What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

found this today. 

6E280F8A-F16D-4AB2-A53D-952FFB3171AC.jpeg

Just released this and bib right?

Just now, FasterHorses said:

That’s my understanding. I’d heard it was hitting other markets this week, so when I hit the road to Pittsburgh today, I was hoping to find it. Stopped into a honey hole in MD and wouldn’t you know, there it was. Purchased a BiB, too - but that’s stashed in the trunk of my truck out front of the hotel. 

I also stopped into a local Pittsburgh shop by the hotel and they also had this sitting on the shelf. No BiB, but i was happy to grab an extra Triple Mash to open tonight. $39.99 OTD. Good stuff, too. As a JD fanboy I’m quite pleased with it tonight. It’s all dark cherry-banana bubblegum.

Worth noting that both this Triple Mash and the BiB bottles are only 700mL. They’re really good lookin’ but not to typical American standards. 

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

48 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

That’s my understanding. I’d heard it was hitting other markets this week, so when I hit the road to Pittsburgh today, I was hoping to find it. Stopped into a honey hole in MD and wouldn’t you know, there it was. Purchased a BiB, too - but that’s stashed in the trunk of my truck out front of the hotel. 

I also stopped into a local Pittsburgh shop by the hotel and they also had this sitting on the shelf. No BiB, but i was happy to grab an extra Triple Mash to open tonight. $39.99 OTD. Good stuff, too. As a JD fanboy I’m quite pleased with it tonight. It’s all dark cherry-banana bubblegum.

Worth noting that both this Triple Mash and the BiB bottles are only 700mL. They’re really good lookin’ but not to typical American standards. 

I posted the news about the new JD releases earlier today in the Industry News thread. 🙂 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Finally! 🥳 As @GeeTen said the other day, “right place, right time”. 🙂

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 16

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

Well, well - a Stagg that still has "JR" and a Weller Full Proof store pick.

The only stuff I ever see from Frankfort is: standard BT, Benchmark, and Fireball.

35 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Well, well - a Stagg that still has "JR" and a Weller Full Proof store pick.

The only stuff I ever see from Frankfort is: standard BT, Benchmark, and Fireball.

I literally haven’t seen a Stagg Jr in two/three years, or more. I didn’t hesitate a minute in snapping it up. Curious thing though, possible distributor shenanigans? This is a Batch #16 130.9 proof from last summer. 🤔 

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

...Curious thing though, possible distributor shenanigans? This is a Batch #16 130.9 proof from last summer. ...

when you figure that out, let me know how last winter of 2021 a huge pile of 2020 GTS hit our system, huge, when they aren't putting out a 2021 as it would be inferior 15 year.  But I'm not complaining, just ran into many cases of dickel BIB #1 2019 for $36/bottle

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

when you figure that out, let me know how last winter of 2021 a huge pile of 2020 GTS hit our system, huge, when they aren't putting out a 2021 as it would be inferior 15 year.  But I'm not complaining, just ran into many cases of dickel BIB #1 2019 for $36/bottle

Trying to figure out this kinda 💩 can be like trying to fit something oval into something rectangular, then setting in something square, and finally topping the whole thing off by inserting something round. :blink:

Biba! Joe 

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Trying to figure out this kinda 💩 can be like trying to fit something oval into something rectangular, then setting in something square, and finally topping the whole thing off by inserting something round. :blink:

Biba! Joe 

Wait! What???   😅

Think I need more coffee before I try to read that again . . . . . . .  🤩

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I literally haven’t seen a Stagg Jr in two/three years, or more. I didn’t hesitate a minute in snapping it up. Curious thing though, possible distributor shenanigans? This is a Batch #16 130.9 proof from last summer. 🤔 

Biba! Joe

The only Stagg Jr or Weller Fp I see is behind the counter and it’s at least $300 a bottle 

2 hours ago, yobber76 said:

The only Stagg Jr or Weller Fp I see is behind the counter and it’s at least $300 a bottle 

This

Weller days continue in Ohio.  Flying monkeys found 13 SR and 3 A107's at MSRP.  One store at a time, one bottle at a time, all over the state.  Sadly none of the other labels.  Still, a very nice haul, good reserve for times when they disappear.  Not sure if I'm a Weller Whore just yet.  Perhaps a novice strumpet?

One called Blood Oath is evidently all the rage.  That's how we were able to finally get a couple of A107's, the regulars had picked up the BO's first.  I do not know anything about those beyond what a quick google revealed.

The FAE-02 is to replace an empty from a few weeks ago.  The ECTB was a gift from the store manager for my birthday (tomorrow).

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

Not sure if I'm a Weller Whore just yet.  Perhaps a novice strumpet?

"Novice Strumpet" - love it!   😂

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

Damn you Joe 🤤

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Damn you Joe 🤤

😢

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

😢

Of course I was just razzing.  Great score there Joe! 

😀

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Of course I was just razzing.  Great score there Joe! 

😀

🫣

My favorite local store had KC12 and a KCSB they picked...got both of them at good prices too. 

• I like it 5

Little shopping today yielded:

WSR 35 (from "the back", also saw a shelf full at 40 at another store)

JJB 70 (ouch, also saw at 68)

Blantons 64 (from "the back", the dude said it was the first one that he had gotten in a long time) 

Rare Breed 49  (saw lots of these, as high as 89.)

Pikesville Rye 49

• I like it 6

Rainy days are poopy days - trapped inside, and most of the house-work/repairs got done during COVID.  HENCE!  I manufactured a road trip FOR ME!!  Waited for my wife to lie down on the couch with her reading materials then announced that the cats are out of dry cat food so I was going to the store.  I was told to pick up some frozen garlic bread and a dozen eggs.  The grocery is two doors away from a small liquor store I frequent.

I picked up only staples - one 750 each of Ritt ($26), EWW (hadn't had any EW BIB in awhile and it was $3 off MSRP), and 4R YL (for the freezer and ditto $3 off).  Augmented the grocery purchases with three cans of Chef Boyardee Ravioli which I surreptitiously consume while doing yard work.  I think "they" put crack in the ravioli.  AND in the 4R.:o

• I like it 9

Went to the last store I had seen JDSBBP months ago, and they had another.  So, home it came.  As it’s Kentucky Derby Day, I couldn’t resist the Derby Woodford bottle just down the shelf…🤗

7C615957-B019-4B3D-A39C-43E5BAC5CC01.jpeg

• I like it 8

I saw on here EW SiB is going to be a Kentucky only release.  I have never tried it as I normally drink 100+ proof and only have the BiB on my shel, but with it going away I grabbed the last bottle at the liquor store.

ewsib.jpg.be9967a408b3a61db81e9403132eae23.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.