What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After a WT101 whiskey sour with dinner, I'm putting a serious hurtin' on the bottle of ORVW 10/90 (over a few cubes of ice) after a very full day at the beach.

I love being on vacation.

On this last day of June, finishing off my bottle of the BOTM, Bulleit, and wondering what the July BOTM will be.

I cracked that Maker's Mark 101 gold label on Friday night, and I must say it was very enjoyable. I will get into more depth at another time, but the proof was an improvement but it also looks and tastes older than the ~6 years that they bottles Maker's at now.

Scott

EC 12yr and wondering what all the commotion is about. Definately no better than Makers Mark. Gimme PVWFR or Blantons over this anyday.

I saw a thread earlier that said that PVW Family Reserve 13 yo was very much like a bourbon, despite being a rye. Can anyone recommend to me a rye that is unlike a bourbon and unlike PVWFR?

Just a note, the next three bottles on my shopping list (bless you July bonus) are WTRB, WT12yo and WT Rye.

Can anyone recommend to me a rye that is unlike a bourbon and unlike PVWFR?

The Wild Turkey rye and the regular Sazerac (that we call "Saz Jr", comes in what I call an "old timey" bottle) do not smell or taste like bourbon (at least not to me).

I agree 100% with Scott in regards to the Baby Saz. It is wonderfully distinctive.

JOE

The Wild Turkey rye and the regular Sazerac .

Thank you for your recommendation.

Pappy 23 all by itself, for now. Will also consider the Full Van Winkle flight this evening.

Pappy 23 all by itself, for now. Will also consider the Full Van Winkle flight this evening.

I'm with you on that. Started with Very Special Old Fitz 12 yr. Great bourbon, even better once you let it breath a while. I used my frother on it for a few seconds and it really opened up nicely, sweet. Now I'm thoroughly enjoying my Pappy 15. Cheers!

Started with JB Black and Coke, and I'm now working on some ORVW 10/90. Joe

Working on the vacation bottle of ORVW 10/90 while reading a Bill Bryson book about Australia.

In honor of the new addition to Scott's family (here) I am working on a healthy pour of PVW 20. I still need to get my hands on a bottle of the 15 y.o. as I have heard many great things about it.

WT Rye with 7-up. Not bad. I need to get some ginger ale and try it with that.

WT Rye with 7-up. Not bad. I need to get some ginger ale and try it with that.

Atta boy! You'll like it. If not, just send me both bottles.

In honor of the new addition to Scott's family (here) I am working on a healthy pour of PVW 20. I still need to get my hands on a bottle of the 15 y.o. as I have heard many great things about it.

The 15 is my hands down favorite bourbon. Keep your eyes peeled this fall when they bottle it again!

There's lots of Pappy 15 down here in Myrtle Beach. I'm resisting the urge to take a bottle home with me as I've already got some other stuff but I think the urge will win out.

I'm not adverse to grabbing one for someone if their home collection is lacking.

This ORVW 10/90 is too darn tasty. It is way to smooth.

I am enjoying just a plain old glass of Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon on the rocks...and enjoying every sip of it.

My wife and I enjoyed some mint juleps this evening ... utilizing Maker's Mark. Delicious!

The first pour was the Julio's Weller 13 yr Centennial, then on to some OR VW 10/107 and to finish me off for the night a hefty pour of the Four Roses 120th.

Night all!

AC

Enjoyed a few pours of 1792 .... this is a bourbon that I am really liking after looking at the bottle on the shelf for several years.

The first pour was the Julio's Weller 13 yr Centennial, then on to some OR VW 10/107 and to finish me off for the night a hefty pour of the Four Roses 120th.

Night all!

AC

Now that is what I would call a quality night !!!!

For me, a wild Turkey Flight (AS,RR101,86.8),some Larue Weller '05 and 4 roses 120. (not all too hefty):grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!