What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mrs. Clueby picked the Friday night pour. It was between this PS and EC18. This pick was overpriced,  but stellar.

20220304_200027.jpg

• I like it 7

GW4G new batch with pan-fired Chinese noodles under stir-fried Chinese vegetables and roasrt pork (Char siu).  Yummo!   🤩

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

GW4G new batch with pan-fired Chinese noodles under stir-fried Chinese vegetables and roasrt pork (Char siu).  Yummo!   🤩

Does your hotel here have a kitchen by chance?

Just curious.  :)

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Just you or can we all hear? 😁

haha, the more the merrier!! 

MMPS store pick, these are very underrated sometimes, I figure because they are so plentiful they tend to get overlooked.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220305_195909.jpg

what batch are you pouring there? I’ve been seeing batch #6 around recently and debating a pick-up. Heard it’s three year house juice blended with well aged Turkey. 

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Char siu is one of my favorites.

Tonight it's Old Fo 100 for me.

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I tried a pour of OF 100 after having some OF 86. This OF 100 tastes better than the last one I had. I like it, but I think I’ll be leaning towards the OF 86 in the future. I reckon you can teach an old dog new tricks. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Yes you can if the old dog is smart enough!  I preferred the 86 to the 100 at a Brown Forman tasting I went to last year.  But I have a couple of OF100 bottles to work through including a liter size before I'll be buying a bottle of the 86.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Does your hotel here have a kitchen by chance?

Just curious.  :)

Why?  Does St. Louis hace a Chinatown???  😋

Tim would know about a kitchen better than I would.  He did the recon.  😉

Back on topic - finished the night with a couple of wee pours of open StaggJrs from the Bunker: 

Open StaggJrs.jpg

Batch #6 (Spring 2006) 132.5 pf and Batch #16 (Summer 2021) 130.9 pf (I wondered where that one went).   The Batch #6 was still drinking hot, hot, hot - it was my 1st go-around with StaggJr and about to be dumped when I found @dSculptor's blend..  Guess I have to re-fill that decanter.  The Batch #16 was as "smooth as a warm summer breeze."  Yummo.  🥰

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

7 hours ago, Rhettro said:

what batch are you pouring there? I’ve been seeing batch #6 around recently and debating a pick-up. Heard it’s three year house juice blended with well aged Turkey. 

That is my understanding too!

9 hours ago, Rhettro said:

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

That is my understanding too!

That's a pretty decent percentage of 11 yr juice

20220306_092215.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Why?  Does St. Louis hace a Chinatown???  😋

Tim would know about a kitchen better than I would.  He did the recon.  😉

Back on topic - finished the night with a couple of wee pours of open StaggJrs from the Bunker: 

Open StaggJrs.jpg

Batch #6 (Spring 2006) 132.5 pf and Batch #16 (Summer 2021) 130.9 pf (I wondered where that one went).   The Batch #6 was still drinking hot, hot, hot - it was my 1st go-around with StaggJr and about to be dumped when I found @dSculptor's blend..  Guess I have to re-fill that decanter.  The Batch #16 was as "smooth as a warm summer breeze."  Yummo.  🥰

The hot batches, to me, are borderline undrinkable,  #2 in particular, is a real hot mess.  HOWEVER, a splash in a pour of ER10, is magic.  

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220306_092215.jpg

Big hit with the SEC folx in Knoxville last month!  Animals drank a whole bottle in less than 1 night of de-briefing.  Had to slink my other bottle back to the room to save it for our Mizzou gathering next week.   Already transported to the "Show Me" state - if it doesn't show up, I know who owes me BIG TIME!   🤑

• I like it 1

Rain just came rolling in so no more work today.  I pulled a Wilderness Trail SP out of the back of the bar.  All butterscotch!
O tempora, o mores.

• I like it 3

20220306_160753.thumb.jpg.b67f89a97d9b634a724e193413557608.jpgFinally!

I get a chance to try this one.

I'm letting the neck pour breathe for a while.

It's a real test of my self control 😉

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's a pretty decent percentage of 11 yr juice

20220306_092215.jpg

So what’s your recommendation - yea or nay?

1 hour ago, Rhettro said:

So what’s your recommendation - yea or nay?

Yea.

I will seek out, and buy more.

• I like it 2

22 minutes ago, markandrex said:

MM after dinner pour.

I really don’t need another open bottle. :mellow: After reading your post, for some reason MM is sounding pretty good.  ^_^ Reckon I’ll grab a bottle from the cabinet and join you later. 🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

RRSiB warehouse B while grilling some frankfurters. The food is what the kids wanted and the drink is dad’s choice. 

• I like it 5

As predicted, MM in the glass. 😁🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I had some "back label"  EC12 , which we forget sometimes how great that product (EC12 Small Batch)  used to be.  In my opinion it was THE best value on the shelf when I first discovered this hobby.  EC SmB NAS is still a fine product in relation to today's competition, but one sip of this 12 year reminds you that the current bottling is a shell of its former self. (l'm not including privately selected choice single barrel bottlings which is a different discussion altogether).

The oak in the EC12 was really working for me, so I'm continuing on the oak train with a pour of KC12.  Very similar bourbons actually.

If anything, these two pours perhaps best illustrate the state of bourbon in 2022 versus circa 2015-16.  Both high quality bourbons but one was an everyday shelf bottle found at any liquor store for $30ish and the other is over twice that price and hard to find.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.