What bourbon did you purchase this Winter? (2023-2024)

markandrex

1 hour ago, BobNY said:

I Love Sazerac Rye. It has been one of my go to daily pours the past month

It disappeared for a long time in Indy before showing again last Fall. It is everywhere now and at a lower price than before it disappeared.  

• I like it 3

8 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's a nice mix a great bottles to add to your collection.  The fill level on the KC12 and Stagg look to be a little light. 😀

Yes, They were opened immediately.  I have opened the Devil's Tower since this picture was taken. That one wont last long. It is delicious !

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, BobNY said:

I've been real busy adding to my collection the past month. I haven't taken photos of all I have purchased, but these are this weeks additions. 

IMG_2735.jpeg

Dang, you don't mess around.  😃

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

It disappeared for a long time in Indy before showing again last Fall. It is everywhere now and at a lower price than before it disappeared.  

Indeed, I've seen so much of it lately I was a bit hesitant.  My own experience has been BT brands the least consistent of the major distillers.  I'm happy to report the Saz I picked up the other day seems better than any I had in the past, probably best batch of it I ever tried.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

Indeed, I've seen so much of it lately I was a bit hesitant.  My own experience has been BT brands the least consistent of the major distillers.  I'm happy to report the Saz I picked up the other day seems better than any I had in the past, probably best batch of it I ever tried.

I agree that the recent bottles have improved in quality, but I also liked it from the beginning, especially in cocktails

• I like it 1

A Wisconsican Yankee in King Hoosier's Court (pardon the stretch, but I'm a big Twain fan), I once again liberated a small portion of Indiana's disproportionate supply at the Greenwood TW.  Saved myself $54 AND contributed sales tax locally, so I see this as a win/win.  Really hoping I don't see the ghost of coach Knight in the rearview hurling metal chairs at me on the return trip. 

Oh, I left two on the shelf. Whadda you guys care?  The stuff comes out of the taps around there anyway.

IMG_20240204_171723.jpg

• I like it 6

Local shop barrel pick. Tasty. Back for another bottle tomorrow.

IMG_2044.thumb.jpg.3f060b5a532b42da86bc49c3e1163889.jpg

• I like it 1

Had a coworker bring this back from KY for me since it's not sold in my state yet.  Now i just need to get over this cold so that I can do my 100pf wheater flight fight.

20240206_122836.jpg

• I like it 4

On 2/4/2024 at 7:36 AM, PaulO said:

Dang, you don't mess around.  😃

are you adopting??

Picked up a MM cask Strength and a BT. Adding to the bunker!!

• I like it 1

Puerto Rico is normally a desert for anything allocated and expensive & limited for the more standard bottles. This year has been weird, in a good way. I've seen and acquired some Michters 10y rye and Bombergers/Shenks at Michters (heightened) MSRP less 10% discount for being a "Member" of the distributor's shop (Costs $100/year and gets me 20% off on wine as well, paid for itself quickly).

A friend saw EHT SmB in a bar - an unheard-of thing here. He asked the bartender about it. The bartender gave him the distributor's name. The friend went over and there were stacks of cases. They were actually giving a case discount of 10% which almost offset the 11.5% sales tax. 

So got 5 cases at $39/bottle, taxes included. No idea how they came up with that pricing.

Happy. Hope it's a sign of "more to come". Not optimistic, just dreaming, and thankful for this haul.

EHT SmB Haul.jpg

• I like it 12

5 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Puerto Rico is normally a desert for anything allocated and expensive & limited for the more standard bottles. This year has been weird, in a good way. I've seen and acquired some Michters 10y rye and Bombergers/Shenks at Michters (heightened) MSRP less 10% discount for being a "Member" of the distributor's shop (Costs $100/year and gets me 20% off on wine as well, paid for itself quickly).

A friend saw EHT SmB in a bar - an unheard-of thing here. He asked the bartender about it. The bartender gave him the distributor's name. The friend went over and there were stacks of cases. They were actually giving a case discount of 10% which almost offset the 11.5% sales tax. 

