What Bourbon Are You Drinking Spring 2023

PaulO

On 4/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Currently having a very, very small pour from barrel #8463, aka the "Liver Bruiser," which is an almost 17 year old barrel Barton's that I have among my Jos. Magnus Cigar Blend Bourbon stock. This barrel, which is currently 76.1% or 152.2 proof, is the highest proof barrel I have ever found in my professional life. It has gone up in proof from 150.42 to 152.2 proof in the course of several months from mid-January to mid-April, which is really astounding.

I've currently got it tucked away, and have plans to use it for something special in the future, the higher powers at Magnus willing. 

Although it is super delicious and dare I say "smooth," it hurts my liver to drink it. 

Cheers!

Nancy

39102AFC-C189-461C-84CC-EE2A1B61E531.jpeg

It hurts my liver just to read about drinking it!

• I like it 3

Nice!

On 4/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, smokinjoe said:

This Dickel Barrel select is full of cream soda notes, with Goetze’s Caramel Cream undertones.  Little to no, vitamin.  Not that I’m happy about that, as I enjoy the vitamin minerally-ness.  Regardless, a very enjoyable medium proof pour, today.  

66FD6629-DC44-49FE-9DF0-0F1543638C81.jpeg

21 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Not sure I even needed to drink it!  But I did.

Office Cab.jpg

Based on your description, you had too!  For verification purposes, obviously. 

Did you crash the book club meeting?  Hey, everyone.  Books, yeah really.  Let's talk bourbon!  Don't mind me, just looking for snacks.  Anyone hungry?  

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It hurts my liver just to read about drinking it!

Yet, you would like a pour!  I know I would.  That is the darkest whiskey I have ever seen or at least tonight.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

No use wasting the ginger ale😉

20230421_192941.jpg

That barrel was confused.  It is both North and South.  Directionally ambiguous.

• I like it 2

Obviously, based on my humorless previous posts, I might not need another pour.  I have had only had two pours of WTRB.  But, my friends, @Skinsfan1311 and @markandrex are drinking FRSiB.  I can't leave them drinking alone yet together.  I feel left out.  I shall enter the "Four Roses Zone."

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That barrel was confused.  It is both North and South.  Directionally ambiguous.

😅

There's nothing ambiguous about the drink, though. Good whiskey makes for  good drink.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

😅

There's nothing ambiguous about the drink, though. Good whiskey makes for  good drink.

Just in direction not in quality.  😛

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Obviously, based on my humorless previous posts, I might not need another pour.  I have had only had two pours of WTRB.  But, my friends, @Skinsfan1311 and @markandrex are drinking FRSiB.  I can't leave them drinking alone yet together.  I feel left out.  I shall enter the "Four Roses Zone."

Good call.

That last drink was over a large cube and, given my frugal ways, I can't bring myself to waste it, so I poured a splash of this stuff over it.

I'm not a fan of the standard Larceny, but, I love the C122 BP iteration.  It's one that evolves nicely. This one is sweeter than the previous pours that I've had from.this bottle. It really hitting on all cylinders. 20230421_205441.thumb.jpg.a9ef990d241147159cff57f4cff68eb1.jpg

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Based on your description, you had too!  For verification purposes, obviously. 

Did you crash the book club meeting?  Hey, everyone.  Books, yeah really.  Let's talk bourbon!  Don't mind me, just looking for snacks.  Anyone hungry?  

SHHH!  DON’T YOU KNOW THIS IS A F**KING LIBRARY?   -_-

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just in direction not in quality.  😛

Amen!

Good whiskey makes good drinks😉

Awww...crap!  I'm repeating myself!

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Amen!

I can't match your Larceny BP but I did match FR SiB.  I am not sure I can match half the ...t that @markandrex has.  He is close competition to @GeeTen.  

image000000.jpg

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

SHHH!  DON’T YOU KNOW THIS IS A F**KING LIBRARY?  🤫 📖 🤷‍♀️ 

I used to comb the high school library for hot chicks.  Effort consistent.  Success not so much.  More than one librarian asked me to keep it down.  In high school that was always difficult.  😛 Yes, I went directly downhill.  Sorry, yet not. 

Oh, back on topic.  I am drinking a pour of FR SiB while watching Who is Feeding Phil?  Trying to keep it cerebral tonight.  😀 

• I like it 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Amen!

Awww...crap!  I'm repeating myself!

A good take bears repeating!

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A good take bears repeating!

Say that again Mike?  ^_^

Okay, enough of the humor and back on topic. There is the distinct possibility of a Weller ladder in my future tonight. :P

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Say that again Mike?  ^_^

Okay, enough of the humor and back on topic. There is the distinct possibility of a Weller ladder in my future tonight. :P

A Weller ladder is a good way to bring things back on track.  But, it doesn't count unless you provide details or photos.  

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A Weller ladder is a good way to bring things back on track.  But, it doesn't count unless you provide details or photos.  

Sheesh. I don’t know who’s worse, you or @0895.  Like Eric in the “What bottle did you open?” thread, as you wish Mike. ;) Let the climb begin.

IMG_1848.jpeg

• I like it 4

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sheesh. I don’t know who’s worse, you or @0895.  Like Eric in the “What bottle did you open?” thread, as you wish Mike. ;) Let the climb begin.

IMG_1848.jpeg

Quit talkin' and start climbing! 😉

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not a chance.  I should really start a Bourbon Club.  Meet once a month, each member pitches a new bottle for the next meeting, we vote to decide a winner, and we al drink it over the month til the next meeting.  Pure genius,  Mbroo, you can be an honorary member!

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Quit talkin' and start climbing! 😉

Not you too @Skinsfan1311? I feel like James Caan in the John Wayne movie, El Dorado. James Caan - "I have a host of friends." 

Her ya’ go Rick. The 2nd rung. 

IMG_1854.thumb.jpeg.6b74966b8bdaf1b2a00574826f5c3246.jpeg

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not you too @Skinsfan1311? I feel like James Caan in the John Wayne movie, El Dorado. James Caan - "I have a host of friends." 

Her ya’ go Rick. The 2nd rung. 

IMG_1854.thumb.jpeg.6b74966b8bdaf1b2a00574826f5c3246.jpeg

Well played! Skol!!

• I like it 2

The cube  is good for one last pour.

I'm going to sleep in tomorrow😉

20230421_223753.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 6

51 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The cube  is good for one last pour.

I'm going to sleep in tomorrow😉

20230421_223753.jpg

Good call on the big cube with the OF BP.   That's a beast that needs taming with a big ice cube or some water.

• I like it 4