What BEER are you drinking in 2023:

Long story short, my neighborhood association meeting was cut short tonight. I took advantage of the situation and went to my American Legion Post with a fellow longtime Legion member, and we had a couple of beers. We were both trying to be good. Miller 64 for me, Coors Light for my fellow vet and friend Gene. Nice night. 🇺🇸🍻🇺🇸

I stopped by my local brewery to pick up my favorite seasonal, and  saw this on the shelf.  They have some on tap, so I tried it and a 4-pack came home with us😎

It's a great excuse to use the old mug...

20231021_181314.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Honestly, I wasn’t in a hurry to pop this open. It’s been in my drawer for a month. But it’s awesome. 9%. It brings the pumpkin up front and finishes with the spice. 🙌 

IMG_1347.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

An Oktoberfest lager collaboration,  from my favorite local brewery,  Heavy Seas. The glass is from the mid-90's, before Clipper City "rebranded" and changed the name to Heavy Seas. 

20231109_173105.jpg

I rarely buy, or drink, beer anymore.

What happens is I'll buy 4-packs of "good" beer, drink one or two, then they end up going out of date.

I bought a 4-pack this, at least a year ago, and the "drink by" date is 11/23/23, so I might as well😁

It's rich full-flavored, heavy-bodied, and  high ABV.....Pretty much everything that I  want in a cool-weather brew and I'm a sucker for bourbon barrel aged beer.

20231112_152543.jpg

• I like it 1

Getting to the end of the Samuel Adams and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest ales. Such a great time of year.

• I like it 4

On 11/14/2023 at 1:08 AM, flahute said:

Getting to the end of the Samuel Adams and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest ales. Such a great time of year.

Yeah...but it's time for Sierra Nevada Celebration...

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yeah...but it's time for Sierra Nevada Celebration...

Have you peeked into my holiday beer shopping cart? Celebration is a must!

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, flahute said:

Have you peeked into my holiday beer shopping cart? Celebration is a must!

Nice!

I used to drink so much beer, that I have a kegerator.  One year, I got a sixtel of Celebration.   That was good, and bad.   Good, because it's such a great beer.    Bad, because it's such a great beer and it was very easy to saunter up to the kegerator, and pour myself a small glass.  Then another one....and another...and another....

While not exactly hi-test, compared to some others out there, at 6.4% those little glasses sure can sneak up on you!

• I like it 2

It’s past 4:20 here.  Not quite 5:00, but this Thanksgiving week is slow…So figuring it’s 5:00 somewhere.  SweetWater 420 shall be my transitory end of day beer.  

10F2C671-C138-43F9-B8C6-48D1431882C9.jpeg

Out front doing absolutely nothing on a glorious day, celebrating the day with the seasons first SN Celebration IPA.  I do have some things to do inside, but they can wait.  I can’t pass this weather up!  

907CF325-CD33-4ED9-B523-CA54D1653B79.jpeg

Wicked Weed Dr. Dank Hazy IPA trying to get through at least one half of what was piled on me today.  😏

BEBEDD3E-97A4-41F1-8B4E-66E0CE952079.jpeg

On 11/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, smokinjoe said:

Out front doing absolutely nothing on a glorious day, celebrating the day with the seasons first SN Celebration IPA.  I do have some things to do inside, but they can wait.  I can’t pass this weather up!  

907CF325-CD33-4ED9-B523-CA54D1653B79.jpeg

Yes! Had my first one of these over the Turkey holiday.

Had this with dinner tonight. Still sipping on it trying to finish the bottle. This one got way better with age but it's still probably one of my least favorite variants ever. 

20231129_204211.jpg

Had this 2023 Parabola with dinner tonight. It's really lacking in the creaminess I usually get. Was a little too bitter. Probably should have let it age. 🤷‍♂️

20231203_161505.jpg

Just returned from a few hours picking up some Christmas presents.  Dreary and rain, so that along with brutal traffic made it not the merriest of experiences.  So, felt like a nice HopSlam to help make my Season Cheerier and Brighter.

0700ED4F-AB79-492F-BC7C-D61577CB01BF.jpeg