So got 5 cases at $39/bottle, taxes included. No idea how they came up with that pricing.

Happy. Hope it's a sign of "more to come". Not optimistic, just dreaming, and thankful for this haul.

Pretty good deal but that's a LOT of EHT!! 😳

• I like it 1

Finally found a Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye at a large liquor retailer.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Pretty good deal but that's a LOT of EHT!! 😳

Had enough for drinking (2 cases). I do enjoy it.

Could not refuse at that price. Some for friends, some for trading. The latter is how one gets The Good Stuff to PR. Well, that or paying silly prices!

• I like it 3

PU New Riff, Magnum of WT101 and  KC 9. Adding.......

• I like it 3

Sale at Binny’s. I opened my last handle of MM, and it was on sale for $39.99. 🤷🏼

IMG_3635.thumb.jpeg.5032920c49b5025f9e13a652a97318fc.jpegIMG_3640.thumb.jpeg.fa0c3e31dfde3450ec7af4485ce9085a.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 2/2/2024 at 10:37 AM, FasterHorses said:

I am a huge fan of the Laws Four Grain. Extremely flavorful. Cant believe it doesnt get more love here. Enjoy

On 2/2/2024 at 11:32 AM, Harry in WashDC said:

THX for the comment.  I've seen it in stores but passed, figuring some day I'd see it in a bar and get a taste.  I don't think I'll wait.

I cracked open the Laws 4 Grain tonight.

It's really good.

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sale at Binny’s. I opened my last handle of MM, and it was on sale for $39.99. 🤷🏼

I finally got to shop at a Binny's on my road trip last July.  A manager said they are working on being able to ship to California, but it is a long, hard political road.  Now I know how the guy feels feeding dollar bills to a stripper and hoping she will go home with him.

• I like it 5

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

IMG_3635.thumb.jpeg.5032920c49b5025f9e13a652a97318fc.jpegIMG_3640.thumb.jpeg.fa0c3e31dfde3450ec7af4485ce9085a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I finally got to shop at a Binny's on my road trip last July.  A manager said they are working on being able to ship to California, but it is a long, hard political road.  Now I know how the guy feels feeding dollar bills to a stripper and hoping she will go home with him.

Over the years, I've seen a lot of posts about Binny's.   I've never seen one around here, (Baltimore Metro area).

What's the deal?   Selection?  Price?

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

49 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Over the years, I've seen a lot of posts about Binny's.   I've never seen one around here, (Baltimore Metro area).

Yes and yes.  Lots of store picks, good selection of hard-to-find bottles at reasonable prices.  One bottle I bought was a Rebel store pick.  They had about 6 different barrel picks, each with their own profile, which was printed on the price cards. 

• I like it 2

Just now, IamMatt said:

Yes and yes.  Lots of store picks, good selection of hard-to-find bottles at reasonable prices.  One bottle I bought was a Rebel store pick.  They had about 6 different barrel picks, each with their own profile, which was printed on the price cards. 

Found a pic.

Rebel Pick Label.jpg

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Found a pic.

Rebel Pick Label.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite LS did a few Rebel SB Cask Strength pick, (they let you try before you buy), and they were practically giving them away @ $37.00    Not sure why they weren't flying off the shelves at that price because they're very goodf.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

They were really into picks before the  fad kicked in and one of the earliest to carry Four Roses picks (outside Kentucky at least). I have been told they were the last account to get all 10 recipes in a year, but no idea if that is true.

• I like it 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:05 AM, Anwalt said:

EHT SmB Haul.jpg

Awesome.  Reminds me of when I first got into this and CEHT Small batch was $33.99 and sitting on shelves.

• I like it 4

I finally broke down and paid, (overpaid?) for this one.

It chafes my cheap-ass to pay $49.00 for it, especially when the 6 year BiB was such a bargain. I guess I'll find out if the extra year in a barrel makes it worth the extra $$$😎

20240210_125820.jpg