What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This should be my last post for a while.

Vintage Bourbon 17 (because of recommendations here on SB.com)

Lot B for the bunker

I went cheap tonight and grabed a Weller Antique 107. I am defineatly enjoying this whiskey. It is exceptional whiskey for the price. Why did I always pass on this for something else? Mistake corrected and a bottle will always be handy.

Finally got a chance to claim my purchase of a couple of months. Picked up my assortment of 12 bottles of this year's BTAC, plus a set of of Zin BTEC and 2 bottles of the 10YO Chard BTAC. Of course I had to walk around the store and supplemented the purchase with a RR Rye and a 1992 Tullibardine SMS.

Tom

EC 18 yr old, I have one but this one is from 1980 so the oldest one I've seen so I had to have it!

Tony

A bottle of Bulleit, Eagle Rare 10 Single Barrel (2). I've been enjoying the latter in the evenings.

Today, I found a 1.75L of Old Weller Antique 107 with a Louisville label. The bottle date seems to be '99, and the UPC is 88076, so if I understand correctly this could be S-W whiskey.

If not, hell, it's still good bourbon at a reasonable price ($35).

Today, I found a 1.75L of Old Weller Antique 107 with a Louisville label. The bottle date seems to be '99, and the UPC is 88076, so if I understand correctly this could be S-W whiskey.

If not, hell, it's still good bourbon at a reasonable price ($35).

You understand correctly, what you have is S-W whiskey......and, at one heckuva price. Congrats!!!!

Great find Traver!!

I picked up a couple 1.75L OGD 86 these have tax stamps and are from the early 80's. These would have ND juice in them so they will be good!

Tony

A Weller 12 and an ORVW 10.

BTW, it's official. Prices in my part of SoCal are going up...in a hurry!

EC 18 yr old, I have one but this one is from 1980 so the oldest one I've seen so I had to have it!

Tony

Tony,

My current bottle is dated 9-8-1981, and it is superb. I love this stuff. The best part is it should be available in Australia from this month.:grin:

Got my FedEx package from Binnys yesterday, accompanied by a $400 customs bill. :hot: Looks like I will be taking it easy for a while.

Scott

Just got 'em today.

Elmer T Lee Sam's Wine selected barrel.

W L Weller 12yo, I can get the other 4 Weller's but MI doesn't carry the 12yo.

Also ordered a Pappy Van Winkle 20yo but it was cut from the order, no reason given.

I can also get PVW 20yo in MI but even with shipping it is cheaper to get it from Sam's, but this time it was to cheap.

I snagged a bottle of Booker's today at lunch. Never had it before but it was time to try it.

This past weekend I was able to get the last bottle of Eagle Rare 10 on the shelf...apparently they sell out rather quickly at the one shop I have found that stocks it. I only sampled a tiny sip and I think I will really like this one.

I picked up a couple of Bourbon Deluxe's. The fake tax stamp has ND on the top. I'm not that schooled so does anyone know if these are any good? I also bought an OVRW "very special stock" 10 year, 90.4 proof. very plain label. I've never seen one of these. Distilled in 95.

Randy

Yet another OC12 (still a handful under $20 about town...I just love the stuff), Baker's, WTRB (current batch). Also scored a Weller Centennial from L'ville last weekend.

I picked up a couple of Bourbon Deluxe's...does anyone know if these are any good?

Randy

To be charitable - Bourbon DeLuxe is perhaps the most...humble... of the ND products you are likely to find.

Not to worry, though. You'll be so happy with your Van Winkle that you'll forget all about the Bourbon DeLuxe.

Roger

I picked up a couple of Bourbon Deluxe's. The fake tax stamp has ND on the top. I'm not that schooled so does anyone know if these are any good? I also bought an OVRW "very special stock" 10 year, 90.4 proof. very plain label. I've never seen one of these. Distilled in 95.

Randy

Randy, you will like the ORVW. Next time try the ORVW 10/107. It's even better.

I ordered some Willett pot still family reserve but it will not be in till Monday! Now I need to figure out how I'm getting it to MI!! No worries it will get here even if I need to make the road trip!

Tony

Picked up 2 bottles of Wild Turkey Rye for 15 and change (each). Good whiskey.

Joe :usflag:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!