What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Finally back after being gone for another two weeks.  Got the call from Hospice regarding my Brother in law and had to drop everything to head back to Louisiana.  He passed away on the 30th but my wife and daughter had a good day with him on the 29th.  Funeral was on the 2nd.  He had been in very poor health for the two years prior so in some respects, I am glad that he is no longer suffering.  He worked until he went into hospice.  He was at retirement age but refused to retire until he had maximized his retirement which would have been in December.  

Got back on the 7th so just now posting.  Had to go to my local store to replenish my well whiskeys (WT101 and BT).  Tried some of each and am still pleasantly surprised at how good these are.  I did see that Mega-Bev had  a barrel pick of Yellowstone available for ~$60.  Has anyone tried it and would recommend it at this price?

Now trying to catch up on work emails as well as my personal bookkeeping.

I'm having WT 101 with you.

• I like it 3

I’m a sucker for BIB and normally lean to Dant but this bottle has been nothing short of outstanding this week.  

2AD16F4C-C110-4FF3-9CFC-21CAD1538B9E.jpeg

• I like it 9

Sipping a 50/50 blend of Leopold Bros. BIB with FEW 4-year bourbon.   Mistake.   It doesn't improve the bad whiskey and wastes the pleasures of the good whiskey. 

• I like it 3

Sipping some Old Tub on my first day off in a while. Gonna be working some evenings and long weeks this month.

• I like it 1

On 10/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Finally back after being gone for another two weeks.  Got the call from Hospice regarding my Brother in law and had to drop everything to head back to Louisiana.  He passed away on the 30th but my wife and daughter had a good day with him on the 29th.  Funeral was on the 2nd.  He had been in very poor health for the two years prior so in some respects, I am glad that he is no longer suffering.  He worked until he went into hospice.  He was at retirement age but refused to retire until he had maximized his retirement which would have been in December.  

Got back on the 7th so just now posting.  Had to go to my local store to replenish my well whiskeys (WT101 and BT).  Tried some of each and am still pleasantly surprised at how good these are.  I did see that Mega-Bev had  a barrel pick of Yellowstone available for ~$60.  Has anyone tried it and would recommend it at this price?

Now trying to catch up on work emails as well as my personal bookkeeping.

Sorry to hear of year loss.  Peace be with you and your family during this time.

Cracked an EWBiB after finishing a splash of MM while watching the Padres/Dodgers game.......

• I like it 2

On 10/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words.  We appreciate it great deal.  

Love ya my man. Condolences during this time.

13 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Sipping a 50/50 blend of Leopold Bros. BIB with FEW 4-year bourbon.   Mistake.   It doesn't improve the bad whiskey and wastes the pleasures of the good whiskey. 

Which is the bad?

• I like it 1

Pre gaming for Thursday Night Football. 

That, or pre medicating. 🙄😉

That's  Calumet 14 in the glass.

20221013_173934.thumb.jpg.b6e3810c391c94d103c8220e72d71f0f.jpg

• I like it 8

20 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Pre gaming for Thursday Night Football. 

That, or pre medicating. 🙄😉

That's  Calumet 14 in the glass.

20221013_173934.thumb.jpg.b6e3810c391c94d103c8220e72d71f0f.jpg

A little levity for you!  Hoping it brings back memories for you of a better time for the Skins.  😁. Riggins was a force of nature in his prime.  

7582A6D7-F564-45CC-96D2-51A74D23F54E.png

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

A little levity for you!  Hoping it brings back memories for you of a better time for the Skins.  😁. Riggins was a force of nature in his prime.  

7582A6D7-F564-45CC-96D2-51A74D23F54E.png

Thanks!

I love Riggo.

I've been attending games since the early 80's, so I've had the pleasure, (privilege), of witnessing a lot of great football and legends in their prime.

Sadly, unless Snyder is forced to sell the team, they'll never win another Super Bowl,  at least in my lifetime. 

