What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

Sounds awesome.  I hope yours is as good as some of the 14 year KC picks I've tasted.  By far the best KC I've ever tasted was a 14 year barrel pick.  It was even better than the 15 year picks I've tasted.  Cheers

Interesting that a lot of KC fans seem to think that KC 15 is overoaked but 14-15-yr old KC picks are the best. 

35 minutes ago, apt43bear said:

I just picked up an ECBP private barrel up this weekend too as well as a Tears of Lllorona!

Haven't wrapped my head around the Tears of Leorna yet, it's good though, but not worth the price of admission so far

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Haven't wrapped my head around the Tears of Leorna yet, it's good though, but not worth the price of admission so far

Yeahh so far I agree.   My buddy bought a bottle and we were all excited to try it but we all thought it was good but not worth it. We kept hearing good things about and thought maybe an off bottle so I just got one myself so we can try again. We much preferred the Tapatio Excelencia and G4 Extra Añejo that evening. 

• I like it 1

Four Roses single barrel. Love the nose on this.   Chalk it up to my relative lack of experience, but I think this is the one bourbon you could pour for me and I could identify blind. 

Got an early breakfast date with family tomorrow, so I told LOML I would limit myself to one pour.  Should have picked something I didn't like. 

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Interesting that a lot of KC fans seem to think that KC 15 is overoaked but 14-15-yr old KC picks are the best. 

I agree that it's interesting on the surface but we are really talking about two very different products here. One is a 100 proof large batched product (we're talking about Beam here so their batches are surely larger than most) versus a hand-picked single barrel at 120 proof.

• I like it 2

On 2/15/2023 at 1:50 PM, markandrex said:

I’m having a celebratory glass of the WT 8  that I just received.  I walked to the mailbox and back without a cane/crutches.  That is a first in 8 months.  No marathons but I will take a small victory.  
This is the result of a significant high ankle sprain with ligament damage last July. 

Wow 8 months!   Glad you are back to walking unaided.  Cheers to continued progress on your full way back!

• I like it 2

Moved my oldest daughter out of the house today (her choice). Spent an hour in the hot tub drinking a bunch of large WT101 and peach tea over ice to re-hydrate/re-energize while in the hot water. Now relaxing with a nice pour of FR SmBS in a FR tasting glass from the distillery tasting room.

• I like it 7

On 2/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, IamMatt said:

LOL . So true ... 

One of those days.  Makes me think of Susana Hoffs, a good thing. But Manic Monday...not so good.

Started the 2 at 4 at 3.

Will recount Adventures in Bringing lots of alcohol into Puerto Rico (where the laws are a secret until they are used against you) later on.

<sigh>.

RRR6.jpg

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 9

Coming up - dry Lent, so Bowled a 300 tonight...

1st pour - OGD BiB

2nd - OF 1897

And lastly - OF 12yr

• I like it 6

Small pour of JD Single Barrel Select tonight. This stuff is growing on me. I think it would pair perfectly with banana cream pie. 

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Coming up - dry Lent, so Bowled a 300 tonight...

1st pour - OGD BiB

2nd - OF 1897

And lastly - OF 12yr

Every year I give up watching football for Lent.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

Office bottle.  It ain't 4 yet.  <sigh>.

AE Pic.jpg

Those 4 o'clock pours are getting earlier and earlier.    If that AE pick as as good as the one's that I snagged in FL, I can't say that I blame you!

53 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Those 4 o'clock pours are getting earlier and earlier.    If that AE pick as as good as the one's that I snagged in FL, I can't say that I blame you!

I think the Specs pick is quite good.  Head & shoulders above the normal stuff.

Hopefully I will stop using alcohol to cope with less than perfect days (they all are).  Granted, that 2 ounces goes a lonnnnng way.

PS:  I'm presently an hour ahead of EST.

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Office bottle.  It ain't 4 yet.  <sigh>.

AE Pic.jpg

It must be after 4 somewhere.😁

It is almost 4 here and all this talk of the House of Russell has made it easy.  RR SiB it is!

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, markandrex said:

It must be after 4 somewhere.😁

A Proper Attitude.  And Science too!

1 minute ago, markandrex said:

It is almost 4 here and all this talk of the House of Russell has made it easy.  RR SiB it is!

Twist my arm.  Aghhhhh! OK, RR SiB!  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.