What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

What is it??? And where’d u get it?

It's 24 year  pre-fire HH whiskey.  It spent 12 years in Kentucky and another 12 in Scotland, then stored in SS tanks until it was bottled.     Not sure how, or why, it ended up Scotland.  It's not supposed to be overly oaky,  because the weather changes aren't as intense in Scotland.  It's an oddball, that's for sure.   

A buddy of mine who does stellar picks, did this one and it was made available to our group, (via lottery as only 30 bottles were available).     

• I like it 3

I finally made good on a friendly bet that I made with a coworker after I tore my rotator cuff at work in the fall of 2019. Long story short, I  had a bottle of CR Apple in my bourbon room for a few months, and I finally delivered it to him today. 😇

Since @Galvin0791  lives near my friends house, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I visited Mike and we talked a while and did a bottle and sample swap. 😎 Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all. :D

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 7

I am interested to hear your thoughts on magnus cigar blend vs remus repeal. I know youve had the cigar blend. i love them both but the cigar wins hands down

11 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

I am interested to hear your thoughts on magnus cigar blend vs remus repeal. I know youve had the cigar blend. i love them both but the cigar wins hands down

Well @FasterHorses, I thought that @Galvin0791 had previously given me a sample of the Cigar Blend before. He informed me today that he didn’t. It was a different Magnus. 🙄 It’s hell getting old. 😬

Biba! Joe

Nothing exoctic. A WT101, OF100, OFR100 and my first bottle of Rebel 100.  Out the door for $115 so it was a good day.

• I like it 8

4 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

Nothing exoctic. ... so it was a good day.

sounds like a great day for sittin' and sippin' on good ol' solid stuff.  good choices

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

now I'm curious.  I like repeal but not had cigar blend, need to go look for it now

• I like it 1

Haven't seen RRSB round me in a bit,  off on a fishing trip and found some.

20220609_162514.thumb.jpg.4003788e1e0388cd3b8e79af6a25c50b.jpg

Edited by Bourbon Scout
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, Bourbon Scout said:

Haven't seen RRSB round me in a bit,  off on a fishing trip and found some.

20220609_162514.thumb.jpg.4003788e1e0388cd3b8e79af6a25c50b.jpg

It looks like someone poured a drink or two out of the RRSiB.  I hope you got a discount!  😀

Edited by mbroo5880i

18 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It looks like someone poured a drink or two out of the RRSiB.  I hope you got a discount!  😀

I may, or may not be the culprit??

• I like it 4

I'm out of state visiting some family (in a town of about 1,500 people). A few of us went to the liquor store to pick up some beer. I saw the BT, and decided that would be nice to have as a nightcap. When I walked up to the counter I see a bottle of W12 without a price tag. I asked how much. He said he'd have to search for the price. After about 5 minutes he came back and said $50. Kudos to this store for selling at msrp. 

EFE84305-1042-470B-AA96-8D0DBB2901A8.jpeg

• I like it 18

45 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm out of state visiting some family (in a town of about 1,500 people). A few of us went to the liquor store to pick up some beer. I saw the BT, and decided that would be nice to have as a nightcap. When I walked up to the counter I see a bottle of W12 without a price tag. I asked how much. He said he'd have to search for the price. After about 5 minutes he came back and said $50. Kudos to this store for selling at msrp. 

Everyonce in a while @JCwhammie. 👍 Nice grabs. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Couple grabs this week. The 1.75 OF86 has been put into play for freezer refill purposes...

20220609_083409.jpg.931c5384787dc3ca2441dab5d64267c2.jpg

• I like it 11

6 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Couple grabs this week. The 1.75 OF86 has been put into play for freezer refill purposes...

I might have to follow your lead @bayouredd.  OF 86 has become my freezer bottle, and I only have two or three 375s left. We may be going out shopping later today, so…….. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I might have to follow your lead @bayouredd.  OF 86 has become my freezer bottle, and I only have two or three 375s left. We may be going out shopping later today, so…….. 😉

Biba! Joe

I wasn’t lying. 😉I grabbed an OF 86 handle, and a ps BT handle to boot. 😁 That should hold me for a………. uh, never mind.-_-

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 7

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I wasn’t lying. 😉I grabbed an OF 86 handle, and a ps BT handle to boot. 😁 That should hold me for a………. uh, never mind.-_-

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

Hey @fishnbowljoe, you must have a mighty BIG freezer to fit that 1.75L jug of OF!  But then, I shoulda' guessed.   😂

• I like it 4

Stopped by my local on the way home from work Friday primarily for cocktail ingredients. Saw that they got another delivery of BT so I snagged another. Also saw that they had more WTRB and since it’s now officially hard to find my new policy is to buy on sight and maintain a stockpile. Totally sad that it’s come to this. 
Then the big surprise. While checking out the owner said “hold on a sec” and went to the back and came out with the RHF. Said they just got a case for the first time in 2 years. 

Im sipping on that RHF as I type this and it’s lovely. 

9BDA3B82-4612-4256-AD3E-2F4A1D523579.jpeg

• I like it 15

On 6/9/2022 at 9:40 PM, JCwhammie said:

Wait, the population is around 1,500, and they have a liquor store? They must have 15 grocery stores. JK

1 hour ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Wait, the population is around 1,500, and they have a liquor store? They must have 15 grocery stores. JK

Im pretty sure liquor helps keep the population growing.  😁

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Stopped by my local on the way home from work Friday primarily for cocktail ingredients. Saw that they got another delivery of BT so I snagged another. Also saw that they had more WTRB and since it’s now officially hard to find my new policy is to buy on sight and maintain a stockpile. Totally sad that it’s come to this. 
Then the big surprise. While checking out the owner said “hold on a sec” and went to the back and came out with the RHF. Said they just got a case for the first time in 2 years. 

WTRB is one of my favorites, very underrated,

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Hey @fishnbowljoe, you must have a mighty BIG freezer to fit that 1.75L jug of OF!  But then, I shoulda' guessed.   😂

Well @GeeTen, it was all part of my master plan. 🧐

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I like it 6

In Evansville IN area for the day, LS hopping netted some results not available in AR, or considerably cheaper.  Found BB Fusion #s, 5, 6, and 7 spread around different stores, picked up another 5 & 6, had 7 at the tour in April and frankly it didn't impress.  Big score was the DC dbl barreled for Ducks Unlimited, really like this one and have wanted a few more but no joy until Sat.   I didn't clear the shelf either, but it was tempting...Resizer_16550024983781.thumb.jpeg.1dc9329a1f48ee1e77231283d199a7cd.jpeg

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, flahute said:

I didn't know that the WTRB was hard to find. Is that a regional thing?

Last month, they had cases of it, and WTRB rye, at the package store in Norfolk.

Maybe I'll ask Mom to snag me one, next time she hits the base.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.