Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Not a movie but the girlfriend is really into NCIS so I bought her the first ten seasons and have been watching a few episodes with her BECAUSE I love her...anywaythere are quite a few refferences to one of the main characters drinking WTRB, one episode in particluar has someone calling it rotgut while they drink a well aged scotch, almost switched off at that point but, yeh, gotta stick with it

That program promotes Bourbon as a sub theme without stressing any particular brand. In one of the early segments the principal character has a bottle of Ten High in his desk drawer. Of course that was back when TH was still a Bourbon and not a blend.

That program promotes Bourbon as a sub theme without stressing any particular brand. In one of the early segments the principal character has a bottle of Ten High in his desk drawer. Of course that was back when TH was still a Bourbon and not a blend.

The first three seasons seem to stress WTRB as regular fixture at his home bar/basement/boat workshop.Within the context of this environment the distinctive bottle has popped up at least half a dozen or so times, maybe this changes in later seasons I dont know.

Yes, Rare Breed seems to be the house (basement?) Bourbon yet it's referred to as being "126 proof" so I always presumed the writers were describing Bookers but the RB bottle was a more distinctive visual aid.

This past weeks Justified, the head guy's got some blantons on his desk.

"Art" has had that Blanton's in or on his desk for all 5 years now of the show. Also saw MM displayed prominently in the first week.

Yes, Rare Breed seems to be the house (basement?) Bourbon yet it's referred to as being "126 proof" so I always presumed the writers were describing Bookers but the RB bottle was a more distinctive visual aid.

Saw the movie "The Internship" today. Pappy shows up in the first 5 min of the film, and again in the last min. Expect new traffic here of folks trying to find it. I am a huge bourbon fan, but nothing is worth this type of hype.

You're welcome for the alliteration in the title.

• 2 weeks later...

On last night's episode of "Justified" (as I was enjoying some Eagle Rare), Boyd Crowder ordered "Four Fingers of Elmer T Lee", and Chief Deputy Marshall Art Mullen finally freed the bottle of Pappy he mentioned a couple of years ago from his desk drawer.

On last night's episode of "Justified" (as I was enjoying some Eagle Rare), Boyd Crowder ordered "Four Fingers of Elmer T Lee", and Chief Deputy Marshall Art Mullen finally freed the bottle of Pappy he mentioned a couple of years ago from his desk drawer.

Technically, he didn't say "Lee". ;)

Anyone else find it odd that he ordered 4 fingers, got barely 2... then spouted how most places are too cheap to give you a real double pour?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Edited by JPBoston

He DID just say "...Elmer TEE...". I stand corrected. :grin:

There were some cases being moved around at one point as well. might have been 4Roses.

saw Jax drinking from a bottle of "Jake Danzels" in Sons of Anarchy. I found that entertaining.....

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a movie called sinister the other day,and the guy is drinking BT, never saw that stuff in a movie before, it took awhile for them to show the label ,but I told the wife right away that's Bt, can't mistake that bottle.

Came in here to post that Eskwar, nice work.

I think that scene was supposed to be in the late 90s. Would that have still been on the shelf?

Watching Big Bang rerun, Leonard, Howard, and Raj at a bar, bottle of Blanton's displayed prominently on the bar.

Came in here to post that Eskwar, nice work.

I think that scene was supposed to be in the late 90s. Would that have still been on the shelf?

Thanks, suntour. My memory is a little foggy, but I think that scene might've been set after they jumped to ~'02, making that bottle perhaps even less likely (although I found one last year, so maybe Rust is a dusty hunter, too).

Good thing I kept that episode on the dvr -- I'd better watch it again. Slowly. : D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, suntour. My memory is a little foggy, but I think that scene might've been set after they jumped to ~'02, making that bottle perhaps even less likely (although I found one last year, so maybe Rust is a dusty hunter, too).

Good thing I kept that episode on the dvr -- I'd better watch it again. Slowly. : D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kjbeggs

Raylan offered to grab a "...bottle of Blanton's..." on the last episode of Justified

EC12 popped up in the Korean film, The Doomsday Book. Didn't expect that one ...