What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ORVW 10 year old. Anyone out there who has tried it and would comment on it ?

I just bought the ORVW 90 for $20 cause they didn't have the 107 and thought I'd try it. It has a good carmel nose and light carmel flavor. Nothing remarkably good or bad. I'd give it a 90 score. I like Buffalo Trace better and it's $5 cheaper.

Going out to dinner w/ 3 other couples including 2 other bourbon drinkers (and Pappy fans,too) Sat night via limo to Joe's Stone Crab. Bought a Pappy 20 today for the ride. Hopefully, we can convince man #4 to join us.

Women will drink Mumm DVX Sparkling, one we found on our last Napa trip.

The ORVW I bought was the 107 proof (10 yr old). I paid $30.00. Seemed high for a ten year old, but it is hard to find any Winkle here this time of year. Looking forward to sipping it.

OGD 114.

WT Rye.

If I ever run out of either, shoot me and let my wife collect insurance.

I'm stocking my bunker. I have loads of dusties, and have decided to gather a few extra bottles of some favorites. Some big financial changes are looming, but I have the money now to lay in store a handful each of some true must-haves. The above more than fit that description.

Didn't purchase it today, but I received a package from Tony (ACDetroit) today, and I was like a kid in a candy store.

First off there was a Distiller's Masterpiece 18yo and 20yo. I must say they look better in the flesh!

Then there was a 375mL WT Honey liqueur I was chasing.

Then Tony threw in a gift of an 07 Thomas H Handy Rye.:cool: Tony you are the man!

I really appreciate your help in getting these bottles, and the THH, my sincere thanks! :toast:

Scott

Scott, thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everything made made it thru clean!

I don't know, the picture looks pretty good!

The gift is from one new father to a soon to be!! 7-7-08 is on my calander.

Cheers Mate, would have rather seen a picture of you opening the box:slappin: !

Tony

ORVW 10 year old. Anyone out there who has tried it and would comment on it ?

The ORVW 10/107 is one of my favorite. Great pour and a reasonable price.

Lo and behold my local ABC had three bottles of Wild Turkey Rye. I picked one up and DAMN were you guys right about it. I went back and got the remaining two and a bottle of Baby Saz. Thanks for turning me on to ryes.

There were three Pappy 20s in the case too, but I've spent WAY too much this winter already.

To all you Michiganders you now have two less WT 12year split labels. Im taking them back home where they where born. Sorry!

Picked up a 100 proof Evan Williams Antebellum... curious how that is compared to the 86 proof annual bottles....

Going out to dinner w/ 3 other couples including 2 other bourbon drinkers (and Pappy fans,too) Sat night via limo to Joe's Stone Crab. Bought a Pappy 20 today for the ride. Hopefully, we can convince man #4 to join us.

Women will drink Mumm DVX Sparkling, one we found on our last Napa trip.

The only way to fly. Chicago? I was there last month. The aged steak was good but I would get something else. Careful with the drink order. I got a Manhattan full of ice. Could have been miscomunication it was very busy. Wish I was going.

Bought some Talisker 18 today. For $55.49, wouldn't you?:cool: Also, a Baker's.:grin:

But I'm not buying whiskey anymore. Really. I mean it. Seriously.

But I'm not buying whiskey anymore. Really. I mean it. Seriously.

step 1 is admitting you have a problem !!!:slappin:

I've said that many times.:lol:

Hidden

Just finishing up a Weller Antique Old Fashioned.

1/2 tsp. sugar

2 tbs. water (I used 2 because of the 107 proof)

4 drops Angostura bitters

1 maraschino cherry

and 1 orange slice, molested but not completely muddled

I still think Saz. Jr. makes a better Old Fashioned. But this is nice.

On the way in this evening, picked up my first Saz Jr......looking forward to opening it shortly.

To all you Michiganders you now have two less WT 12year split labels. Im taking them back home where they where born. Sorry!

Henry!!! You can't take those WY12's back home your a transplant! You are required by law to bring those back to MICHIGAN. If you like you can store them at my house! :lol:

Your buddy,

Tony

Oh yeah I got the replacement for my Benchmark the kind Dr. borrowed and said was so wonderful! Cheers.

Didn't purchase but traded a bottle of '06 Stagg for an '07 Stagg. Needed to complete my second set of '07 BTAC.

Though I am saving up for a new BBQ toy I could not resist the Vintage Bourbon 17.

Never seen that one out here, and it had pretty favorable recommendations...so thanks Felthove for the info...now I am feeling the pull of the WTAS!

My BBQ fund is in serious danger...

Today I got 2 Blanton's Gold bottles and a Four Roses Yellow label.

Scott

I really like the Blanton's Gold. Not a fan of the regular Blanton's but for some reason, the higher proof is more to my liking. I'm currently nursing a

Silver which is also pretty good. I have a SFTB that I will open at some point.

What's your take on the FR Yellow?

I really like the Blanton's Gold. Not a fan of the regular Blanton's but for some reason, the higher proof is more to my liking. I'm currently nursing a

Silver which is also pretty good. I have a SFTB that I will open at some point.

What's your take on the FR Yellow?

Greg,

Blanton's Gold is easy in my top 5, I love the stuff. I have a Silver but I haven't tried it. I have a SFTB open, it's not bad, but I still prefer the Gold over it.

The Four ROses Yellow I still haven't tried, I have 2 here now, but, I also have about 35 bottles open, so no more until a few are emptied. I got a backup of the Yellow for the Four Roses tasting we are going to have (that I really need to get off my @$$ and organize!)

Scott

Another for the bunker: WTAS. Although I had not planned to purchase a second one, could not pass it up for $73.

Had a short workday so there was more Saturday time than normal to hunt. Turns out, maybe I should have stayed at work......a little OT is in future to replace the $$$. Anyhow, what 'followed' me home:

Van Winkle FRR (2)

E C 12

Old Charter PR 13

Old Charter 12

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!