What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

What HH does is make the best rye on the planet.  For that, all is forgiven.

I mean you aren't wrong.  However methinks the new kid on the block Brown-Forman (Old Forester, JD, etc) might be in a position to give them some competition at least.  Also a big fan of Beam's ryes.

• I like it 1

A years-old Evan Williams BiB from a metal cup sitting in the 1971 VW Bus prior to mowing the yard. To hell with coffee. 

033B3348-88EC-47F6-9E74-031029333DC2.thumb.jpeg.d7ed8f43202538d5e11feca2dbbe3a34.jpeg

• I like it 11

I’m not sure what I’ll be drinking. I’m headed out to The Bull Pen Bar to participate in a fundraiser for a friend. 😎👍🤞👌

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A years-old Evan Williams BiB from a metal cup sitting in the 1971 VW Bus prior to mowing the yard. To hell with coffee. 

033B3348-88EC-47F6-9E74-031029333DC2.thumb.jpeg.d7ed8f43202538d5e11feca2dbbe3a34.jpeg

I don't know what it is, but whiskey tastes pretty damn good out of a tin cup.

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Old school Baker's. Cheers!

20220423_232352.jpg

That sound perfect after a steak and baked potatoe dinner, I will join you.

• I like it 5

7 minutes ago, markandrex said:

That sound perfect after a steak and baked potatoe dinner, I will join you.

I'll drink to that, cheers!

21 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

JDSBBP 

20220422_234318.jpg

Yowsa, even accounting for the ice cube, that is a soda size drink!  Right on!  I am sure you enjoyed it.  Barrel Proof JD Single Barrel.  It should have came out years earlier than it did.

Sweet tooth took over today.  Angel's Envy Rye.  Finished and oh-so sweet.

Bourbon?  No.

Straight?  Well, finished, so may not count as straight.

Pleasing?  Oh yes.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m not sure what I’ll be drinking. I’m headed out to The Bull Pen Bar to participate in a fundraiser for a friend. 😎👍🤞👌

Biba! Joe 

Tell us what you drank.  Fundraiser for a friend?  I hope all is well!

• I like it 1

Tree guy cut down a big tree in the yard this week.  I planted the first of three trees I plan to plant this weekend.  Time for Old Forester 100.

• I like it 5

48 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Yowsa, even accounting for the ice cube, that is a soda size drink!  Right on!  I am sure you enjoyed it.  Barrel Proof JD Single Barrel.  It should have came out years earlier than it did.

🤣

Nah...it's a small glass.

Seriously.

• I like it 1

Sat at the bar tonight at the Tuckahoe Inn,  watching Celtics-Nets and eating chicken parm over linguini.   The beer was a Yuengling,  and the bourbon was Driftless Glen.   No pic, but trust me, it was all good.    

• I like it 5

My brother gifted me an OF 1920 for Christmas.  I put it in the back corner of the cabinet and admired it from time to time.  Well, finally decided to open it, and I'm enjoying it.  He's getting a nice gift from me next time I see him.  He's tried probably most of the decent stuff on shelves now.  I'm reaching deep into the bunker.

Edited by PaulO
  • I like it 7

6 hours ago, beasled said:

Old school Baker's. Cheers!

20220423_232352.jpg

In reference to British pint volume....  hey at least our whiskey bottles are 750ml 😉 😁

• I like it 1

Earlier this evening I opened a Stellum Bourbon PS, a gift from my Brother @ Christmas.  A very nice dram. 

Having a bit of 4R SmB. SmB always works for me. Has enough complexity and good tastiness to make it dangerous 😁

Cheers

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

In reference to British pint volume....  hey at least our whiskey bottles are 750ml 😉 😁

Touchè! 😉

• I like it 2

On a warm, sunny late afternoon yesterday following a morning of soccer game and grandson #1's birthday party, it seemed like a great time to open the freezer and bring out the bottle of FRYL to inaugurate the "2022 Freezer Bottle" season.  Sooo good, I had to have two (2) drams and promptly fell asleep on the deck!   😴

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

22 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I've found that setting can often influence taste. 

Side note: Any images of the bus? I spent a summer in NM living out of a 1972 Westfalia. 

Side Side note: Nice Best Made mug. Really too bad they got sold, just not the same company anymore.

On topic: Had a little ER last night while watching the Mets drop one to the Dbacks. Will probably finish the bottle off today for the 4pm game.

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Tell us what you drank.  Fundraiser for a friend?  I hope all is well!

Thanks for asking @mbroo5880i. Thing are better now. The fundraiser was for a friends oldest daughter(33). She got Covid, and was in the hospital for about three months. The fundraiser was to help with medical expenses. 

I spent a lot of time talking with folks I hadn’t seen in ages, so I kinda took it easy as far as drinking went. Other than pop, I had a MM double, and one beer. Yeah, I was a good boy. 😇

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

On 4/22/2022 at 6:23 PM, smokinjoe said:

4RSmB on a crystal clear ice ball while having dinner at Sage Lodge in Pray, Montana.  First time to Montana, and it is a stunningly gorgeous part of the country.  

93325FA1-B96B-4BC0-B0CA-A4D1952B7E88.jpeg

Yes it is! 

When we moved to Seattle we drove across Montana on I-90 and I saw the funniest thing. Headed the opposite direction I saw a mid 70's powder blue convertible with its top down. In the back seat was a guy with a cowboy hat on with one hand on the hat to keep it from blowing off. The best part? Guy was in a suit and I swear it was Boss Hogg from the Dukes.

• I like it 5

OF 1897, while I wait for the brisket burnt ends to be done.

This one may go into the regular rotation.

20220424_164634.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.