What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)

CrispyCritter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OGD 100 BIB, then Saz 18, then Lot B.

I've just started seeing OGD in CA, and couldn't be happier. I've only seen the 100 BIB and 86 versions, but had my local spot order the 114 for me. It's great how exciting cheap whiskey can be.

Eagle Rare SB. I've decided I don't like it much. Wish I could return it to the county store.

Old Charter 7yo BIB...bottle's running low, I'll miss this when it's gone-but luckily have one more (my last one) Distilled in Louisville, bottled in Frankfort. Damn fine stuff.

Last night, I went to look at my choices. Nothing was striking me right. Not Rare Breed, nor Elmer T. Lee, Rock Hill Farms, Henry McKenna 10-yr BIB. :confused:

Then, I made my decision. Regular Wild Turkey 101 in a large on-the-rocks glass with plenty of "rocks". It hit the spot!

Tim

Spooky post that Tim...

I gave myself the choice between WT 101 and Lot B (both opened) with WV 20 and 23 still "wrapped" and waiting in the wings, after 10 days away at work with a strict no drinking rule.

I chose the WT 101 straight up ahead of all these winners. That tells me all I need to know about just how good WT is folks.

A spicy "go to" Bourbon if ever I came across one!

The sun is out and the snow and ice are melting, slowly, but it is far from "nice" outside. When it is 34 degrees and you are happy about that, things are just wrong. To make it right I have a glass of Van Winkle Family Rye in my hands. Things are better already.

To celebrate (at long last!) :woohoo: a Chicago Bears return to the Super Bowl, and to salute the New Orleans Saints for putting up a good fight, I'm starting up with my single-barrel Baby Saz. Next up, Saz 18 '06, and then will come some Handy to top it off.

This new Saz Jr. bottle is outstanding!

I am nursing along a cold, as well as a nice pour of Blanton's. I have been off of bourbon for the last few days for one reason or another. This pour is a nice welcome back. I am enjoying this very much tonight.

I have a test tomorrow morning, so tonight, only 1 pour of AH Hirsch.

Mostly because the Colts and Bears made me happy today.

Tomorrow night will be different.

-m

I finally opened a bottle of 2006 Stagg, so I have been sipping on that. Truly great stuff, unfortunately I think this year's Larue and the addition of the Handy have kind of ruined it for me. I still love the Stagg don't get me wrong, but given the choice, well, maybe I should drink more of all 3 before I rush to any judgement like that. What I'd really like would be to taste a high rye barrel proof from BT, I guess that'd be Blanton's SFTB wouldn't it?

Had a little of a nice Muscat wne from Stuart Cellars earlier. What A fine bottle, it is like candy in a glass. I am following this with a Pabst Genuine Draft beer while waiting for dinner.

I am seriuosly contemplating what bourbon for after dinner. Perhaps some Wild Turkey 8 year, or I have an OGD BIB which has been looking dangerously low for a while...

To celebrate (at long last!) :woohoo: a Chicago Bears return to the Super Bowl, and to salute the New Orleans Saints for putting up a good fight, I'm starting up with my single-barrel Baby Saz. Next up, Saz 18 '06, and then will come some Handy to top it off.

This new Saz Jr. bottle is outstanding!

OK! OK! Don't rub it in. I actually remember when the Lions were the NFL champions.

Good Luck to the Monsters of the Midway in two weeks.

Will

I am going home to a nice pour of BT. Last week I just emptied My Weller's Antique 107 (still have bottles labeled that way here).

WT RR, the 90 proof. Followed by a Rare Breed and then a Kentucky Spirit.

Please Jimmy, stall any plans of retirement.

a good pour of old charter 10 yr 86pr. a good bourbon for the money, but lacking any spicyness. i would guess from the high corn/ low rye recipe.

a good pour of old charter 10 yr 86pr. a good bourbon for the money, but lacking any spicyness. i would guess from the high corn/ low rye recipe.

That's right. It would qualify as a straight corn whiskey if it weren't aged in new charred barrels.

Ed

I enjoyed a pour of Booker's 125.3 proof over an ice cube tonight, and it was just the thing to relax me after a long day. Also, I just bought three bottles of 2006 George T. Stagg, and I'm looking forward to drinking those one by one!

After dinner, I decided I would open a bottle of Tawny Port I bought on a whim a couple of weeks ago. I'm not normally a port drinker, but the bottle was $9 and Robert Parker had rated it a 93 so I figured, why not?

Well, this Port a Jonesy Old Tawny from Australia is really good. If you are at all a Port fan pick up a bottle of this at under $10 you can't afford not to.

After dinner, I decided I would open a bottle of Tawny Port I bought on a whim a couple of weeks ago. I'm not normally a port drinker, but the bottle was $9 and Robert Parker had rated it a 93 so I figured, why not?

Well, this Port a Jonesy Old Tawny from Australia is really good. If you are at all a Port fan pick up a bottle of this at under $10 you can't afford not to.

Jonesy...sounds very Australian!

Out of interest Tim, does it say which winery produces it on the back label?

Scott

Last night I had a mini bottle comparison tasting with WL Weller Centenial, Bakers, Bookers, Knob Creek and what's left of my GTS '06 bottle. The Bookers and WL Weller Centenial tied for 1st with GTS a close 2nd. I will not be buying full bottles of Knob Creek or Bakers...

Jonesy...sounds very Australian!

Out of interest Tim, does it say which winery produces it on the back label?

Scott

It is very Austrailan :cool:

It's made by Trevor Jones. You really should try this stuff, it's outstanding. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!