What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

local shop got six more '07 Staggs so I picked one up and I like this release a little better than last year's I think.

My local ABC amazingly had two bottles of 2007 Stagg in the special order case, so I snatched those babies up, bringing my total to three now. I also got a Wild Turkey Rye. My only previous rye experience was with Jim Beam and I didn't like that too much, but this is a great change of pace. Kinda like 101 on steroids.

Stopped by a liquor store I'd driven past a few times before:

post-1106-14489813559261_thumb.jpg

I didn't need them, but just couldn't leave them there.

Let me guess Timothy...The Cork in Columbus on 46?

That would be absolutely correct.:slappin:

Just can't sneak anything past the BOTY 2008!

Let me guess Timothy...The Cork in Columbus on 46?
That would be absolutely correct.:slappin:

Just can't sneak anything past the BOTY 2008!

I don't know what is more amazing, that they were sitting there, or that Randy knew about them and left them there?! Good find!

Another Old Forrester Signature. The first bottle was a surprise to me. At 100 proof at that price point, so very drinkable neat.

Rittenhouse 100 Rye, Michters Straight Rye US1 Single Barrel, Sazerac Rye 6yo, Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark. Next bottle will be Wild Turkey Rye.

I don't know what is more amazing, that they were sitting there, or that Randy knew about them and left them there?! Good find!

Already have all the Wild Turkey 12 I can drink....I think.:skep:

Already have all the Wild Turkey 12 I can drink....I think.:skep:

Ah, but do you have all the Wild Turkey 12 that I:skep: can drink?..

(The fact that I've not driven through Indiana recently is not indicative of how many times I've done it!..You see, I grew up -- and family remains -- in SW Michigan... -- You have additionally responsibilties now, BOTY:lol:)

Puchased a replacement Pappy 20 today, the only no-questions-asked Stitzel-Weller still on shelves. Price was $99.99 and, after a courtesty discount -- which essentially offsets sales tax here -- I wound up paying $98.31 or so. It's simply not worth driving all over the countryside here to find a nominally lower price. This one was less than a mile from home.

Also picked up a 2000 LBV Osborne Port gift set for $17.99 before discount, from which the glasses make outstanding bourbon tasters -- and the Port's not bad, too.

Puchased a replacement Pappy 20 today, the only no-questions-asked Stitzel-Weller still on shelves. Price was $99.99 and, after a courtesty discount -- which essentially offsets sales tax here -- I wound up paying $98.31 or so.

$99-that's about what I paid last weekend w/ tax up here in Chi-town. It's reserve #2 in the bunker. Wonder if I should get more. It's supposed to be around in its current form until 2012, right?

It is only Wednesday and it has already been an eventful week.

Today I scored the following.

2 Parker's Heritage Collection 122.6 proof. Got a tip from ACDetroit, he said two were at a store in Dearborn, not no mo.

1 Four Roses Single Barrel Jim Rutledge 40th Anniversary Thanks again Mr. Banks of Louisville

2 Four Roses Small Batch To my Bardstown Dog, you da man!

2 Four Roses Single Barrel McScrooges Special Selection Bottle SmokinJoe keep Hot 'Lanta hot!

OK everyone, look me up, I'm pourin'.

My wife had order me some Handy prior to Christmas and it just now came in. So, now I have my second bottle of '07 Handy. That bottle now completes my second set.

:woohoo:

Yesterday I met up with a few JD collecting mates for a few drinks and swaps etc.

I came home with a 1st gen and 2nd Gen George Dickel Barrel Select, both bottles signed by Jennings D. Backus and current master distiller John R. Lunn

I keep trying to tell these guys there's some stuff to be drunk in Tennessee!

Scott

post-1792-14489813559942_thumb.jpg

post-1792-14489813560339_thumb.jpg

I had a fantastic Bourbon day !!!!!

Hey Hightower, I had a bottle of Dickel select in my hands as well. but, Alas, I had to put it back in favor of the Stagg !!!

post-3047-1448981356274_thumb.jpg

birdman, nice work on the Four Roses 40th!

Scott

Thanks !!!

I'm pretty stoked about it as well.

It will be sampled tonight.

Cheers :toast:

Today, I received my order for two bottles of Pappy Lot B and one bottle of Rock Hill Farms. One of the bottles of Pappy is for my brother-in-laws birthday next month. Opened the other bottle of Pappy and had a couple of pours tonight. Very good. I think I like the 12 year better than the 15 year.

Went to replace a recently finished PVW 15. To my horror, the shelf space at The Party Source usually devoted to PVW was filled with something else. When I inquired, I was told that PVW was on "extreme allocation" and that they were able to get only 2 or 3 bottles of each expression with each shipment.

So I stopped by another, smaller store on the way home and bought the last three that they had on the shelf. Don't want to be caught unable to get my Pappy "fix".

Also picked up a EC12 (gonna give it another try) and a Weller 12.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!