What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Mano said:

Got these this week at the state run liquor store.

20220602_225441.thumb.jpg.37e2bbb4cd8d3c61026c0ae6cfa6a1e2.jpg

I believe that meets and exceeds the minimum standard for a productive week!  Well done!  ✊

• I like it 1

Okay, so it's not technically (or otherwise) bourbon, but I did pick them up at the liquor store tonight.  Asbach in memory of my dear old dad, who died seven years ago today.  I would buy Asbach Uralt brandy for dad every year at Christmas, and I couldn't get out of the house until I had a pour with him. I think he would have enjoyed the upgrade to the 15 yo version. 

Rye because, well, I am 54 years old, and about to drink my first ever straight rye.  It was Wild Turkey or Old Forester at $25.99 apiece, and I'm pretty well represented in the OF lineup right now. 

IMG_20220603_220212.jpg

• I like it 8

To echo @Mano,

I picked up a few items at the state abc store in Orem this afternoon.

I didn't realize until I got home that the Blanton's was dumped on April Fools Day, my birthday!! Yay

Pat

20220603_190443.jpg

Edited by Patrick_OKC
  • I like it 9

26 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Okay, so it's not technically (or otherwise) bourbon, but I did pick them up at the liquor store tonight.  Asbach in memory of my dear old dad, who died seven years ago today.  I would buy Asbach Uralt brandy for dad every year at Christmas, and I couldn't get out of the house until I had a pour with him. I think he would have enjoyed the upgrade to the 15 yo version. 

Rye because, well, I am 54 years old, and about to drink my first ever straight rye.  It was Wild Turkey or Old Forester at $25.99 apiece, and I'm pretty well represented in the OF lineup right now. 

IMG_20220603_220212.jpg

Well done.  Cheers to you and the memory of all our dads. 🍻

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Thomm said:

Asbach in memory of my dear old dad

Cheers to Dads and Asbach.  My father still pours some for me, ever since I lived a spell in Germany.  And Godspeed to your Da'.

• I like it 1

This isn’t too hard to come by for $28-32 in my neck of the woods and most of the time I pass, but for this price i went ahead and relieved Sam’s Club of the burden of waiting for someone else to take it.

6FAE68D6-99BC-4A7C-8417-59577F8ED595.jpeg

• I like it 5

56 minutes ago, ThomasGazelle said:

This isn’t too hard to come by for $28-32 in my neck of the woods and most of the time I pass, but for this price i went ahead and relieved Sam’s Club of the burden of waiting for someone else to take it.

Nice grab @ThomasGazelle. Our local Meijers stores sometimes have BT on sale for $22.99. An odd thing about our Sam’s Club is that when they have BT, it’s liters priced at $27.98. 🤔

Biba!  Joe

Happened to be in Bardstown yesterday and while waiting for my wife drove over to BBC to look around.  Left with these new bottles of Discovery#7 and Fusion#7.  Haven't tried either yet but I have to think they will continue the tradition of excellent bourbon from BBC.

175D06D5-6998-4278-B27E-818BB43093C6_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpg

• I like it 6

19 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Happened to be in Bardstown yesterday and while waiting for my wife drove over to BBC to look around.  Left with these new bottles of Discovery#7 and Fusion#7.  Haven't tried either yet but I have to think they will continue the tradition of excellent bourbon from BBC.

While waiting for your wife? Yeah, uh huh……. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

30 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Actually, yes.  I let her out on 3rd street to shop, and I go do my thing.  We meet up later for lunch.  Works for us . . . and always nice to visit Bardstown.

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Actually, yes.  I let her out on 3rd street to shop, and I go do my thing.  We meet up later for lunch.  Works for us . . . and always nice to visit Bardstown.

Just kidding with you @Kyjd75. Have you ever stopped at Hadorn’s Bakery in Bardstown?  

Biba! Joe

No, but every time I drive by it I tell myself I need to!  We have several places we enjoy eating at, but lately one of our favorites has been Cafe Primo.

Edited by Kyjd75
  • I like it 1

731D9B50-A058-4CDC-B462-2B954D50C654.thumb.jpeg.c57b9888e7e6feca5520193c40b1f9f1.jpeg

June lottery.. over 550 bottles, i got 540th😂. Glad this was still there. 

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

175D06D5-6998-4278-B27E-818BB43093C6_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpg

I haven’t tried the fusion but the discovery is excellent!  Enjoy.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

Looking forward to going back to BBC one day.  Had a good time there in 2019.

4 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

No, but every time I drive by it I tell myself I need to!  We have several places we enjoy eating at, but lately one of our favorites has been Cafe Primo.

If you ever stop at Hadorn’s ya’ gotta try their yum yums. They’re great. After @Vosgar and I stopped there and tried them once, that was all she wrote. On every trip to Bardstown after that, we made it a point to stop there and grab a couple. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

As far I know. Business Entity means a natural or legal person, business corporation, professional services corporation, limited liability company, partnership

Is bourbon a legal business entity. I heard That Bourbon company has the New Business Models Worth Considering for Craft Distilleries. Distilleries is not legal in some state. Here in New Mexico according to new-mexico secretary of state corporation and business entity search  it is illegal to distill spirits.

16 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

"to look around" 🤣 oh man, love it

12 hours ago, markandrex said:

I haven’t tried the fusion but the discovery is excellent!  Enjoy.

I concur on the discovery, and the fusion is darn fine too!

6 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220607_121045.jpg

20220607_121100.jpg

What is it??? And where’d u get it?

I was dropping off a dozen doughnuts to a local LS and these followed me home.

6566536F-9B90-4053-B339-F1C687DBD5DF.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 6/5/2022 at 10:26 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

If you ever stop at Hadorn’s ya’ gotta try their yum yums. They’re great. After @Vosgar and I stopped there and tried them once, that was all she wrote. On every trip to Bardstown after that, we made it a point to stop there and grab a couple. 😋

Biba! Joe

We are putting that on our "to do" list for sure.

• I like it 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:21 AM, PaulO said:

"to look around" 🤣 oh man, love it

I'm afraid that sometimes those of us fortunate enough to live in central Ky take it for granted that casually driving over to a distillery or two and "looking around" is just a perfectly normal activity for folks in these parts. 😉

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.