What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

With all this talk of SBWB, I assumed it was preordained.  Sitting by the pool relaxing with a healthy pour before dinner.

• I like it 2

Picked up a bottle of FRSiB today at Costco.  They have sold it for $37.99 for the longest time.  However, I have noticed that the stocks have dwindled and they are co-mingling bottles from two barrels.  I suspect availability at this price will soon end as it normally runs $47.99 to $54.99 at most retailers.  

The last bottle I bought at Costco was average so I was hesitant.  However, even though the rickhouse location appeared the same, the barrel number looked different.  I took a chance.  Good call.  This one is above average.  I will take that with a single barrel.  

A few pours in and it is worth the price of admission.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Picked up a bottle of FRSiB today at Costco.  They have sold it for $37.99 for the longest time.  However, I have noticed that the stocks have dwindled and they are co-mingling bottles from two barrels.  I suspect availability at this price will soon end as it normally runs $47.99 to $54.99 at most retailers.  

The last bottle I bought at Costco was average so I was hesitant.  However, even though the rickhouse location appeared the same, the barrel number looked different.  I took a chance.  Good call.  This one is above average.  I will take that with a single barrel.  

A few pours in and it is worth the price of admission.

Our local Sam’s Club has been selling FRSB for $39.99 for the longest time. Did some shopping there a few days ago. The new price is $43.99. 😒

Biba! Joe

Bowman Small Batch paired with a chocolate chip cookie to finish off the weekend.  

• I like it 5

24 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My last pour of the weekend.  Plain old Blanton's. 

Plain old Blanton’s. Phfffttt. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

So I haven't posted  as it has been a busy few weeks.  Go a new puppy back the week before memorial day.  Gettin her settled in now.  She and the older dog have been sorting out the pecking order but doing okay (she is winning even though she only weighs 4 lbs).  Was at our RV Site last week celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary.   I managed to finish off some partial bottles including two TX whiskeys and a BT.  Trying to whittle down my RV stash a bit.  My other choices were a Weller OA107 and a Blanton's (not bad backups).  Glad to be back now.

IMG_2105.thumb.jpeg.7b7b06730bc90918836ffc8ca28af413.jpegIMG_2140.thumb.jpeg.66ef2f2e92690e6ab28e6a8b2cb132f3.jpegIMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.11e221c860c739fdaf274c8e8d6eb20b.jpeg

• I like it 17

7 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

So I haven't posted  as it has been a busy few weeks.  Go a new puppy back the week before memorial day.  Gettin her settled in now.  She and the older dog have been sorting out the pecking order but doing okay (she is winning even though she only weighs 4 lbs).  Was at our RV Site last week celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary.   I managed to finish off some partial bottles including two TX whiskeys and a BT.  Trying to whittle down my RV stash a bit.  My other choices were a Weller OA107 and a Blanton's (not bad backups).  Glad to be back now.

IMG_2105.thumb.jpeg.7b7b06730bc90918836ffc8ca28af413.jpegIMG_2140.thumb.jpeg.66ef2f2e92690e6ab28e6a8b2cb132f3.jpegIMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.11e221c860c739fdaf274c8e8d6eb20b.jpeg

Happy 48th to you and the Mrs!  
Congrats on the new puppy. 
Raising a glass of 4R SiB to you and the wife.  Cheers!

8 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

.  Was at our RV Site last week celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary. 

Happy anniversary!

6 hours ago, n811 said:

This right here is absolutely delicious. 

699D4242-2C22-4D14-AE26-AD36EAFC34BB.jpeg

This isn;t the first positive post I've seen on this recently.  Since they are nearby I tried a couple when they first came out and their sourced bottles were so bad I had to dump them down the drain.

Haven't tried their bourbon so I'll pick one this week.

44 minutes ago, TunnelTiger said:

This isn;t the first positive post I've seen on this recently.  Since they are nearby I tried a couple when they first came out and their sourced bottles were so bad I had to dump them down the drain.

You should correct this, go back and give their homemade juice a whirl. @n811 is right - it’s delicious. 

14 hours ago, n811 said:

This right here is absolutely delicious. 

699D4242-2C22-4D14-AE26-AD36EAFC34BB.jpeg

7 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

6 hours ago, Rhettro said:

You should correct this, go back and give their homemade juice a whirl. @n811 is right - it’s delicious. 

I like my 111 too.   If you can get the 111 I'd skip the 91. 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

WRVFR  on National Bourbon Day.  Cheers!

WRVFR?   Phonetically it sounds like something the school teacher in Peanuts might say. 

• I like it 1

Bottle kill of George Dickel 15yr single barrel K&L pick @ 84.4 barrel proof.  According to K&L this is just shy of 18 yo and is so delicious!  The low proof doesn't mute the flavors at all, which are deep, complex and intense.  An incredible value at $55. 

• I like it 1

It's hot as sin all week, and some OF1920 on a cube is hitting the spot. 

C556B9AE-99ED-491E-8905-EAA952B1A7BA.jpeg

1FB30274-2E79-456A-BD9F-1F9EDEC91361.jpeg

• I like it 6

42 minutes ago, Kepler said:

WRVFR?   Phonetically it sounds like something the school teacher in Peanuts might say. 

🤣🤣🤣

I didn't see that until you mentioned it and then I heard it loud and clear. Hilarious.

• I like it 1

53 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

It's hot as sin all week, and some OF1920 on a cube is hitting the spot. 

C556B9AE-99ED-491E-8905-EAA952B1A7BA.jpeg

1FB30274-2E79-456A-BD9F-1F9EDEC91361.jpeg

That tight metal ring on the bottom of that glass. Is that a coaster, I presume? Either way, it’s a cool vessel. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.