What Bourbon Are You Drinking Spring 2023

PaulO

Sipping on some KC12 after a brutal pt session.  Leave the bottle barkeep.

• I like it 9

Picked this up on a whim.  It’s better than I expected.  The whiskey is soft, but the wine cask finish is soft, as well.  They put this together in a way that creates a well done integrated finished bourbon  that brings out the whiskey while not overdoing the finish.  Not easy to do.  It works.  

1B65E7DE-ED53-443F-BB6D-DBC615034AB9.jpeg

• I like it 3

I'm with another old standby - JW Dant.  Bonus is I found 1 liter size (for the first time) and a deal price. ;)

• I like it 3

Tuesday was Woodford Dbl Oak, ECBP Sib store pick ( I helped pick!!!!), WT101.  Good day.😁

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Started with 'The Hill'; Murray Hill. (James Bond voiceover)

Now, Larceny BP-B522...

I don't know that I should like the Larceny BP, because of the mixed reviews, but I had another release over the weekend, provided by my DIL and I reaaaaaally dig this...

I'm not a fan of the standard Larceny, but I did buy a bottle of the BP C922 release and it's really good.   

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm not a fan of the standard Larceny, but I did buy a bottle of the BP C922 release and it's really good.   

I've never tasted the standard Larceny as the reviews contained a variable that made me chicken out; however, the 2 samples of BP that I've tried, has me sold. so far...

• I like it 2

WTRB while watching the Carol Burnett 90 Years of Laughter and Love special.  I used to absolutely love that show.  Carol and her ensemble cast were hilarious.  

Enjoying a classic whiskey while enjoying comedy skits of a classic entertainer.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 6

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

WTRB while watching the Carol Burnett 90 Years of Laughter and Love special.  I used to absolutely love that show.  Carol and her ensemble cast were hilarious.  

Enjoying a classic whiskey while enjoying comedy skits of a classic entertainer.

Around 1976 I worked for a guy whose ex-wife was a dancer on the Carol Burnett Show.  She got tickets for me to take my mom to see the show live when she was visiting me in L.A.  Lot of fun.  The Elephant story and the Dentist skit are true classics.  Of course the greatest moment in sitcom history was the final episode of Bob Newhart's second sitcom, "Newhart."

Oh, yeah, drinking some Rebel 100 at the moment.

• I like it 5

On 4/25/2023 at 12:13 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Agreed and I never did understand why they quit making it...

I think because it made some of their more expensive offerings look overpriced.. 

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, bayouredd said:

I've never tasted the standard Larceny as the reviews contained a variable that made me chicken out; however, the 2 samples of BP that I've tried, has me sold. so far...

I avoided the standard Larceny for years as it seemed no one had a good word to say about it.  A while back I picked up a couple of bottles that were bundled with batches of the Barrel Proof that I wanted.  I was surprised that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  I found it well rounded with some nice sweet flavors and those bottles didn't hang around for too long.  It makes a good first pour of the night when 100+ proof pours can seem too hot.  YMMV. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

I avoided the standard Larceny for years as it seemed no one had a good word to say about it.  A while back I picked up a couple of bottles that were bundled with batches of the Barrel Proof that I wanted.  I was surprised that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  I found it well rounded with some nice sweet flavors and those bottles didn't hang around for too long.  It makes a good first pour of the night when 100+ proof pours can seem too hot.  YMMV. 

Nicely put! And yet another variable added to a sequence, not thought of...

Started with a George Remus; extra nice today...

Next, TW pick, WRDO - this was beautiful; must have needed 'The Sweet"

Lastly a Dickel 15...

Semi-Pro Synopsis - If it wasn't for the Dickelness in Dickel, this would be a Very Special Thing

Now, I don't fault fans of Dickel; it would be like addicts of raw oysters or IPA's, but I have to be in the mood for the Dicklelatude of Dickel to even give it a go on that particular day. Barring Dickeldom, this is a very flavorful whiskey in the top of it's class...

P.S. Not so much the IPA's but raw oysters are The Bomb...

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

I'm not a huge wheater fan, but I like Larceny as a lower-proof wheater.  I'd like to SBS it with some other lower-proof wheaters:  WSR, Rebel 100, and a couple of Larceny store picks I have on hand. 

I also use it like I use Elijah Craig, to mix with their BP version when I want a flavor boost but don't want to drink in the 125-plus proof range.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Started with a George Remus; extra nice today...

Next, TW pick, WRDO - this was beautiful; must have needed 'The Sweet"

Lastly a Dickel 15...

Semi-Pro Synopsis - If it wasn't for the Dickelness in Dickel, this would be a Very Special Thing

Now, I don't fault fans of Dickel; it would be like addicts of raw oysters or IPA's, but I have to be in the mood for the Dicklelatude of Dickel to even give it a go on that particular day. Barring Dickeldom, this is a very flavorful whiskey in the top of it's class...

P.S. Not so much the IPA's but raw oysters are The Bomb...

I feel the same about Dickel. I'm not in the mood for it very often but, when I am, it scratches an itch that nothing else can touch.  The 15 year is my favorite.

Yes, raw oysters are the bomb!

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I feel the same about Dickel. I'm not in the mood for it very often but, when I am, it scratches an itch that nothing else can touch.  The 15 year is my favorite.

Yes, raw oysters are the bomb!

I scratch my itch with a snaggled finger nail.  Feels good at first but then it starts burning.  😜  Sometimes after I scratch I will rub isopropyl alcohol on the scratch mark.  That lets me know I am still alive.  😀

I opted for WTRB tonight while watching the f...ing Colts continue to trade back in the draft.  I just might...oh who am I kidding, I will ...open a just purchased bottle KCSiB 120.  I need to deaden the pain of another lost NFL season 4 1/2 months before its starts.  

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I scratch my itch with a snaggled finger nail.  Feels good at first but then it starts burning.  😜  Sometimes after I scratch I will rub isopropyl alcohol on the scratch mark.  That lets me know I am still alive.  😀

I opted for WTRB tonight while watching the f...ing Colts continue to trade back in the draft.  I just might...oh who am I kidding, I will ...open a just purchased bottle KCSiB 120.  I need to deaden the pain of another lost NFL season 4 1/2 months before its starts.  

Yeah....it's tough to watch.....

• I like it 1

Thursday was some Blanton's Gold followed by Calumet 10. Getting spoiled!!!  Friday was back to reality WT101.!

• I like it 4

From the, “I never gave much hope that I would like this when I bought it, but dang I do” category, it’s Longbranch this afternoon.  Nice drink as I sit out smelling the pork butt cooking away on the WSM.  

96DCFB22-6766-421E-B272-0BA790D86D08.jpeg

• I like it 3