples that were nicely priced.  

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 5

4 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Full pass…Delaware is trippin…

Some of those are Missouri sale prices.  😜

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 3

Passed on this too, mostly because there wasn’t any on the shelf.

I found the “sale” tag quite humorous.

The liquor clerk told me they haven’t seen any bottles in awhile, but got orders to put the sale tags up.

Eagle Rare was “on sale” too.

Having worked retail before in a different life, none of it surprised me.

🤷🏻‍♂️

1DB915F0-0B8D-40B0-9D99-62C44D144A0C.jpeg

• I like it 4

12 minutes ago, 0895 said:

The liquor clerk told me they haven’t seen any bottles in awhile, but got orders to put the sale tags up.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Uhhhh, kinda looks like we have the same store here. 😡 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Kinda like the shelf tags at the local WalMart for Blanton's, Eagle Rare, & Weller SR (even getting re-done when they recently changed their shelving) even though I, or anyone I know, have never seen a bottle of any of them on the shelf.

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Kinda like the shelf tags at the local WalMart for Blanton's, Eagle Rare, & Weller SR (even getting re-done when they recently changed their shelving) even though I, or anyone I know, have never seen a bottle of any of them on the shelf.

The liquor in our Walmarts is now kept in locked cases. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The liquor in our Walmarts is now kept in locked cases. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Same now for the one I was referring to. They put in a locked case for the "high end" stuff. That's where the tags for B and ER are. The WSR tag is out on the regular shelf. The only thing in the locked case was a couple bottles of Angel's Envy.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Same now for the one I was referring to. They put in a locked case for the "high end" stuff. That's where the tags for B and ER are. The WSR tag is out on the regular shelf. The only thing in the locked case was a couple bottles of Angel's Envy.

Define “high end” Tim. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

ECBP C921 $75.00

Weller Antique $139.00

EH Taylor, (not sure which one) $149.00

Baby Saz $27.99

WTRB Rye $60.00*

*almost pulled the trigger on this one, but I have a couple bottles and only drink it occasionally.  

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Define “high end” Tim. 😉

Biba! Joe

It's not MY definition...it's WM's! I'll look next time just for edification purposes.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It's not MY definition...it's WM's! I'll look next time just for edification purposes.

LMFAO! 🤣

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Kinda like a zoo, just staring at things here in Delaware …

61BFEA3C-6B4E-4077-9AD7-20BCAA125645.jpeg

I can’t believe you went back to that store.

• I like it 2

On 4/28/2022 at 9:19 PM, 0895 said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Does the store name start with an M and in with a R?  I asked because my local Mei..r had a similar tag.  I thought I missed out but maybe not.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Kinda like a zoo, just staring at things here in Delaware …

61BFEA3C-6B4E-4077-9AD7-20BCAA125645.jpeg

Those shelves look kind of high.  Hopefully, Kareem Abdul Jabbar works there.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

Haha...our local chain stores...Kroger, Walmart, etc....put Crown Royal, Basil, Blade & Bow in locked cases.  Meanwhile, several higher end bourbons like Bookers, AE Rye, OF Distillers Series are on the shelf.  

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Does the store name start with an M and in with a R?  I asked because my local Mei..r had a similar tag.  I thought I missed out but maybe not.

yes

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, 0895 said:

yes

This saddens me. Such Tom Foolery and not the bourbon brand.  I would rather think I missed out and think I was dooped.  I assume dooped is spelled the same as pooped but with a d.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

This saddens me. Such Tom Foolery and not the bourbon brand.

i mean honestly whatever…

i could care less about Blumpkin’s, 

but I know come Christmas time my coworkers are going to look at me to come up with a gift for our manager, and my local connection is defunct, so I’m chasing any opportunity get an early jump.

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

but I know come Christmas time my coworkers are going to look at me to come up with a gift for our manager, and my local connection is defunct, so I’m chasing any opportunity get an early jump.

I get you on Blanton's.  I feel the same.  The last several bottles have been mediocre.  Although, I know if I saw one on the shelf at that price, I would probably pick it up.

However, my M.....r  has they tags often for a variety of "limited" bourbons that I never see on their shelves.  Don't toy with me.  I only want to see tags for what I can get but isn't available because I missed it.  😀

Fortunately, I give my co-workers WT101 and they seem to really love it.  There seems to be a universal refrain "I normally wouldn't buy this but it is really good."  I smile because I can usually find it for less than $20 on sale.

• I like it 4

11 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Hehehe - Blumpkins, that’s great. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

51 minutes ago, 0895 said:

44 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I get you on Blanton's.  I feel the same.  The last several bottles have been mediocre.  Although, I know if I saw one on the shelf at that price, I would probably pick it up.

However, my M.....r  has they tags often for a variety of "limited" bourbons that I never see on their shelves.  Don't toy with me.  I only want to see tags for what I can get but isn't available because I missed it.  😀

Fortunately, I give my co-workers WT101 and they seem to really love it.  There seems to be a universal refrain "I normally wouldn't buy this but it is really good."  I smile because I can usually find it for less than $20 on sale.

Once in a great while our M stores website will say they have Blanton’s and/or ER in stock. I’ve found ER once. I’ve asked about the Blanton’s, and can’t get a straight answer. “Umm, uhhhh, hmmm, not sure, I dunno.”  I have an inkling there may be some shenanigans going on. I’ve thought about talking to the store manager, but figured it probably ain’t worth it. 🙄

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.