What Bourbon did you Purchase (Fall 2022)

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Thomm said:

Granny agrees 😂

Screenshot_20221029-190440.jpg

Nice @Thomm. I had totally forgotten  about Granny’s good ol rheumatis medicine. 😄

Biba! Joe

15 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Drats, I must have missed out.  I wanted to stop in today to pick up, er, groceries and check out the bourbon aisle but got caught up in yard work. 

Oh well, I bet they have another sell for the holiday.

Next time I'll PM you.

I got put onto an email list with a manager there, so I'm able to plan a couple weeks ahead.

Edited by PaulO
  • I like it 2

ECE444B9-D528-4B6A-9513-7E03095ECDBD.thumb.jpeg.b74feeaae09a5089308c8ad3627606a6.jpeg

Funny how one decision in the morning affects the rest of your day. First one ive ever seen in the wild and not ridiculously priced

• I like it 14

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

ECE444B9-D528-4B6A-9513-7E03095ECDBD.thumb.jpeg.b74feeaae09a5089308c8ad3627606a6.jpeg

Funny how one decision in the morning affects the rest of your day. First one ive ever seen in the wild and not ridiculously priced

image.thumb.jpeg.3f45d58282f815c880b2e51a6d58107f.jpeg

• I like it 8

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Awesome score!!!!! Love it with these are found in the wild like they used to be. I hope you enjoy every last drop!! Please let those of us who won't get any what it is like this year.

This year is probably the first year I won't acquire one since 2013. Mainly because I'm not going to try. Prices going up and need to dedicate my time to other things not chasing bourbon. Still have plenty of them in the bunker to open and enjoy as well.

On a side note, I did stop in the state store to grab a bottle of OF100 today on sale. Lots of other selections on sale that I REALLY wanted to grab as well, but I just don't need them. I have to start drinking down some of the bunker. Cheers everyone!

• I like it 7

8 hours ago, elmossle said:

Awesome score!!!!! Love it with these are found in the wild like they used to be. I hope you enjoy every last drop!! Please let those of us who won't get any what it is like this year.

This year is probably the first year I won't acquire one since 2013. Mainly because I'm not going to try. Prices going up and need to dedicate my time to other things not chasing bourbon. Still have plenty of them in the bunker to open and enjoy as well.

On a side note, I did stop in the state store to grab a bottle of OF100 today on sale. Lots of other selections on sale that I REALLY wanted to grab as well, but I just don't need them. I have to start drinking down some of the bunker. Cheers everyone!

Thanks sir. Plan on  sampling on 11/5 with a good friend! Will let you know. Will be my first time with a FRLE… cant wait

• I like it 2

On 11/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, elmossle said:

Yep. I try to open my bottles but I still have the FRSmB from 2011 then 2013-2018 unopened. I used to normally get them off the shelf but not anymore. I haven't even seen one in a store since '18. Used to be the one thing I chased but not so much anymore. 

A store near me had a boatload of Evan Williams Single Barrel late summer. Once I read it is moving to KY only release I went and bought a few.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, FlounderinDC said:

Yep. I try to open my bottles but I still have the FRSmB from 2011 then 2013-2018 unopened. I used to normally get them off the shelf but not anymore. I haven't even seen one in a store since '18. Used to be the one thing I chased but not so much anymore. 

Same here. I have every FRSmBLE from the '08 Mariage to the '18. I have been shutout since.

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JGriff said:

E86A0FD0-D1AE-4595-BCE1-BCC672F4611D.jpeg

I have been seeing this lately.  Is the difference in color due to lighting?

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have been seeing this lately.  Is the difference in color due to lighting?

Yeah apologies.  Great pour.  Delicious 

1 minute ago, JGriff said:

Yeah apologies.  Great pour.  Delicious 

I knew.  We all knew.  Haha.  

• I like it 2

Way too expensive but I am a GB fan. This and the Balmorhea are fantastic in my .02  This years Cowboy Bourbon is bizarrely dark… 

2DB23C5B-BB95-4C0A-8026-6A00BDCCF7D7.jpeg

Edited by JT3NSB
  • I like it 3

Rain and very strong wind ended my fishing day early.   Not so early that  I didn't catch a couple nice fish though.

