What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)

CrispyCritter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A nice little EC12 to start, followed by Benchmark Single Barrel. Wow, the Benchmark is tasty!

JOE

Drinking Jack and coke here. Actually single brl. it seems almost sacrilege to be mixing it but I was in the mood and its the only JD I have. I can't bring myself to buy the watered down black label.

I can't bring myself to buy the watered down black label.

i lost alot of respect for jack daniels when they brought the proof down to 80. if its comin' from tennessee, its dickel.

Fleischman's Rye (through the very generous offer of a Chicago friend). As I told him, a very pleasant surprise, a smooth tasty pour.

i lost alot of respect for jack daniels when they brought the proof down to 80...

I don't figure it was any worse than when they dropped it from 90 to 86 some years earlier. But, then, I've never had much taste for Jack Daniel's, as whiskey, anyway. I have a lot of respect for their marketing folks, though.

Started with a little English Draft Hard Cider earlier tonight, and now just cracked open a WTRB I purchased earlier.

Went right back to the PVW15 when I went to get a pour. I was looking forward to trying out BT this weekend but I guess that's going to have to wait until next week.

Lightened up a bit this evening after the long, long night before. Had good healthy pour of ERSB followed up with same of PVWFR 15.......well enough for a rainy Saturday night.

originally posted by TN Bourbon

"I've never had much taste for Jack Daniel's, as whiskey,anyway."

Lord it is awful tasting rot gut isn't it? Often commonly referred to as Bourbon, it gives the stuff a bad name to those who believe the hype and never look further! Tom V

GT Stagg - 2006 release

Hot dag gone this is some mighty nectar! Tell me this glorious liquid did not fall from the hands of heaven.

Very Old Barton 86 proof. This bourbon is really nice. It is easy to drink, very smooth. This bottle has a price label on it under ten bucks. I think I like this better than the more expensive bourbons.

I don't figure it was any worse than when they dropped it from 90 to 86 some years earlier. But, then, I've never had much taste for Jack Daniel's, as whiskey, anyway. I have a lot of respect for their marketing folks, though.
...Lord it is awful tasting rot gut isn't it?..

Actually, I didn't mean to imply I thought it 'bad', aka 'undrinkable' -- I just don't prefer the taste. Being so young -- 4 to 6 years for the black label -- it is very congeneric, and I prefer some greater essences of oak.

For mixing with, say, cola, it's preferrable to my Stitzel-Weller, for sure (I have better uses for the good stuff:grin:). But, it's way too expensive for the young whiskey that it is, the price held up only by its successful marketing and the demand thus created.

I actually had some JD black label last night. I had read the ''Bourbon in my bananas" thread and wanted to explore that note. First I poured myself about 10 ml. I wasn't sure that I wanted more than that. But it kind of hit the spot so I had a full shot.

After that I had a couple of pours of OGD BIB. Much nicer. I finished the night off with VWFR Rye 13 year old. Holy Mother of God is this Good! (He says reverently.)

There are no letters on the label so I think this must really be 13 years old. Does any one know for sure?

Ed

Went through 1.5 bottles of Pappy 20 yr old at last night's party.

I gave the residual to a good friend who helped us schlep home a giant sign with my son's name on it, as well as, well, just being a great friend all the time. The other reason was that 2 months ago I picked up a bottle of P20 for him that he, of course, paid me for. I gave it to him after we had dinner out with our families. When he was dropping off his niece and getting her stuff out of the back of the SUV, the bottle rolled out onto the driveway and (:bigeyes: as he watched in horror) broke. He never even got it home.

Last night, I began with a Scotch (Aberlour A'Bunadh Batch #15), and then had a pour of William Larue Weller '06 to follow. That turned out to be an excellent pairing... the different sweetnesses of the two complemented one another nicely.

Tonight, I'm beginning with WTRR 101, and then either EWSB '96 or Rittenhouse BIB for the nightcap.

As my welcome back to the Swamp pour, I'm having the last chunky pour of my bottle of Stagg 05...man it's a rough life bing a college student.

My first bit of Makers Mark in a while. It's every bit as good as I remember and then some.

BOTM Old Grandad BIB followed by Pappy 15......a low pour of both here on a workweek night....takin it easy and smooth.

I've been drinking a couple of slugs of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Years Old 107 proof bourbon. This whiskey is so smooth and rich it's like drinking a steak.

Rained continually the past two days. For some reason, Lot B seemed to bethe way to go... so I did.

Bartenura Chianti 2004 with my linguini. I really like drinking wine and bourbon on alternate nights.

Bartenura Chianti 2004 with my linguini. I really like drinking wine and bourbon on alternate nights.

another like myself, pizza and mirassou cabernet 2003. probably a nightcap with 05' old forester birthday bourbon.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!