What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After presenting a successful Geocaching event with a friend and winning the Cornhole tournament (and a set of cornhole boards and bags) I'm relaxing with a pour of Pappy 15 while watching the race.

I love it when a plan comes together.

After presenting a successful Geocaching event with a friend and winning the Cornhole tournament (and a set of cornhole boards and bags) I'm relaxing with a pour of Pappy 15 while watching the race.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Pappy 15 is always good! Nice form on the cornholing, BTW. That Kathy's got a nice high followthrough, too! :D

:toast: to the victor!

JOE

Pappy 15 is always good! Nice form on the cornholing, BTW. That Kathy's got a nice high followthrough, too! :D

:toast: to the victor!

JOE

Thanks...I'm not as surly as I look in my pics there. I guess I had my game face on. The boards were brand new and freshly painted, so they were slicker than heck and it took a real high arc to keep the bags on the board.

I'm enjoying some WT12 now. To the victors go the spoils. :cool:

William Larue Weller BP 117.9. Was in Florida last week for a family reunion and on the way out found this bottle in a liquor store in Pensacola. Cost was $50. There were 3 other bottles on the shelf.

I'm drinking it neat. What a long, wonderful finish! Reminds me of Kona coffee glazed macadamia nuts. I am really quite taken with this whiskey.

I finally drove over to Louisville to get a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch. This is very nice and I really enjoyed this last night. I think I get in a little deeper tonight!

Last night I indulged in some Willett 6yo barrel proof "Pear Tree" with a nice cigar.

It's back to work tomorrow after vacation...tonight I started with an OCPR mini bottle that Bourbon Joe got at The Sampler, and he gave me when we got together along with Fricky and Dave Ziegler in PA. So that mini has made a round trip of about 1400 miles from KY to PA and back to KY.

I enjoyed the OCPR and am finishing with a pour of Weller Antique.

-Joe

Weller Centennial (Premier Spirits, Buffalo NY. edition)

In a very unusual occurence for me, I have gone through about 1/3 of a 750ml bottle of VBT #122 today -- both neat while tasting, and mixed with both ginger ale and cola (better with the former -- in fact, quite wonderful) since. It has been very good both ways, and cost under $10.

Of course, I can't name the distillate while the contest is ongoing:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9997

but I am both elated at the relative value, and deflated at the likelihood I can't find any more of it. Tomorrow, I go on my first 'bourbon hunt' in many a month, in order to find cheap liquor!:shocked:

Felt like something different so finished the night with Macallan 18yr Fine Oak.

A few pours of 4R 120th (thanks Philsfan!!). While I have not been an avid fan of the 4R line this is a damn good bourbon. I find the 120th quite different from the "regular" 4R line especially with the sweetness on the back end..... Now why only 2238 bottles #$@&%^(*&$%#@!!!

Started with Parkers Heritage 122.6 and now on to VSOF 12 yr. The Parkers is good but damn if it isn't just a older and stronger JBB. I really don't much like the beam product flavor profile (as I've probably stated many times before).

The VSOF is a real sweetheart of a wheater and really becoming a regular pour in my arsenal. Next it will be an overdue return to the PVW15.

Started with Parkers Heritage 122.6 and now on to VSOF 12 yr. The Parkers is good but damn if it isn't just a older and stronger JBB. I really don't much like the beam product flavor profile (as I've probably stated many times before).

The VSOF is a real sweetheart of a wheater and really becoming a regular pour in my arsenal. Next it will be an overdue return to the PVW15.

Since, I have not seen a PHC yet....I'll ask the rookie question. Was it made at the Beam plant for HH? Seems like a strange thing to do for that sort of bottling.

Thanks.

Started with OHH 8/86 with Coke.

Now it's ETL SB, neat.

Since, I have not seen a PHC yet....I'll ask the rookie question. Was it made at the Beam plant for HH? Seems like a strange thing to do for that sort of bottling.

Thanks.

True it is made at HH but the taste profile is Parker BEAM all the way. I just figured they used a mash bill from the beam legacy or something. Either way it really seems to remind me of Bookers, Bakers, and JBB.

JTS Brown BIB on the rocks. Great stuff.

I am drinking the same now, as well. It IS great. And, the price is hard to beat. Love the old-timey label. Another example that you don't have to spend a small fortune to get a high quality bourbon.

Cheers!

JOE

WLW '05. Then some Old Forester. Still looking around for the BIB variety, but the regular will do for now.

Well I had the pleasure of HogBen stopping in tonight so we started with some Pappy 23, Hancocks PR, EWBL 90 proof, Rittenhouse 21 yr old Rye and now some Julio's Centennial!

I'm glad henry doesn't make it up every week! My bunker would be gone :lol:!

Tony

A few pours of RVW Lot B..... this is a bourbon that always seems to deliver....

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!