What BEER are you drinking in 2023:

26 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Was it back in the late 1980s - early '90s, some U.S. companies tried to imitate the Japanese "dry" style.  Michelob Dry was one.  

I don't remember that!

On 6/25/2023 at 12:18 AM, flahute said:

I don't remember that!

My brother who was a life long Bud guy, swore by Bud Dry.  Drank it for years.  Bought dozens of cases in multiple states when they discontinued it.  

• I like it 1

Been doing a lot of Mexican Beers the last couple months.  Decided today, I needed to up the hops.  Went with a SweetWater Tropical IPA.  

4237B65B-090F-432A-AE7B-986E27AC1E2B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Welcome to the holiday weekend! Pondering when to put the annual 13# brisket on the smoker. This beer is magnificent and well worth having the Go Gos in my head. 

IMG_0565.jpeg

On 5/14/2023 at 5:02 PM, flahute said:

I rediscovered my love for this beer in the last 6 months and it’s hitting all the right notes after a hot afternoon in the driveway washing all the winter gunk off the car. 

IMG_6598.jpeg

On 5/14/2023 at 5:30 PM, smokinjoe said:

I’m a fan of this one, too.  Agreed, perfect on a hot day.  

On 6/24/2023 at 6:33 PM, flahute said:

An Asahi Dry hitting the spot after a hike on a nice sunny day.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:32 PM, Kepler said:

I don't believe I've had that one.  Or if I did, I don't recall.  Sounds like it might be right down my alley during the hot summer months (like now already, lol).

I'll have to look out for it.

Alright guys your solid recommendation pointed me in the right direction.  I fully agree with your assessment.  This is a very refreshing beer.  SBers come through again!

This 6 pack is gonna go fast. Only 3 left after this one.

Ok my last "foreign pour" of the long weekend.  All-American the rest of the way for me.  Happy 4th! 🇺🇸

20230701_143644.thumb.jpg.5c8a6bf4d1f2889f487e2846714dfd4a.jpg

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Alright guys your solid recommendation pointed me in the right direction.  I fully agree with your assessment.  This is a very refreshing beer.  SBers come through again!

This 6 pack is gonna go fast. Only 3 left after this one.

Ok my last "foreign pour" of the long weekend.  All-American the rest of the way for me.  Happy 4th! 🇺🇸

20230701_143644.thumb.jpg.5c8a6bf4d1f2889f487e2846714dfd4a.jpg

My man!

On 5/1/2023 at 12:27 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

His father is a 103 year old WW II vet, and also a member of our Post.

The stories that guy could tell, awesome. 

I'm on a belgian spree the last month: Westvleteren 12, Orval, de Struise Black Albert, some Season-Style Ales, but also some good dark beers from good ole Germany, Schönramer Dunkel, Frankonia Clan, and a special beer from Schönramer, the Imperial Stout. It's finally summer and the beer season has arrived! 

• I like it 2

Solid offering from Russian River. 7% and bottled on 6/23. Listening to some spacey tunes from something called Pigeons Playing Ping Pong. Not bad! 

IMG_0586.jpeg

• I like it 1

Terrapin Pastime Pale Ale.  Sunny, hot and muggy outside, after this mornings

thunderstorms, has me taking my beer from my YETI.  

Happy Independence Day! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾

E7B9DDE3-F57B-43E3-9DC3-AD91ADFB7BB6.jpeg

Ruh roh. Pilsner and MGP never hurt a fellow! Last night in Big Sur and today at Pebble  Beach watching the women. Drinking a Lagunitas now and thinking how I want to play #6, uphill Par 5. There’s no laying up in my mind! 

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

• I like it 3

Supposed to be the best Pils in Germany. Nah, its just okay I reckon. 

IMG_20230713_193724343.jpg

• I like it 3

According to the label the dribble belt was invented in the 1940s in Santa Rosa during a hop pickers strike. The DB separates the hop. Today, LA County is awash with striking workers. Hotel workers, writers, and actors all on the picket line. I’m curious how it impacts the local economy the longer these strikes extend. 

By the way, the beer is crisp, hoppy, and delightful. 

IMG_0697.jpeg

On 7/15/2023 at 4:46 AM, Sven Heuchert said:

Supposed to be the best Pils in Germany. Nah, its just okay I reckon. 

IMG_20230713_193724343.jpg

I haven't had that.  Do you have favorites that you recommend?

A little front patio sittin’ with a Creature  Comforts  Duende Hazy DIPA.   

FBCE2BF0-8967-4537-940A-F565B5092080.jpeg

On 7/22/2023 at 6:10 AM, Kepler said:

I haven't had that.  Do you have favorites that you recommend?

I'm not the biggest Pils-Drinker, but you can't go wrong with a Jever. Riegele is also pretty good, it's from Stuttgart. 

• I like it 1

People watching on Fremont St with a Modelo. Quite good.

Prost!!  Phil 

20230725_132027.jpg

• I like it 1

All that Japanese lager talk upthread got me in the mood. Harlan crushes pretty much everything they do. This is no exception. 

IMG_0725.jpeg

97 degrees on an LA City course. Had this bottle packed on ice until the 17th tee. After a couple pulls on the Pig I knocked my ball pin high about 215 yards. Missed the 12 foot birdie putt but caught a buzz. 

IMG_0728.jpeg

A hot day in the sun calls for the champagne of beers. 

IMG_7569.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

IMG_7569.jpeg

I need more Miller High Life in my, er, life.  Looks good and reminds me that I need to pick up a 6 pack soon.

40 minutes ago, flahute said:

IMG_7569.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I need more Miller High Life in my, er, life.  Looks good and reminds me that I need to pick up a 6 pack soon.

The Champagne of Beers can hit the spot like no other! 😁.  I feel like picking up another 12 pack, as well as a 6 pack of the ponies, just for fun…🤪

• I like it 2

Last month I was in Chicago.  I always try to pick up interesting stuff I can't buy near home.  Anyway, on a lark, I grabbed a 30 pack of Rhinelander Lager (Minhas Brewery Monroe, WI).  I looked up Minhas.  The brewery has been around since the 1800s, originally named Jos. Huber Brewery.  Among all their different brands, they also supply many of the beers sold under the Trader Joe's label.

Well, for something that I bought as cheap beer, I was pleasantly surprised.  Rhinelander drinks more like an Oktoberfest/ Munich Lager than a typical light lager.  In a glass there's some color to it, not really pale like light beers.  There's some body to the mouth feel.  Aftertaste has some malt goodness, like graham cracker or molasses (not too much).  Very Nice  

Calling it 5:00 somewhere with a SweetWater 420.  😁 

826D5F24-851F-4116-B724-91C2EA38A60C.jpeg

Eating and drinking my way through Maine. Food and beer are top notch! Their way of living closely aligns with mine. Outdoor recreation, farm to table food, craft beer and spirits, etc. I love seafood but I’ve had some incredible vegetable dishes this week. 

IMG_0746.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0734.jpeg