Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Anyone mention this one yet?

Season 4 finale of Eastbound and Down, right near the end... Kenny Powers drinks from a KC 100 bottle.

Edited by JPBoston

Not bourbon but not worthy of its own thread: does anyone watch Suits? Last night there was a "$12,000 bottle of scotch" discussed. Anyone know what that was? I couldn't make out the bottle. (I'm not a scotch fan, but curious nonetheless.) Macallan something is my guess since that brand was brought up in another episode a week or two ago.

It's a brand that exists only in the mind of the show's writers.

May well be a creation of the writers but plenty of examples to draw from! The Dalmore nonsense is a good example:

http://www.dramming.com/2013/07/16/the-dalmore-paterson-collection-a-master-blenders-legacy-or-megalomania/

The Bowmore 50yo in the recent WA blog Spring list goes for a mere 16,000 pounds sterling.

http://whiskyadvocate.com/whisky/2014/02/11/whisky-advocates-spring-issue-top-10-buying-guide-reviews/

And plenty more where that came from!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a repeat of workaholics today, looked like a bottle of virgin was being used for shots to drunken the "hot swedish chicks" during an office wake party.

The elusive Virgin of the HH bonded range. I know, it's 101 proof but it's in the range.

Was watching Runner Runner with Justin Timerlake. There is a scene in the movie where there is a Glenlivet very visible. Next scene it has changed into a Blanton's and back to Glenlivet in the next scene. :lol:

Yeah, I've noticed that when scenes are composed of multiple takes, particularly when there are bottles in a bar setting and the prop people keep moving them around.

Yeah, I've noticed that when scenes are composed of multiple takes, particularly when there are bottles in a bar setting and the prop people keep moving them around.

My wife has an amazing eye for continuity in movies, might need to add this to the list, maybe this will get her to notice bourbon for once.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I watched Drinking Buddies last night. It's mostly the beer version of Sideways, but I think I caught a glimpse of some Old Granddad in one scene...

Watched "Officer Down" last night... seemingly DTV, but with a cool cast: Stephen Dorff, James Woods, Walt Goggins, and Stephen Lang.

Dorff frequents a strip club and always orders "Bourbon, neat".

Funny thing is, the bartender always reaches for the well... yet pulls out a Johnnie Walker Black bottle (or more likely, a made-up brand that strongly resembles it). I'm pretty sure it had a 15 where the 12 is on JWB.

Other funny thing was... it was the color of watered down apple juice. Odd for a 15yr old 'bourbon'. ;)

A Maker's bottle did appear a few random times, at least... so there was an actual bourbon shown.

Wife and I decided to watch Mad Men since so many have prasied it (love Netflix streaming). Got through the firs couple of episodes last night in season 1 and while I saw a lot of decanters I only noticed one label and I could not identify it.

The show does bring back old memories of sitting around a confernce table, everyone smoking, and having a drink at lunch. I'd bet a lot of younger viewers don't even believe that occurred.

Nah, they don't believe us, but that's to be expected as they've gained so much wisdom in their 20 something years of existence.

Mad Men seems to show a lot of Canadian Club (at least to my recollection). Just as awesome as the booze-filled offices, are the cigarette-smoking doctor doing examinations, and the kids playing with dry-cleaning bags from season one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although not exactly a bourbon,but yesterday as I was watching a re-run of Bizarre foods, I saw Mr. Julian Van Winkle the 3rd talking with Adam Zimmern at an exclusive dinner party in a restaurant in Louisville,they did not introduce him ,but it was him.Thought it was worth the mention.

I expect Zimmerman's idea of tasting Bourbon is licking a barrel stave.

Although not exactly a bourbon,but yesterday as I was watching a re-run of Bizarre foods, I saw Mr. Julian Van Winkle the 3rd talking with Adam Zimmern at an exclusive dinner party in a restaurant in Louisville,they did not introduce him ,but it was him.Thought it was worth the mention.

You are right! Saw the same show as they were eating a soup with some blood cake. Took me by surprise since it was supposed to be a gathering of family/close friends. Maybe so, but what a coincidence ...

Daviess County bourbon is briefly seen in the early bar scene of 8 Million Ways To Die starring Jeff Bridges.

In the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, you can see an older bottle of Four Roses sitting on the shelf under the bar, right after Penny and Will Wheaton get fired from their killer ape movie.

Possibly the last show I would have expected to recognize a bourbon label in.

I expect Zimmerman's idea of tasting Bourbon is licking a barrel stave.

Nope can't even do that ,he is a reformed alcoholic,doesn't touch the stuff,(so he says),however in the same episode he visits a distiller who specializes in making flavors, he had a bourbon flavored water one for him try. Bourbon flavored water without the alcohol, hmmm.

Nope can't even do that ,he is a reformed alcoholic,doesn't touch the stuff,(so he says),however in the same episode he visits a distiller who specializes in making flavors, he had a bourbon flavored water one for him try. Bourbon flavored water without the alcohol, hmmm.

I like Bourbon flavored water, when it's at least 90 proof...:cool: