What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, IamMatt said:

Visiting my son in Seattle this week and bought a bottle of Cooper's Craft 100, which is not distributed to CA where I live.  Holy crow, look at the taxes they charge!

CC-100 Receipt.jpg

WTF.  Almost 30% tax!  So, I had to look up the liquor liter tax.  The tax is $14.27 per gallon.  Good thing it doesn't apply to milk.  I can't help but thinking Steve @flahute was behind this.  If barrel selects become too expensive for the average Joe, he can have them all to himself.  Brilliant!  😀

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

WTF.  Almost 30% tax!  So, I had to look up the liquor liter tax.  The tax is $14.27 per gallon.  Good thing it doesn't apply to milk.  I can't help but thinking Steve @flahute was behind this.  If barrel selects become too expensive for the average Joe, he can have them all to himself.  Brilliant!  😀

Ha! Wish it worked that way. People around here are all too willing to pay the high prices. Lines for everything.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Ha! Wish it worked that way. People around here are all too willing to pay the high prices. Lines for everything.

I know.  Just giving you the business.  Those taxes are unreal.  Yet, they are real.

Edited by mbroo5880i

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I know.  Just giving you the business.  Those taxes are unreal.  Yet, they are real.

Now you know my pain!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not sure what I am looking at?  Did you pick up another Minion?  😜

Well  @mbroo5880i…………. Not another Minion, but my son took the grandkids to a game place a while back. My grandson is pretty good with a claw machine. Even a gigantic one. 😲 He was delighted to present me with a huge Grogu/Baby Yoda. 🤗

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.602917c9987e52511abb8191121a669a.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Now you know my pain!

Not thumbs upping your pain but recognizing that I understand that you live on the liberal coast.

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well  @mbroo5880i…………. Not another Minion, but my son took the grandkids to a game place a while back. My grandson is pretty good with a claw machine. Even a gigantic one. 😲 He was delighted to present me with a huge Grogu/Baby Yoda. 🤗

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.602917c9987e52511abb8191121a669a.jpeg

That's cool!  And it looks like you have two bottles of WFP.  That's cool too!

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's cool!  And it looks like you have two bottles of WFP.  That's cool too!

Long story short, a semi-local store finally got their Weller FP pick in, along with a couple of other decent things. Limit one bottle per customer period, not one bottle of each. Of course I picked the Weller FP. As a bonus, the store manager graciously allowed me to purchase a Stagg JR too. 😎 My wonderful wife went to the store later and purchased another Weller FP for me. 🥰  As @Vosgar said more than once, we both married way above our station in life. FWIW, I’m gonna share my good fortune. As long as he doesn’t give me too much 💩, the Stagg JR is intended to eventually end up with my nephew @Galvin0791. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

In fairness to Washington (not words I often use to describe Left Coast policies), they do not have an income tax.  So like TX & FL (to which they otherwise do not compare), they aggressively make up for the lack on all other taxes - property, sales, etc.

11 hours ago, flahute said:

We toured the Copperworks Distillery in Seattle and they said because they don't charge the tax on out-of-state sales, it is actually cheaper to buy from them and have them ship it than to buy from them and take it home. 

On 5/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, hughewil said:

Really?  I have both of those around here.  Nota  big fan of regular makers, is the 101 worth trying?

Isn't ancient age a bottom shelf bourbon?

Not a regular MM fan either but i picked up a Makers CS and it is an outstanding bottle. Oatmeal raisin cookies, I am really enjoying it. 

• I like it 2

Went to Kentucky 3 weeks ago.  All this came home with me. 

I have added a few as well.  My local ABC stores have been dry for past 2 yrs, literally only 1 brand or 2 on the shelves.  Quite sickening.

MM46, OF 1910, WT101, EW 1837 have been added since.  Trying to stock back up, been 2 yrs of woodford and Elijah 

Got notification of a BT allocation coming soon, hopefully it includes some bottles I am out of since this dry spell.

20220423_181545.jpg

Edited by Bourbon Scout
  • I like it 5

If you look in the pic and Find the Cuervitas from Glenns Creek.  Not a fan.  Tasted all their bottles and that is what I liked.  

After bringing home and opening it taste like the smell of a soap I have called mohagany and leather.  Literally.

• I like it 1

John J. Bowman Single Barrel at a good price.  I picked that up and passed on the JD Bonded 700 mL.

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

John J. Bowman Single Barrel at a good price.  I picked that up and passed on the JD Bonded 700 mL.

Wish I could find one of the JJB's.

Passed up for years and when I went on the search, NIL...

Been wanting a bottle of this for years now.  Only ever seen them at crazy secondary prices well over $300/bottle.  Stumbled into Total Wine today and low and behold they had 1 bottle on the shelf.  Last place I ever expected to see it.  Retail. 

783D39D8-B792-4C8F-A2A2-27F1F52B2984.jpeg

• I like it 9

57 minutes ago, mpgolfpro said:

Only ever seen them at crazy secondary prices well over $300/bottle.  Stumbled into Total Wine today and low and behold they had 1 bottle on the shelf.  Last place I ever expected to see it.  Retail. 

Congrats!  I am always on the lookout for those.  

1 hour ago, mpgolfpro said:

Been wanting a bottle of this for years now.  Only ever seen them at crazy secondary prices well over $300/bottle.  Stumbled into Total Wine today and low and behold they had 1 bottle on the shelf.  Last place I ever expected to see it.  Retail. 

Those are very tasty.  I have one open, I am slooowly milking.. enjoy!

Got a bottle of "hens teeth" today, retail $.  20220518_175707.thumb.jpg.119e924d4cbdd2738719df9cb413dbf1.jpg

Edited by Bourbon Scout
  • I like it 8

3 hours ago, mpgolfpro said:

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Congrats!  I am always on the lookout for those.  

1 hour ago, JT3NSB said:

Those are very tasty.  I have one open, I am slooowly milking.. enjoy!

Last year @Galvin0791 shared a nice sample of the JMCB with me. It was absolutely delicious. 😋 As always, a superb job done by @WhiskeyBlender. I hope the batches y’all have are as good as the one I had a sample from.🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Stumbled on a Costco Barrel Pick of Doc Swinson's, 113-proof, 6-year old MGP juice.  Enjoying the neck pour now.  The also happened to have WT 101 handles for $19.99 so I may have bought a bottle or 6 of those.

Doc Swinson's Costco.jpg

• I like it 6

2 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Stumbled on a Costco Barrel Pick of Doc Swinson's, 113-proof, 6-year old MGP juice.  Enjoying the neck pour now.  The also happened to have WT 101 handles for $19.99 so I may have bought a bottle or 6 of those.

God bless Costco.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Bourbon Scout said:

Got a bottle of "hens teeth" today, retail $.  

uh, you had retail bucks and 4" blade at ready

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.