What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing exotic today...and MM101 is gone from the shelves again...so just grabbed a regular MM and a bottle of standard Woodford. Gotta make my last MM101 last...bottle of EC is about gone too...

• I like it 3

C8C1B8BE-41EC-48DC-8B1C-8AF7433A517D.thumb.jpeg.0bd451c03588ee48157bee1036be093a.jpeg

found a couple of these chattanooga (LDi)375’s today. 

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Mrs. Clueby did a bit of online shopping.

20220510_193922.jpg

It's funny but I can ONLY find MM101 in Missouri!!!  Go figure . . . . .  🥵

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

It's funny but I can ONLY find MM101 in Missouri!!!  Go figure . . . . .  🥵

Really? I’ve seen spattering of it around from time to time. Never seen any AA in our region of the arctic though.

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, mal00768 said:

Really? I’ve seen spattering of it around from time to time. Never seen any AA in our region of the arctic though.

Really?  I have both of those around here.  Nota  big fan of regular makers, is the 101 worth trying?

Isn't ancient age a bottom shelf bourbon?

MM 101 had been plentiful in my area for quite a while, so I’d buy a bottle every now and then. I’m glad I stocked up. As of late, it’s been a bit hit or miss finding it on the shelves in my area. To be honest, more miss than hit. 🫤

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, hughewil said:

Really?  I have both of those around here.  Nota  big fan of regular makers, is the 101 worth trying?

Isn't ancient age a bottom shelf bourbon?

I’m with you regarding the Makers Mark but 101 is supposedly worth trying. Yeah, AA is bottom shelf but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it here in MA. Geeten and I hunt in the same stores. But he’s old and crafty so he usually does better than me.

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 4

For those of you that are on the fence, and that have access to MM 101 at a decent price, I’d say give it a try. MM was my gateway bourbon many years ago. As I got more into bourbon, I kind of abandoned it for “other things”. Not sure what happened, but I eventually came around again to MM along with it’s other variations. I’m so glad I did. I really like MM 101. IMHO, it’s the best of the regular Maker’s product line. YMMV. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 10

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

For those of you that are on the fence, and that have access to MM 101 at a decent price, I’d say give it a try. MM was my gateway bourbon many years ago. As I got more into bourbon, I kind of abandoned it for “other things”. Not sure what happened, but I eventually came around again to MM along with it’s other variations. I’m so glad I did. I really like MM 101. IMHO, it’s the best of the regular Maker’s product line. YMMV. 🙂

Biba! Joe

Cannot argue with this.  Variations of MM, including the basic 90 proof (of which I have one 750), are crowding out my Baker's collection on top of a china cabinet.  I love those 375  ml "samplers".  A bonus - the three pickers at one of my purveyors have a combined palate that fits mine (as I've bragged here on SB a lot 'cause it is true), and they've done multiple MM barrel picks over the last couple years. 

• I like it 2

Stumbled on a CEHT SB today and got it out the door for $43, but MM101, Bulliet 10 and many others, not getting replenished around here...

• I like it 4

7 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Stumbled on a CEHT SB today and got it out the door for $43, but MM101, Bulliet 10 and many others, not getting replenished around here...

Are you bragging or complaining?

😜

EHT small batch “was” a favorite daily of mine that has seemingly gone the way of the dodo.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

9 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Are you bragging or complaining?

😜

YES!!!

Pretty much a dodo here also. I've seen 2 bottles in 3 years & no SiBs. However, gift horse ya know...

• I like it 3

Visiting my son in Seattle this week and bought a bottle of Cooper's Craft 100, which is not distributed to CA where I live.  Holy crow, look at the taxes they charge!

CC-100 Receipt.jpg

A handle of WT101 at my local Costco for $24.97!!! Gotta love Costco closeouts!

• I like it 7

I attended a "Rye-day the 13th" tasting tonight. There was a mini lottery at the end. Missed out on EC18 and MWND but there was plenty of what's in the pic.

The rye tasting was blind and had EC Rye, HW DR, Piggy Back, Old Elk, Seagrass, Willett 4 yr, and Hard Truth.  I forgot how tasty Double Rye is.

20220513_200202.jpg

• I like it 7

The Bourbon Gods have been smiling down on me for a while now, and I’ve been pretty lucky. I’m gonna ride this streak out as long as I can, and hopefully I’ll still have a little luck left.🤞

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 8

A fun LS experience after a long week at work. They thought I might like the Willett pair and held them for me— who am I to refuse? I was then informed of a 20% discount in effect— so still no bargain, but $190 & $120 for the 9yo Bourbon and 7yo Rye respectively. 

BFCB4C76-0A7B-4E1A-A245-3107F52B70D9.thumb.jpeg.58a2686d0f91c5ea6d9468a5724712d5.jpeg

• I like it 8

8 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A fun LS experience after a long week at work. They thought I might like the Willett pair and held them for me— who am I to refuse? I was then informed of a 20% discount in effect— so still no bargain, but $190 & $120 for the 9yo Bourbon and 7yo Rye respectively. 

BFCB4C76-0A7B-4E1A-A245-3107F52B70D9.thumb.jpeg.58a2686d0f91c5ea6d9468a5724712d5.jpeg

Has WFE released more purple top recently?   Was hard to find with age, now seeing it appear suddenly, or is it just me?

2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Has WFE released more purple top recently?   Was hard to find with age, now seeing it appear suddenly, or is it just me?

This the first time I've seen it outside of a retailer-specific pick— the single cask outturn must have been spread around the state/region. This particular retailer received one bottle of each. Based on the coding on the back-- the bourbon and rye were probably paired from the start.

IMG_8015.thumb.jpg.0945accf7f2e9cb0d96d7b0920279a16.jpg

• I like it 3

Went to Louisville with the wife to enjoy the city.  I picked these up and the second pair was waiting for me from the MM Whisky Drop.

181FE88D-A7D4-482D-8060-D321FFB41505.jpeg

00AF6852-D4BC-4422-BAF4-4EAA6BC61FF6.jpeg

• I like it 5

On 5/11/2022 at 1:41 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Me been drinking it this week.  Local Costco has it for $28.49.  One of the few bourbons that has gone down in price over time and has become more available.  I prefer it over MM CS.  

On 5/13/2022 at 9:23 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

The Bourbon Gods have been smiling down on me for a while now, and I’ve been pretty lucky. I’m gonna ride this streak out as long as I can, and hopefully I’ll still have a little luck left.🤞

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

Not sure what I am looking at?  Did you pick up another Minion?  😜

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.