What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

VWFRR and Saz 18 ('07), didn't think I was going to find more of find either of these; let alone both. :)

Picked up the last bottle of 06 Handy in a particular store this evening. Thought they only had the BTAC 07 editions but moved around a few bottles and found a leftover from last year.

Anybody out there done a side-by-side between the 06 & 07 that would care to post their results? If already done, perhaps someone couold point me to the post.

Picked up my first bottle of Old Overholt. Definitely my favorite rye to date, ill be going back to get another soon.

It's more a case of what didn't I purchase today :skep:

2 x Parkers Heritage Batch 1

2 x WT Russell's Reserve Rye

2 x BT Experimental Zinfandel finish

2 x Rittenhouse 21yo Rye (was only supposed to be 1, what am I supposed to do?? Send it back??:lol:)

1 x Weller 12

1 x Sazerac Jr

1 x Rittenhouse BIB

That should keep me out of trouble (or get me into it) for a while. While I pay it off at least!

Now I just have to wait for the FedEX guy.

Scott

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of Baker's. It was on sale for $27.99 at Sam's. Yesterday was the last day of the sale, so I grabbed a bottle. Normally its $37. I don't normally go over $35(WTRB, PVW15, Lot B being a few exceptions) so I bought it. I have had it in the past, but don't remember much about it, other then that I liked it. Looking forward to drinking it.

I bought the last 2007 BTAC William Larue Weller today at my favorite store.

I did not buy it but I see that they have Pappy 23yo at $214.99 plus 6% sales tax.

That seems very reasonable for MI prices.

Bought a bottle of very rare old HH BIB 10yo for 9.99.Love this stuff, especially for the price. Also another bottle of 07 Stagg and a WTKS.

Randy

Me: Hey, you're the valet, right? Is there still a liquor store in this shopping center?

Valet: The best!

Maybe the valet is right! On my way to a friend's place on Tuesday I stopped at Ace Beverage and met CrashRiley. Ace manages to cram an amazing selection of liquor in a very small space; there's a nice, intimate feel to the place. The only real difficulty is parking. I suggest those interested in visiting park on the street, not in the valet-only garage.

CrashRiley is a good ol' Joe who sold me the bottle of Old Potrero 18th Century he promised was available for sale in this thread. OP is a pretty scarce commodity in D.C.; the distributor has been out of stock for over eight months now, Montgomery County is out of stock, I couldn't find any in Arlington, and I tried several different stores in D.C. to no avail.

We discussed several other whiskeys but since CrashRiley described it as a "best value" I also bought a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye 100 BIB for $13.99. CrashRiley even phoned and let me speak to a friend of his so I could discuss the mashbill of this impulse purchase, then gift-boxed it for free. It'll make a nice present to somebody, assuming I can keep my own paws off of it.

The additional straightbourbon.com discount was also greatly appreciated. Thank you, Crash!

Today was not bad! No hunting but an order showed up.

2 - EW 1780 No. 10 Brand (bastards the website said 10 yr old) $11.99 each

2- Weller 12 yr. they were on sale $16.95

2- Vintage 17's KBD $47.00

Tony

After draining the last of my only bottle of ORVW 10 year 107 last night. I ordered three more from Sam"s this morning. From another source I also ordered some Fee Brothers west Indian orange bitters and their old fashion aromatic bitters. I almost ordered the barrel aged bitters to but I wussed out. I figure I spent enough this morning.

Okay, this isn't good. Here is an email I received from Tewksbury Wine:

"Mark,

We do not have any of the 15yr Pappy Van Winkle in stock. We do have the 10, 12, and 20yr Pappy Van Winkle. Let us know if you would be interested in any of these items.

Thanks,

Tewksbury Fine Wine"

"Mark,

We do not have any of the 15yr Pappy Van Winkle in stock."

D'oh! I was just going to ask where you ordered from too.

"Mark,

We do not have any of the 15yr Pappy Van Winkle in stock. We do have the 10, 12, and 20yr Pappy Van Winkle. Let us know if you would be interested in any of these items.

Thanks,

Tewksbury Fine Wine"

For what it's worth, The liquor store I got the 20 from was out of the 15. I asked if they were going to get some more and he responded,"I've been trying. there doesn't seem to be a lot out there"

For what it's worth, The liquor store I got the 20 from was out of the 15. I asked if they were going to get some more and he responded,"I've been trying. there doesn't seem to be a lot out there"

I hear the above from just about every liquor store owner during this time of year when it comes to VW products.

To me, the normal VW recurring shortage seems much more severe this time around...

Julian?

To me, the normal VW recurring shortage seems much more severe this time around...

Julian?

Actually, for my areas, this year is much better than last. Just wait until you get into March, April. I won't see any VW products that I love until Fall '08.

Actually, for my areas, this year is much better than last. Just wait until you get into March, April. I won't see any VW products that I love until Fall '08.

Well, then, it looks like I need to start stocking up if this is truely gonna happen.

I called around and found a store with 4, 15's.

I may have to pay them a visit.

Well, then, it looks like I need to start stocking up if this is truely gonna happen.

I called around and found a store with 4, 15's.

I may have to pay them a visit.

I can't speak for your area, but what I mentioned happens in mine.

Stopped at Binny's Express in Glencoe and grabbed their last Bernheim and a bottle of Bulleit. The Bulleit had some dust on the shoulders of the bottle--a dusty I thought :lol: .

No Lot B, but a bottle of Pappy 20 (still there, I've got 2 bunkered) in the case and possibly more in "the basement".

Impressive stock for a pretty small store. They had Eagle Rare 10 and 17, OF Birthday, several Vintage Bourbons, the Vintage Rye.

I had wanted to detour to the Skokie Binny's, but had to go to the Bottle Shop in Wilmette to pick up some beer--Gumballhead by Three Floyds (Munster, Indiana), a wheat beer and some Belgian ale that my wife wanted. Too lazy to go look at the bottle for details.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!