What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)

CrispyCritter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking a little WT rye here in northwestern IL.

One of these days I will use this to make a Manhattan. The only rye Manhattan I've had; I used Saz 18, I'll never do that again. A terrible waste of that precious elixir!

Well, I started this afternoon with some Wathens while smoking my pipe. Now, it's Lot B.

My brother happened to be in town tonight. He is a scotch drinker, so I brought out the heavy hitters to show him what bourbon is about. Started with a round of WLW '06, followed by an ORVW 15/107. We then had a brief intermission for dinner, rounded out with a little pour of VanBlankle. Good night indeed....

Took myself to the bar across the street to watch the game this evening, after having a beer dinner-Guinness-pertiser, Fullers ESB salad and Hoegarden main course, I setted in with some VWFRR for the remainder of the game. Now it's a visit down memory lane with some VOB 100 (my early bourbon regular)...man it's good to be home

I'm drinking Ancient Ancient Age tonight. Figured I'd tap into this since another bottle is on the way from Binny's as we speak. Might move onto some rye in a few.

I started the evening with a couple of pours of ORVW 10 yo 90 proof. Later I had a beer. When I got home a had some Fighting Cock 6 yo. This is my first bottle of the 6 year old. I have drunk a fair bit of the FC 15 yo that we get here in Japan and really like it. I was surprised by how much I like the 6 year old. I will have a pour of the FC 15 later to compare the two.

Ed

Grabbed a generous pour of Hancock Single Barrel. When I'm in the mood for something really mellow with good bourbon taste, I head for this particular BT offering.

I began with the last pour from a bottle of Tangle Ridge (Canadian), and now I'm trying out my first pour of EWSB '96 - barrel #575.

I'm finding that it strongly resembles the Kentucky Vintage that I recently polished off - the menthol signature is quite evident in the finish, and it took a few sips to coax out the vanilla side. The more I sip, though, the more I like it.

Cracked open a bottle of 2001 ER 17. WOW! Delicate sweetness, definite nutty tones, very smooth and well-balanced. And all without the heavy woodiness found in some other ER 17 bottlings.

I think I may be in love....

Started off with Scotch, Dalwhinnie and then switched over to Bernheim. I'm all warm inside.

Went to a bar and had...

- x2 Blantons from two different bottles. Interesting! Very different!\

- Old Gand-dad 114: First time ever trying this. The Beam influance is unmistakable! Tastes like Booker junior to me!

- Sazerac Cocktail made with Cdn. Club whisky. Not bad, but I see how much better this would be made with straight rye...

Started with some Buffalo Trace, followed by EC18.

Had some DSP 14 OGD BIB. Now onto some OGD114.

Lets see..the Cowboys lost by a point, my Jets got wrecked, the Giants got cut down along with the shedding Christmas tree. Only a couple pours of PVW20 and a late evening with sb.com can help. Thanks Pappy!

My standard pour: Woodford Reserve, batch 168. WR replaces my previous standard tipple, Old Setter. WR is certainly more interesting: it always seems to taste a little different than it did before, though the taste is certainly never unpleasant. I tried a bit of 1792 RR afterwards and nearly spat it out because the 1792 is so smooth, it tastes sour in comparison.

Well, in addition to the Tangle Ridge and the EWSB '96, I wound up cracking open a WTRR 101, and polishing off my Compass Box Orangerie (alas, Orangerie only comes in 375 ml bottles).

having a morning sip of rarebreed right now. (working nights this week) is anyone else drinking the same thing so they dont have to crack another bottle from the bunker? 'course i'm gonna have to soon, the ETL and WTRB are about through.

Last night was WT Rye. Tonight, plan on hitting the OGD BIB for the BOTM, and then comparing it with the 114.

Bob

Yesterday afternoon a friend came over so I broke out a variety of bottles.

VW lot B

PVW 20 year old

Old Grand Dad BIB

Saz 18

Thomas Handy Saz

Aberlour A'bunadh

Talisker 10

Yoichi 10 CS

I don't think he had any of the rye and I know I didn't have any of the Talisker. There were other bottles on the table that we didn't get to.

After he went home with his family I made myself an Eagle Rare 101 Manhattan.

Ed

Took the day off of work, had some things to do around the house. I decided to day would be a good day to add an EWSB'93 to the empty bottle thread. Unfortunately, I am getting a heavy alcohol burn in the nose for some reason. This is an expression which I really enjoy, and am not sure why this is happening. Maybe this bottle will wait for another day....

Bulleit

I saw a 50ml bottle and bought it.

I went through a 750ml bottle about 2 years ago and forgot how much I liked it. There is a "fragrance" in the nose that I can't place.

I should have got another one.

just did a taste test between eagle rare 10 year old and buffalo trace

my first time having either

buffalo trace wins by a hair

i think i'll try both once more, just to be sure

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!