So I ended up doing some running around and found a couple that I have been looking for, per the suggestion of the good people on SB

thumbnail (11).jpeg

• I like it 5

I walked about two great bottles of bourbon today.  

I found an ECBP C922 at the local grocery.  Oddly, after not seeing one on the shelf in few years, I found two this year under similar circumstances.  Late Saturday afternoon grocery shopping.  Earlier in the year, I recall posting that I would probably pass on a price over $70.  However, seeing a bottle on the shelf for only a few dollars more makes quite the impression.  $75 for 12-year old bourbon of known provenance and solid home run rate is still a bargain. Sure, I found my early bottles for $40 but that was almost 10 years ago.  

I also found one of Wild Turkey's soon to be entry-level premium bourbons.  Based on the Campari investor chart posted earlier in the week, it appears I bought it for 1/2 off.  I love a bargain.  It is WT101.  I sure hope it is good.  OK, I know its good and I already opened it.  Still a bargain at today's price, maybe not so much at Campari's projected price.  Yet, I see standard EC and WR around $30.  In today's market, while it would be disappointing, $30 would still be competitive.  I know I pick it 10 out 10 times over those two.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, CaptTim said:

Rain and very strong wind ended my fishing day early.   Not so early that  I didn't catch a couple nice fish though.

So I ended up doing some running around and found a couple that I have been looking for, per the suggestion of the good people on SB

thumbnail (11).jpeg

That 1843 is really good, especially  for the price. 

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, Grady330 said:

That 1843 is really good, especially  for the price. 

You are correct it is very good.   It reminds me of something but I can't place it.  Looking forward to my next pour..

I paid 26 for it in Michigan.  

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I also found one of Wild Turkey's soon to be entry-level premium bourbons.  Based on the Campari investor chart posted earlier in the week, it appears I bought it for 1/2 off.  I love a bargain.  It is WT101.  I sure hope it is good.  OK, I know its good and I already opened it.  Still a bargain at today's price, maybe not so much at Campari's projected price.  Yet, I see standard EC and WR around $30.  In today's market, while it would be disappointing, $30 would still be competitive.  I know I pick it 10 out 10 times over those two

I am actually looking forward to this scenario. I have been secretly stocking up on 1.75 liter bottles of 101 @ $38 apiece. When the Big Campari  Powerful Price  Premiumization Program hits bottle shops and grocery stores nationwide, I will be able to offer mine at a substantial savings from their $90 price tag and turn a tidy profit with a paltry 100 percent markup. What could go wrong?

• I like it 1

On 11/5/2022 at 4:31 PM, CaptTim said:

thumbnail (11).jpeg

I happen to love the 1897 even if the OF offerings (other than the rye) don’t interest me.  Betcha I have close to a dozen in the bunker.  Never counted as it would discourage me from picking up more when I see it around $45.  I have two 1843s.  I buy it only to replace an empty.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Typing on an iPad equals lots of misteaks.

12 hours ago, CaptTim said:

You are correct it is very good.   It reminds me of something but I can't place it.  Looking forward to my next pour..

I paid 26 for it in Michigan.  

Uh, Nicholson 1843 is wheated.  Sipped neat, it reminds me of Hot Ralston breakfast cereal I ate as a kid.  Does that help you affix your memory?😉

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Uh, Nicholson 1843 is wheated.  Sipped neat, it reminds me of Hot Ralston breakfast cereal I ate as a kid.  Does that help you affix your memory?😉

Hmmm...now I am going to start comparing bourbon to Coco-Wheats and Malt-O-Meal.  Even as a kid my hot breakfast cereal contain whiskey ingredients.  No wonder I transitioned to bourbon as an adult.

Same thing with cold cereal...Frosted Flakes.  Corn.  Man, it almost makes me wonder if the cereal companies are invested in whiskey distillers.

• I like it 1

New to bourbon so I picked a sample of some recommended selections

- Hmm having trouble posting pics

Edited by AF Jack

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.