• I like it 2

Took tomorrow off to do some fishing. 

Tonight's pour to start the weekend   WRDO  been awhile still one of my favorites. 

Just talking about this the other day with Anwalt,.  thanks again Bud.

• I like it 3

So, it’s Thursday.  A good week, so far.  I’m thinking this 4R 130th will be a nice pour to prepare me to head into Friday.  The nose is fantastic.  Followed by a big and chewy mix of leather and caramel.  Gorgeous whiskey.  

CF9069B2-D754-44C8-BDE3-DF4068550859.jpeg

• I like it 9

I will join you in 4R but 2021.  
It has been a troublesome day of waking up to a hard drive crash/death.  I’ve spent the day installing a new ssd drive and resurrecting from backups.  It’s alive!!!  🧟‍♂️
Cheers!

• I like it 3

Moving on.

Thursday Night Football.

Tthe perfect excuse to break my "no alcohol during the week rule"  😉

That,  and I'm off tomorrow,  so it's kinda/sorta, the start of the weekend.

20221013_195008.jpg

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Which is the bad?

I 've tried to like the Leopold Bros., they seem well meaning and all.  But their bourbon has a  meaty/coffee flavor that just doesn't do it for me.    The FEW is a favorite that has gotten better as they've put out better-aged stuff.  

• I like it 1

We had our Wednesday bourbon/cigar group get together last night. Possibly the last of the season. The Legion has a nice patio, but only a medium sized portable canopy, and no outdoor heaters. The 💩 weather was a surprise last night. We were only there a short time, and all of a sudden the temperature dropped, the wind came up and it started raining. 🥶 We had to move indoors to finish out the evening. Pours for the evening were Henry McKenna 80 proof, Basil Hayden’s and MM. FWIW, we are looking into “other” alternatives to possibly get together over the colder months. 🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

40 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Finishing a bottle of benchmark with my one and only big glass of bourbon for the night…..

97C3C2A7-BF52-412B-9C8A-39747F1CBBFB.thumb.jpeg.dbd72598537b96722d1bb3ccc8f5cc87.jpeg

I saw this on sale today for $19.99.  Your thoughts?  

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Moving on.

Thursday Night Football.

Tthe perfect excuse to break my "no alcohol during the week rule"  😉

That,  and I'm off tomorrow,  so it's kinda/sorta, the start of the weekend.

20221013_195008.jpg

That is a mighty fine looking pour and a nice looking "Commanders" glass.  So far so good, the Bears have had two trips into the red zone and come away with nothing.  

I would like to cheer for one of these two teams but this game is starting to look like last week's Colts-Broncos snoozer.  

I opted for WT101 to see if it might help pique my interest.

• I like it 1

Well....this TNF game ain't exactly a barn-burner.

This is the best pour of the night,(so far 😉), beating out the Calumet 14 year, and the McKenna 10 year.

20221013_221722.jpg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Finishing a bottle of benchmark with my one and only big glass of bourbon for the night…..

97C3C2A7-BF52-412B-9C8A-39747F1CBBFB.thumb.jpeg.dbd72598537b96722d1bb3ccc8f5cc87.jpeg

That is one healthy pour!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

So, it’s Thursday.  A good week, so far.  I’m thinking this 4R 130th will be a nice pour to prepare me to head into Friday.  The nose is fantastic.  Followed by a big and chewy mix of leather and caramel.  Gorgeous whiskey.  

CF9069B2-D754-44C8-BDE3-DF4068550859.jpeg

3 hours ago, markandrex said:

I will join you in 4R but 2021.  
It has been a troublesome day of waking up to a hard drive crash/death.  I’ve spent the day installing a new ssd drive and resurrecting from backups.  It’s alive!!!  🧟‍♂️
Cheers!

I was feeling left out so I grabbed a 2020 that was open and am sipping it now. It's my celebratory pour for finally testing negative for covid and having my sniffer back.

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.