What BEER are you drinking in 2023:

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Here’s one for all the Longmire fans out there. 

IMG_7610.jpeg

Walt approves! How is it? Never had one, always wanted to try.

5 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Walt approves! How is it? Never had one, always wanted to try.

It's actually pretty good! It's made locally here and is a local favorite so I've had it off and on before but that was when I was a full IPA head so I didn't think much of it. Since my rediscovery of liking lighter beers - mainly pilsners and lagers - I've been trying a lot of them and Rainier is right up there with Asahi Dry as my favorites.

End of week beer is the always solid Creature Comforts Tropicalia IPA.  

6BCE9185-2211-477D-86A5-32C7F05927C1.jpeg

Been drinking Miller 64 for a little while now. Bourbon and cigar night at the Legion has even changed to bourbon, beer and cigar night. Hey, it’s all good. 

IMG_2392.thumb.jpeg.59b71feb22bd437e2bac920ff9ce3b29.jpeg

Drinking regional this night. Best Kölsch out there. Easy drinking. 

IMG_20230806_200707574.jpg

• I like it 3

I have been drinking the Shiner Peach Seasonal.  After the strawberry was no longer available the peach showed up (i guess it truly is seasonal).  Great summer beer but then again, I love peaches.

Helles style. Clean and crisp. Really nice this afternoon. Low ABV.  Easin into the weekend w CS on my mind. 

IMG_0852.jpeg

Earlier this afternoon, (6:00 ish) the heat index was 116.

India type heat needs an India type beer. So a really cold 35 degrees IPA it was. It hit the spot. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Just finished cutting the grass on this hot and humid day here, Down South.  Sunny, 90 degrees, 65% Humidity, and the only breeze that can be felt is if you get close to the hovering hummingbirds by their feeder.  😁. Would be a good time to jump in the gulf waters, but that’s 300 miles away.  I’ll have to settle for my last Grayton 30A IPA to cool off.  

DF0E7DEF-ED69-4C54-8D53-ACDFE64E0494.jpeg

More Paperback! Just got back to the house from exercising the dog in the mountains. Sitting around in the humidity waiting for a hurricane! Typically, these things hit cold water, turn left, light up south facing beaches, we all rejoice, and ride overhead waves. Not this time. Expecting wind and 3 inches of rain at the house.  My rain gauge is ready! 

IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0902.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, Kepler said:

(earlier at dinner)

When in Ireland...

20230822_201519.thumb.jpg.86e3466c0381a249997a8a4407085271.jpg

There isn’t much better than a well poured Guinness.  

SweetWater Hazy DIPA as my 5:00 celebratory quaff 

BBF9B2CB-AA04-43B6-B9F8-008DE37ED709.jpeg

Enjoying the finest Colombia has to offer drinking 40s of Club Colombia with my father-in-law in my special mug.

Translated it reads: love can wait, beer can’t…because it gets warm 😉.

image.jpg

• I like it 2

As I eagerly anticipate the arrival of Friday September 1, and my beginning of Fall/Octoberfest beer drinking season, I thought I would pick up a sixer of Red Stripe to remind me not to let loose of Summer too quickly.  

D536A421-25EC-4F78-B778-9BB2E0706A75.jpeg

• I like it 2

Is a good idea to get ready for Summer's end.  We were out for dinner with a relative passing through town, and the restaurant had Macallan 18 for $60 a 2 OZ pour and basic KC for $10.  I passed the whiskies and opted for a draft Stella Artois before the meat and a solid claret with the meat.  No regrets.

• I like it 2

So, September 1 is here.  I’m cutting out of the office early, and popping what is always my leadoff beer of Oktoberfest.  Sam Adams Octoberfest.  Never disappoints.  This is my favorite beer drinking season of the year.  Prost!

5AD00515-401A-4221-BF3F-130AF365A3E9.jpeg

• I like it 4

I was apprehensive to reach for this to open the long weekend. But the pineapple is just enough and it’s a pretty great beer from Bottle Logic. 

IMG_0991.jpeg

• I like it 1

I could cut the grass.

I could cut the crepe myrtle suckers.
I could finish fixing the ponds waterfall.

I could pressure wash the back patio.

Yeah, I could do a lot of things on my to-do list.  
But, I’m just gonna sit here on the swing and drink a beer.  
This years Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is spectacular.  😍

790E3223-B3D5-4909-9FC4-C338880402CB.jpeg

• I like it 3

0I don't drink beer as much as I used to,  and this is the first "fruity" beer I've had in ages. For whatever reason, it goes down really good while waiting for an Aruban sunset😎

It's surprisingly good and very refreshing.

20230901_200835.jpg

20230901_183929.jpg

20230901_184841.jpg

• I like it 1

At the nearby beer garden (whiskey garden concept has not yet gotten any traction) with a Founder's Breakfast Stout. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

IMG_20230903_175926.jpg

• I like it 1

Terrapin makes some of my favorite locally made brews.  This Oktoberfest edition’s ruddy color is very inviting, and it is wonderfully creamy.  Especially after a day of vendor meetings, where I’m all talked out. 🤪

C356C6AA-5011-4E8A-8501-88370351D981.jpeg

• Few things taste as good as a cool beer in to watch college football after doing some yard work.  Got outside at 7AM so I'd only feel a LITTLE guilty stopping work to sit inside starting at Noon.  The beer:  Devils Backbone Vienna Lager in a can.  The next one is already in the fridge..

Mrssmokinjoe and I are sittin’ on the front patio listening to Dawgs and our alma mater Ball State on the radio.  As I hoped, Dawgs are in control, and appear headed to victory.  But, nice to see Ball U on the field with them.  Highland Brewing Clawhammer Oktoberfest is the beer of choice.  A lot of maltiness, and touch of sweetness.  A very light Virginia Dare cooking wine note way back on the finish makes this an interesting beer.  

86DFCBBA-7848-4843-BD67-9E4F176AF5E9.jpeg

It’s an El Segundo Brewing Company afternoon. I briefly lived in El Segundo and spent too much time in their tasting room. I liked to order the giant pretzel at Rock & Brews across the street and bring it into the ESBC tasting room. 

These two are pretty good. The Festbier is pretty delicious. 

Go Horns! 

IMG_1080.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

I played horribly today but had an enjoyable round. I was paired with a striking actor. Good conversation but my game is struggling right now. 

Beer was great. Very crisp. Reminded me of 90s Miller Lite, for some reason. 

IMG_1109.jpeg