What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

That tight metal ring on the bottom of that glass. Is that a coaster, I presume? Either way, it’s a cool vessel. 

Yup, it's a 1982 World Series champ STL Cardinals coaster. 

• I like it 2

National Bourbon Day led me to another dram of the new Uncle Nearest 1883. This second pour from the bottle confirms that it is indeed really good stuff.

I followed that with an eleven year old PS EC SiB 94 proofer. Copped it a couple of years ago and I’ve been nursing it since. It’s my only bottle from this barrel and she’s a beaut. 

Jeffersons Voyage 24.  I don't care if it's finished (so technically not straight) and a gimmick.  It's sooooo smooth and sweet.  It's the 2nd bourbon the Wifey liked (she prefers red wine and her hard liquor as Pisco with sour) and the only bourbon I've seen her enjoy neat (the ER required ice for her tastes).

I hope heretics don't get banned.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

WRVFR?   Phonetically it sounds like something the school teacher in Peanuts might say. 

Woodford Reserve - VeryFine Rare

i get the Peanuts though.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Jeffersons Voyage 24.  I don't care if it's finished (so technically not straight) and a gimmick.  It's sooooo smooth and sweet.  It's the 2nd bourbon the Wifey liked (she prefers red wine and her hard liquor as Pisco with sour) and the only bourbon I've seen her enjoy neat (the ER required ice for her tastes).

I hope heretics don't get banned.

You like what you like and there's nothing wrong with that 😉

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

You like what you like and there's nothing wrong with that 😉

Agree with this advice 100%.  You like what  you and don't like those that you don't no matters others taste.

Over the last several years I've tried several bottles of  BT and ER and while very popular to me the taste is just off.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, TunnelTiger said:

Agree with this advice 100%.  You like what  you and don't like those that you don't no matters others taste.

Over the last several years I've tried several bottles of  BT and ER and while very popular to me the taste is just off.

Same here.  

The only way I truly enjoy ER is to put a splash of Stagg Jr. in it.

Starting the evening with a fine 2017 WLW.  I’m liking these Weller Wednesdays.

• I like it 7

21 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Oh Hi, hope everyone around these parts is doing well 

20220615_193614.jpg

Hey Kevin, Good to see you back in the forums!  Four Roses OBSF on the turntable.  I like the sound of that!

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Hey Kevin, Good to see you back in the forums!  Four Roses OBSF on the turntable.  I like the sound of that!

Doesn't taste half bad at that, thanks!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Knob Creek 9 year bottle kill at the hotel for lunch….

45EEC4F4-39A2-4042-B702-284AA1285683.thumb.jpeg.89411f5f9bc623264fb0216018a0bf8a.jpeg

And to think, me and Rudy only had a Diet Pepsi.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  However, I really did have a Diet Pepsi.

Channeling MY MAN @Harry in WashDC with a pour of OGDBIB although I pulled mine from the pantry instead of the trash can so I'm not living up to his high standards. 

• I like it 7

I decided to have a pour or two of FRSB this evening. This bottle is every bit as good as the last time I had a pour from it. Sweet, fruity, floral on entry. Mild spice and a nice warming shows up mid palate. More spice and a little smoke on a long warm finish. This is one helluva bottle. I can only hope the next FRSB I purchase is equally as good. 🥰

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Took off work early today to visit a friend that works at the Vortex in midtown  just a simple J&C to get things started. 

02C64F6C-43B9-4EC0-B58E-E7FD8396799A.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 2

Straight to the source - MGP or whatever it's called nowadays...

George Remus in the glass.

I can't believe how much I have enjoyed this bottle; 1 more pour to oblivion (OMPTO)

• I like it 4

47 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Straight to the source - MGP or whatever it's called nowadays...

George Remus in the glass.

I can't believe how much I have enjoyed this bottle; 1 more pour to oblivion (OMPTO)

MGP's 36% rye mashbill recipe is one of THE great bourbons,  IMO.   It's sweeter than, say, the OF 1897 I'm sipping now,  but when you get a good bottle of this,  it's bourbon heaven.   I sure wish that MGP distributed their own name brands in PA.  

• I like it 2

FR SBS before dinner. Been a minute since I’ve had this and don’t know why.

• I like it 3

There are some days when I have a “This is the best whiskey I’ve ever had!”, moment.  Right now, it’s KC9 on a a couple of cubes.  Total WOW!  While I know this bourbon is good as I’ve tasted from dozens of bottles of it (including this one), I know it’s not as good as it tastes right now.  But, I am not going to argue, and simply accept this experience as a gift from above!

E669CC3E-7A92-430A-B2FA-3EF740DE8906.jpeg

• I like it 9

I’m having a WT Thursday.  WTKS (Camp Nelson Special) after dinner.

• I like it 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, JCwhammie said:

It's hot as sin all week, and some OF1920 on a cube is hitting the spot. 

C556B9AE-99ED-491E-8905-EAA952B1A7BA.jpeg

1FB30274-2E79-456A-BD9F-1F9EDEC91361.jpeg

I like that glass

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.