Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Man, that Moonshiners show was really bad. I think I'm the only one here who didn't like it.

Anyway --- Watched The Dark Half last night, and the bad-guy is fond of George Dickel Black Label, pops out a bottle on several occasions.

In the movie 'The River's Edge (1957)' a suave Ray Milland steps up to the bar with his well dressed companion and orders, "a dry martini and an Old Fashioned made with Scotch" and the viewer is given the impression that was sophistication of the time.

Man, that Moonshiners show was really bad. I think I'm the only one here who didn't like it.

Anyway --- Watched The Dark Half last night, and the bad-guy is fond of George Dickel Black Label, pops out a bottle on several occasions.

Nah I cant stand that crap either, about as much reality as any other "reality" TV show out there

Anyway love this thread, always keepin an eye out for something tol add but this list is quite comprehensive, keep up the good work, ill pour a WT101 now and watch a little Justified

This weeks episode of True Blood saw Sam Merlotte and a female friend drowning their sorrows with a 375 of Early Times.

Nah I cant stand that crap either, about as much reality as any other "reality" TV show out there

Anyway love this thread, always keepin an eye out for something tol add but this list is quite comprehensive, keep up the good work, ill pour a WT101 now and watch a little Justified

Glad I'm not the only one then. :toast:

My first job in LA was post production for a reality tv show (Trading Spouses)... and I've ALWAYS hated them. But Moonshiners just insults one's intelligence with the un-reality going on. At least with TS, the show's actual concept was the bad part... there was some skill and effort put in, in an attempt to make something compelling out of it.

This weeks episode of True Blood saw Sam Merlotte and a female friend drowning their sorrows with a 375 of Early Times.

Ughh... as a recent victim of giving ET a try, I can actually imagine the brown vodka finish right now. Gnarly. ET's the only bottle of whiskey I've ever poured out in disgust, tried to kill some weeds with it... it even failed at that.

Ughh... as a recent victim of giving ET a try, I can actually imagine the brown vodka finish right now. Gnarly. ET's the only bottle of whiskey I've ever poured out in disgust, tried to kill some weeds with it... it even failed at that.

Well, in keeping with the reality aspect, they did have Sam wake up with a headache the next morning. :lol:

Well, in keeping with the reality aspect, they did have Sam wake up with a headache the next morning. :lol:

Haha, nice. :)

• 2 weeks later...

In the movie "Bullet to the Head"... In the most wonderfully glorious example of product placement ever conceived in the history of cinema, Stallone walks into a bar and asks the 'tender if they carry Bulleit bourbon. Bartender says 'no'. Stallone says, "Well, I do" and pulls out a full bottle of it out of his bag/pants/I don't know where!! Then he says "Here's $20 for an empty glass". And the lovely Bulleit bottle sits on the bar for the rest of the scene, with Stallone sipping from a rocks glass.

Beautiful!! ;)

• 1 month later...

10 star or 10 year?

The latter would be an interesting choice as its supposedly available only in KY (and like Chicago, right?) I don't know where Ray Donovan is supposedly set. Buffalo Trace has definitely been inserting quite a few of their products in some of these HBO-type shows lately.

10 star or 10 year?

The latter would be an interesting choice as its supposedly available only in KY (and like Chicago, right?) I don't know where Ray Donovan is supposedly set. Buffalo Trace has definitely been inserting quite a few of their products in some of these HBO-type shows lately.

• 1 month later...

Watching Hallowen IV and Donald Pleasance and the preacher are driving down the road, taking pulls off a pint of Dickel. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the Nov 20 episode of "An American Horror Story: Coven" there is a bottle labed Old Dominion that the characters say is bourbon.

• 1 month later...

I was listening to some vinyl records and the TV was on mute in the background... I noticed two shows that I never watch featuring young adults drinking bourbon neat (I assume bourbon due to color). I think the first show was "how I met your mother", and it featured several people in several different scenes (men and women) drinking it neat. Then the show right after it stars Robin Williams... he was drinking whiskey on the rocks with someone.

I guess this whiskey boom is real. ;)

Also... on Netflix, the new Texas Chainsaw movie (more lame than you can imagine) had a scene at a bar... with a big mirror with a Weller logo. Can't remember if it was WL Weller or the full William Larue name.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Also... on Netflix, the new Texas Chainsaw movie (more lame than you can imagine) had a scene at a bar... with a big mirror with a Weller logo. Can't remember if it was WL Weller or the full William Larue name.

I had to sit through that one with my wife. I think it was WL Weller.

Just watched a movie from the late '60s with James Garner as "Marlowe." In several scenes he is drinking from a fifth of Hill and Hill bourbon. Anyone remember this one?