What BEER are you drinking in 2023:

Heineken to help me try and a start to clear my brain of the bizzaro world dumbfuckery that came across my late afternoon email screen.  It was so stoopid, I’m afraid I’ll need something stronger behind this…

8A8331ED-7F9E-43B4-AD3C-84D5408AEB82.jpeg

• I like it 1

Cheers to the weekend!

C6F9E0D3-C404-42E3-90FF-F2987EDBA70F.jpeg

• I like it 1

Stunningly beautiful day here in Mayretta. Huge blue skies, brilliant sunshine, Azaleas starting to bloom, and temps creeping into the low 70’s.  Brisket on the WSM.  So, relaxing with my baseball park beer and hoping Braves Spring Training game will be on the radio.  

C236C1A1-70E5-4ABF-BD81-BA55C45667EB.jpeg

• I like it 2

I am a fan of session beers and more traditional styles; I avoid "finished" beers.  HOWEVER, when I saw this in a local Wegman's, I bought a six pack.  It reminds me of a good stout, maybe an imperial stout (heavier than average mouth feel).  Its 9% ABV is higher than I usually drink (in bars, I'll pick a draft under 7% if I'm having beer).  A chocolate note and a bit of slightly burnt toast essence are present.  It's good but not something I'd buy regularly.  New Belgium makes good beers, IMO, and this is not a disappointment.

IMG_1754.thumb.JPG.cbc72ed5af45f1979f31e38c2005e236.JPGIMG_1755.thumb.JPG.93ccfd6c46b203c843dc0c9aea427e5d.JPG

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

It reminds me of a good stout, maybe an imperial stout (heavier than average mouth feel).

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing.  I do so love a good stout or porter.  If I can see through the beer I won't drink it.

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing.  I do so love a good stout or porter.  If I can see through the beer I won't drink it.

Winter months for beer, I am mostly an unrefrigerated porter consumer.  Also, Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager (Roseland VA south of C'ville, north of Lynchburg off US 29) is my anytime go-to.   Of course, the 4R logo and the word "bourbon" on this beer hooked me, but as I said, this was good - better than I expected.

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Also, Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager

I will be in Richmond in May. I shall have to look for it, thanks for the tip.

I have to admit to drinking porters in the summer.  And wearing white after Labor Day.

• I like it 1

2020 bottling. The label states," AGES WELL" and it does. It just  keeps getting better and better and better.......

20230311_170957.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

West Coast IPA 6.2%. Devil’s Canyon Brewing in Silicon Valley. I hope they don’t have SVB exposure! Pretty good beer. 

E3404F9F-F0FA-45CE-A601-D7B41F0DBE3C.jpeg

• I like it 1

Another delicious offering from Paperback. Spent the afternoon creepin’ for birdies but settled for pars and bogies. 

9C7EFA8C-4748-4A17-BD9B-3E49DA52C070.jpeg

• I like it 1

Didn't have any Guiness so broke out the BCBS with the corned beef dinner. Had the cherry wood from 2021. It has really improved with age. It was super creamy. Didn't make it to the regular one tonight.

20230317_174536.jpg

• I like it 1

Calling this week done.  Sweetwater TripleTail Tropical IPA for starters.  

66B270BB-70E1-4353-BB8B-C6F04F3CAB77.jpeg

• I like it 1

A bartender referred to this one as a good Pliny substitute and while I don’t have one for a side by side this is really dang good. 

F258826E-A9C8-4DDA-B6AD-D0E45F460F0A.jpeg

• I like it 2

41 minutes ago, flahute said:

A bartender referred to this one as a good Pliny substitute and while I don’t have one for a side by side this is really dang good. 

F258826E-A9C8-4DDA-B6AD-D0E45F460F0A.jpeg

Fairly certain I wasn’t planning on reminiscing about the Mountaineers today.  Lots of class work in Everett and Sandpoint. Field work throughout the Cascades. Avy 1 & 2, climbing, etc 

The skills learned there opened the door to a big part of my life. 

41 minutes ago, MM818 said:

Fairly certain I wasn’t planning on reminiscing about the Mountaineers today.  Lots of class work in Everett and Sandpoint. Field work throughout the Cascades. Avy 1 & 2, climbing, etc 

The skills learned there opened the door to a big part of my life. 

Ah nice! Did not know that about you. I did some mountaineering back in the day hence the glass.

• I like it 1

Rained this morning and cleared early afternoon. Blustery, low 50s, soft course.

A tasty hoppy lager from Northern Pine and Ogopogo Breweries. 

Fantastic afternoon. Played well but had a couple holes were I f**ked everything up! 

1AFA3187-82E8-4243-88B9-C32E7BEBEFA8.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, MM818 said:

Rained this morning and cleared early afternoon. Blustery, low 50s, soft course.

A tasty hoppy lager from Northern Pine and Ogopogo Breweries. 

Fantastic afternoon. Played well but had a couple holes were I f**ked everything up! 

1AFA3187-82E8-4243-88B9-C32E7BEBEFA8.jpeg

I believe that's the rooster from the Disney animated Robin Hood (back in the day).

• I like it 1

Just got back from a family vacation in Australia.

Had  a lot of Coopers but also I also like Three Sheets.

IMG_2628.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

• I like it 3

Dry month is in the recycle bin!

My first drink since February.  With a nice BBQ lunch.  Tastes so good when it hits your lips lol.  Whiskey to follow later I can assure you!

20230401_111340.thumb.jpg.c7321fc6f9335fb1411fd02e620938ba.jpg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Dry month is in the recycle bin!

My first drink since February.  With a nice BBQ lunch.  Tastes so good when it hits your lips lol.  Whiskey to follow later I can assure you!

20230401_111340.thumb.jpg.c7321fc6f9335fb1411fd02e620938ba.jpg

Orale on de whiskey! 

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Porter from a new localish brew pub. I snuck in a growler to go before my wife noticed.

IMG_3214.thumb.jpeg.359dd4719b930e55e88da9cb28e0d76d.jpeg

• I like it 1

Weller Whore for bourbon. Miller Mongrel for beer.  🙂  I attended a “Remembrance” at my American Legion Post yesterday for long time member and Rockford Alderman, “Tuffy” Quinones. He had a stroke last month, and passed away at the age of 76.  Didn’t feel like bourbon, so I had a couple of MGD 64’s over the course of 3 hours. Saw a few friends and fellow members, and met a number of Tuffy’s friends and family. This included his father. His father is a 103 year old WW II vet, and also a member of our Post. I was pretty much at a loss for words. “Sorry for your loss.” “Thank you for your service.” Then a  nod, a salute and handshake. 🇺🇸

• I like it 2

I’ve been on the go for over a month and finally had a clear day on my calendar. Lazy Saturday with a mid afternoon hazy. Half Acre from Chicago! Pretty good call from the beer monger. 

CB06CCA1-4543-4EBD-89A3-51FF4383C60A.jpeg

• I like it 1